3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

it's the Alexandra Birthing Unit which is basically the midwife led unit and they aim to get you out and in your own home after 6 hours of giving birth if you're comfortable to do so. You have your own room after delivery and the choice of a water birth. The only thing you can't have on that unit is an epidural. The midwifes were lovely though and they were so friendly and made me laugh loads (whilst I was in pain haha)

But, all the women I know had theirs in the actual main delivery unit and they had no problems either whatsoever!

If you do move and ever need a friend for a coffee or anything just give me a message and maybe we can meet up - entirely up to you though :) If you don't mind me asking why might you be moving here?

I think every hospital has their "horror stories", but a lot of the time the experience can be down to the ladies and their expectations/how they cope with pain/birth partners support. I know one of the ladies I know who went to Lister hates the place, but her partner says they were fantastic, and during it she was even saying that while stoned off her face! But ask her now and it was a horrible place, don't go there!

Heyy! Welcome to any newbies :D have added you on :D Cant wait for the time of everyones anomaly scans to have all the diff colours!!!

Hahaha! Pregnant divas is definitely true! And we also think its ok to act like it coz we are pregnant! I went to my dads restaurant last night and demanded profiteroles and a hot chocolate, my OH was like are you sure you were moaning you don’t want to put on weight....but i want themmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! So i did hehe!

CharlieKeys – in my opinion i would deffo find out! But i cant stand surprises or waiting for things! So you really need to think about what you want...do you want the surprise at the end or do you want to know now so can do boy/girl colours, names etc? And also i would think of money – the £100 a gender scan will be could go on sayyyyy a travel cot lol! are you not able to move hosps? Id be devastated if i couldn’t find out hehe

I cant believe its only Tuesday!!!! In the words of lee evans....it feels like a Wednesday!!! Ive got a busy week this week in the eves too! Went to my friends after my dads place last night as she had lots of baby stuff for me from her little boy, then 2 nite its the MIL bday then 2 moz going to see my friend whos baba is a couple weeks old now eeek! Hopefully the weekend is nice n quiet with the OH! Its our anniversary on val day (well its actually the 13th but we decided to move it to the 14th hehe ;) and we want to just stay in and enjoy eachothers company! Im sure it wont happen though, something always comes up!

Anyone else got val day plans!? xxx

Hello everyone! My name is Wendy and I'm due August 5th! Team yellow, woo!

ummmm both ;) i had clusters cereal with strawberries today! was amazing! i could do a yoghurt right now though! and pancakes covered in lemon and sugar mmmmmmmmmmmmm! so hungry lol x

Morning girls, still suffering terribly with ms here ;(

I'm going to find out I think (even though I keep getting told enjoy the surprise ha ha) I just wanna prove my OH wrong again :p

Let me think any val day plans - nope! My OH hates val day :( he said he'd rather do it on a different day that Isn't all commercial blah blah blah! I just tell him he's such an unromantic and then that sets him off moaning more lol!

What's Everyone's plans for today? :)

MY DH also hates valentines day :-( ! We never get each other anything, but this year that will change!

I got him a cute heart shaped mug that says I love papa and a little baby outfit, so I hope he likes it!

Morning girls, still suffering terribly with ms here ;(

Ahh no have you tried eating some dry toast? Really hope the thought ofthat doesn't set you off :)

I'm fine with food, I can eat whatever I like... but my body needs to be sick everyday for some reason. I will just feel nauseas until I bite the bullet and go be sick. I'll be fine then :wacko:

As for valentines day, this will be the first time OH has been off for it since we've been together. We'll probs just cook a meal and stay in... though there is something in the cinema I want to see that comes out that day and you know what I've completely forgotten what it is :dohh:

Welcome WendyG - nice EDD :)

Sorry to hear about the sickness Sequeena - fingers crossed you're not going to have it for too much longer!

You have another OH that hates Valentines day. He used to work in the local shop, and have valentines day cards in the store ready to be put out since before Christmas so he's very much against it. In fact, he now dislikes cards in general, and easter, and a little bit of Christmas!

Aw TaNasha - that's an awesome idea for a present. I think I've decided not to get him anything, but to make some millionaire shortbreads (his fave) during the day, and then have an indoor picnic infront of the fake fire. Although, saying that, we haven't spoken in three days so may not even be bothering with that!

My OH does't do cards... which is good because neither do I really :lol: He always gets me roses... last year he got me a huge £30 bunch but he's a manager in a supermarket so was able to get the bunch for around £5 :lol: I'm glad he does because we don't have that much disposable income to spend £30 on flowers!

My plans for today are to get passport photos taken. OH and I are going on a vacation later this month to California, and I've never been outside Canada so don't have a passport!

Urgh sequeena same here just to make you feel better! Im praying that im not one of these girls who have it all the way through! Thankfully it has held itself to just the mornings now so i can get over it by 9am!

Good choice Charlie hehe! No plans today – well just work!!! Then off to MILs after work for her bday – need to get a present first though eeek! Thankfully she has said she wants jamies 30 min meals so thats nice n easy trip to sainsburys! So annoyed as it was one of the books that the book man had left at work the other day and it was like half price grr! Typical!

TaNasha me and OH are the same! We have a joint account so if we buy presents we are technically buying ourselves something so we just agree we wont buy hehe! Its the same at xmas we just buy a big present for the both of us but i suppose once baba is here we wont buy eachother at all and just spend all of the money on baba!

BattyNora if you don’t give him the shortbread i will have them instead mmmmmmm! Why haven’t you spoken : (

aw sequeena I was wondering where you'd been! I hope you feel better! I have been gagging a lot lately but not over food just in general to the point I wished I could throw up... But then again I don't i only want to feel better... I can't imagine actually throwing up everyday! You poor dear! Blasted horomones are so tempermental! I imagine you are cooking up a big healthy baby with all the sickness! So hang in there!!

My DH & I celebrate valentines but not in a huge way, this will be our first one married! Generally I cook for val day & we watch movies & exchange cards & chocolate, then the next weekend (avoid the crowd) we dress up and he take me somehere nice :) this year we are on a tighter budget & will probably just spend the evening together at home since it is a work night anyways. We will be spending money this weekend driving to get our scan & stuff, so I am sure we will have a sort of quiet val day. My DH writes the absolute sweetest cards, they are my favorite gift from him, I don't care for material possessions, and his words are so sweet and sincere! I have an entire collection of cards ffrom holidays & just because. He just wrote me one and gave me some flowers last week when I was so worried and depressed and just in the dumps. So Val day is fun but no big deal bc he expresses his love for me all year long and I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful man! Ok I have to stop before I cry ... Crazy horomones! ;)

Love_Krystal I hope you're right :lol: I wonder if baby will be difficult when he/she gets here but he/she is giving me hell now :lol:

Love_Krystal I hope you're right :lol: I wonder if baby will be difficult when he/she gets here but he/she is giving me hell now :lol:

I think this is true! those of us who had it bad in pregnancy - bad sickness, pains etc will have a nice easy labour and those who had an easy pregnancy will have a bad labour hehe!

my best friend had it sooooooo easy when she was pregs and we always joked she wiould have a bad birth....and hell she did! was there a few days and then ended up in c section after all the agony!!! was a biiiiiiiig baby though hehe! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->