3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I wish my OH would get me a card! He didn't even get me a card for Xmas from our son so I was well upset! He keeps saying he's going to get one for me..... but oh look it's February and I'm still waiting! I think it's maybe just a man thing and the fact his family have never been present/card senders whereas mine are!

and WendyG - when's your due date? Are we due on the same day? :) Ahh is it summer in California? I get really confused as to what parts of the world is in Summer and what parts are in Winter lol :D

I've gotta take Stephen for his 4 month jabs today! So I'm going to have one major grump on my hand and one little clinger! And like everyone else I'm staaaaaaaaaaaarving!!! I've had 3 slices of toast and butter (yummmmmy) but I now want more and I want some Tuna mayo!

Is everyone really hungry? With my DS i hardly ate anything but this time around I'm starving all day everyday haha!

Love_Krystal I hope you're right :lol: I wonder if baby will be difficult when he/she gets here but he/she is giving me hell now :lol:

I think this is true! those of us who had it bad in pregnancy - bad sickness, pains etc will have a nice easy labour and those who had an easy pregnancy will have a bad labour hehe!

my best friend had it sooooooo easy when she was pregs and we always joked she wiould have a bad birth....and hell she did! was there a few days and then ended up in c section after all the agony!!! was a biiiiiiiig baby though hehe! xx

Aw no pity, c-section is my biggest nightmare!!

I actually can't stop thinking about the birth and I can't wait! I get really teary thinking about the moment when baby comes out and we meet him/her for the first time. Ah I must be a freak or something I'm going to love all of it!!!

Love_Krystal I hope you're right :lol: I wonder if baby will be difficult when he/she gets here but he/she is giving me hell now :lol:

I think this is true! those of us who had it bad in pregnancy - bad sickness, pains etc will have a nice easy labour and those who had an easy pregnancy will have a bad labour hehe!

my best friend had it sooooooo easy when she was pregs and we always joked she wiould have a bad birth....and hell she did! was there a few days and then ended up in c section after all the agony!!! was a biiiiiiiig baby though hehe! xx

ha ha it's true! With Stephen I felt/was sick all the way until the end, bad back and hip pains, tired alllllllll the time, couldn't stand for longer than 2 mins before I felt dizzy and I had the most easiest labour in the world ;) 4 and a half hours and 11 mins pushing! Result :haha: Which means this labour is going to be horrible..............

I wish my OH would get me a card! He didn't even get me a card for Xmas from our son so I was well upset! He keeps saying he's going to get one for me..... but oh look it's February and I'm still waiting! I think it's maybe just a man thing and the fact his family have never been present/card senders whereas mine are!

and WendyG - when's your due date? Are we due on the same day? :) Ahh is it summer in California? I get really confused as to what parts of the world is in Summer and what parts are in Winter lol :D

I've gotta take Stephen for his 4 month jabs today! So I'm going to have one major grump on my hand and one little clinger! And like everyone else I'm staaaaaaaaaaaarving!!! I've had 3 slices of toast and butter (yummmmmy) but I now want more and I want some Tuna mayo!

Is everyone really hungry? With my DS i hardly ate anything but this time around I'm starving all day everyday haha!

Yes! In the beginning I barely ate as I was so sick but now I know how to cope and I am eating everything that I come into contact with :rofl: I even resorted to having a massive sharesize bag of crisps one day for breakfast!

Im always hungry Charlie! I have brekkie at about half 7, then have a snack at about half 10 usually a pitta with tomato and olive oil or summit mmmmmmmm then my lunch is at 1 but im usually grumbling at about half 12ish! Then i have fruit till i get home for dinner! Im gona savour all this eating – dreading the dieting after birth :S:S:S:S!

Sequeena, birth thoughts haven’t hit me yet! I still imagine it to be a lovely priocess but i know as soon as the time is really near il start to go in panic mode! My mum was nice enough to tell me that it was the most painful experience of her life, and I already have a most painful experience of my life and that was hell for me so it does worry me that birth will be worse hehe!

Everyone has been trying to scare me about the birth but it just makes me more excited. It can't be THAT bad if said person has had 4 kids! ;) they never seem to remember that :p

honestly, I loved giving birth :-/ Everyone thinks I'm really weird, but my OH thinks it was because it was so easy and quick! Plus pethidine is amazing ;) Mix that with G&A and you're having your own little party! ha ha

I want mine to be as natural as possible, but I don't think homebirth is for me as I would worry too much... so waterbirth at midwife led birthing centre it is for me! And no G+A or anything else hopefully!

I admit it, I am a FREAK :haha: I'm not a fan of pain but I know that pain will in the end give me someone amazing :D

Did anyone watch One Born Every minute? I felt sorry for one of the ladies because she was so scared... but she ended up giving birth naturally :)

Did anyone watch One Born Every minute? I felt sorry for one of the ladies because she was so scared... but she ended up giving birth naturally :)

Yes and I was so proud of her :D Had to giggle at how high she was though :lol:

I'm so glad the other lady got to give birth vaginally too but I wanted to smack her OH!

lol my aim was for a natural birth but I got in and was like give me the G&A!!!! and then I kept fighting my contractions which made it more painful so the midwife advised me to have pethidine so I'd relax!

My friend had NO pain relief whatsoever and if you can do it then Well Done :) lol

I was smiling too! Lol she did look out of it when her eyes were rolling back!

Dean? What about when he was on the phone to his dad? "They used forceps so it was easy for her really" I wanted to hit the tv when he said that! I dont know how she puts up with him...

lol my aim was for a natural birth but I got in and was like give me the G&A!!!! and then I kept fighting my contractions which made it more painful so the midwife advised me to have pethidine so I'd relax!

My friend had NO pain relief whatsoever and if you can do it then Well Done :) lol

Aw bless!! I can imagine you having your own little party too with the G+A lol!!!

I was smiling too! Lol she did look out of it when her eyes were rolling back!

Dean? What about when he was on the phone to his dad? "They used forceps so it was easy for her really" I wanted to hit the tv when he said that! I dont know how she puts up with him...

He reminds me of someone I used to work with... his idol was Lee Evans and he kept trying to act like him and was coming out with remarks much like that Dean. OOF!!! :growlmad:

Whats pethidine? I don’t mind taking drugs like G&A etc but i deffo don’t want an epi! Il do anything but that haha! Im the same as you sequeena want a water birth – your crazy having no G&A either though!! Im not that strong haha!

I missed OBEM yday  gona try watch it on catch up at work at lunch hehe! I love that show wish it was on every week – although i thought the live one at xmas was pants! I had high hopes for it and it was wiff! Thank god for recording it so i could FF the crappy talking!

My due date is on the 5th, so YES I believe we are the same day :D

Yes, it is warm in California all year round from what I hear. I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada which is winter right now so it will be nice to have some warmth!

Pethidine is a strong sedative - it can speed up your labour and it although you can still feel the contractions it's not as painful and you can sleep through them (I did ;)) The only drawback is that if given too close to the baby being delivered the baby can be a bit drowsy! Stephen was fine! No drowsiness and he was awake all night just watching me so it can't be that bad lol :) and can make you feel sick (like G&A) but no sickness here! Unlike an Epi you still have full control too when pushing etc :) It's just an injection in your bum which I can't remember :haha:

Pethidine is a strong sedative - it can speed up your labour and it although you can still feel the contractions it's not as painful and you can sleep through them (I did ;)) The only drawback is that if given too close to the baby being delivered the baby can be a bit drowsy! Stephen was fine! No drowsiness and he was awake all night just watching me so it can't be that bad lol :) and can make you feel sick (like G&A) but no sickness here! Unlike an Epi you still have full control too when pushing etc :) It's just an injection in your bum which I can't remember :haha:

ooooh that sounds good then! on my Birthing Plan im going to say i dont mind having anything other than an epi! i 100% dont want one. it seems like such a loing time away but im sure it will fly by! x

well if you give birth on a birthing unit usually an Epi is out of the Question anyways! But there are loads of options for pain relief now so never say no :D

I have NO idea what to write for my birthing plan or when to even start.

It'll probably say 'don't give me anything even if I beg' :haha: and that's about it! :wacko:

Can you include things on it for after the birth, like OH dressing him/her (after skin on skin)?

I'm really nervous for labor this time, I had to have an emergency c-section with DS and it was sooooo scary (everything ended up being fine). This time I'd like to avoid another c-section but I'll definately get an epidural, I think most women in the US do. it seems like most women in the UK use gas&air which we don't even have the option of (actually I don't even know what that is!).

I can't believe its almost valentines day! I'll probably just get DH a card from me, and one from DS. He usually gets me chocolates or flowers- we don't have any kind of huge celebration, I'll probably just make a red velvet cake for after dinner.

I am in the final countdown, 6 hours till my scan and they should be able to tell me the sex of the baby. I"m trying really hard to not jump out of my skin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->