3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

haha i started another one in 2nd tri and they moved it again!!!!! so on this one now i guess! plus we have dates :p whats yours il add it on xxx

Hey Samira. Glad your appointment went well (I can talk to you- I don't have rubella lol). I had to make my midwife appointment before I got brought forward, so I have to wait a little longer than I should do :( I'm so impatient!!

On the subject of home birth, I was actually VERY encouraged by my midwife to have a home birth (this seems to be something they're going more nowadays, because of the facilities at hospitals becoming overcrowded). I didn't feel comfortable with a home birth with it being my first and not knowing completely what to expect (and OH definitely didn't feel comfortable with me having a home birth), and the midwife seemed disappointed that we wouldn't even consider it. Hmm.

Here in Holland most of women give birth at home as the MA does not pay for a hospital birth.

I am terrified of giving birth at home so I will go to a hospital and hopefully get some drugs to ease the pain!

oh you should go put the link to this thread on the front page of the old one, and the last page so the ladies can follow and won't be left behind.

I'm going to be 18 weeks on Sunday! :) I do a little count down every week!

I've started looking at recipes so I can make my own food for LO... a bit eager perhaps? Lol... I will print them all off on card and then get it binded. I've even designed a front cover for it :)

Woo hoo I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow!

Yasmin that's a neat idea I would like to try to make my own food too.

I have had a rough couple days ... Yesterday I just had a bad day I was emotional & my blood pressure was up, I'm not sure how high it got but after resting for a couple hours it was 148/84 still which is borderline but still a little scary ... DH got home & he always makes me feel better and it had dropped to 128/72 within 30 mins! ... The little one I nanny for (until next week anyways) has spent the night with me 2 nights...well last night it was bc she said she was staying at the hospital all night, but she lied. She texted me at 8 pm saying she was home and going to bed. Then she was suppose to scan me today & the ice storm was gone etc and I asked her and she said "I'm trying to go home early" ... In otherwords she is selfish and she was screwing me over for the hundreth time ! Ughhh I was so upset this morning!!! At least DH is off today so spending time with him Is nice :)

Woo hoo I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow!

Yasmin that's a neat idea I would like to try to make my own food too.

I have had a rough couple days ... Yesterday I just had a bad day I was emotional & my blood pressure was up, I'm not sure how high it got but after resting for a couple hours it was 148/84 still which is borderline but still a little scary ... DH got home & he always makes me feel better and it had dropped to 128/72 within 30 mins! ... The little one I nanny for (until next week anyways) has spent the night with me 2 nights...well last night it was bc she said she was staying at the hospital all night, but she lied. She texted me at 8 pm saying she was home and going to bed. Then she was suppose to scan me today & the ice storm was gone etc and I asked her and she said "I'm trying to go home early" ... In otherwords she is selfish and she was screwing me over for the hundreth time ! Ughhh I was so upset this morning!!! At least DH is off today so spending time with him Is nice :)

Hope you have a good weekend :) If you want you can send me your email address and I can send you the recipes I have. Lots of purees and stuff. I just want to make sure I know exactly what my baby is eating.

I feel the same way, I am not a fan of all the sodium and preservatives in baby food. I am trying to cloth diaper to save money & I've been Hand making cloth wipes and those pads that you put in your bra when you breast feed to keep your nipples from leaking ... We will have to see how it all turns out ! Haha :)

Since it doesn't look like I'll get an ultrasound for 5 more weeks (march 10th) I ordered a sonoline b Doppler today! Should
be in by Wednesday !!!

I'm 14 weeks today :) but baby is measuring at 15 weeks- so we are REALLY a naval orange today, not a lemon! :) Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far. :)

I feel the same way, I am not a fan of all the sodium and preservatives in baby food. I am trying to cloth diaper to save money & I've been Hand making cloth wipes and those pads that you put in your bra when you breast feed to keep your nipples from leaking ... We will have to see how it all turns out ! Haha :)

Since it doesn't look like I'll get an ultrasound for 5 more weeks (march 10th) I ordered a sonoline b Doppler today! Should
be in by Wednesday !!!

I'll mail you what I have so far on Monday :) I thought about the DIY diapers but I'm not confident about it. Hubby said we should use disposables first and then switch. You do save a lot of money too.

Ok thanks!!! I will use disposables the First couple weeks until im settled in with breastfeeding etc and all the cloth diapers I have are being given to me so no investment til I know I like them & I actually may not have to purchase anything which will be nice!

I got some good news today though, if all works out I will be getting a scan and hopefully finding out the sex of the baby this Friday the 11th!!!

Congrats on the scan date! You'll have yours a week before mine! Will you find out the sex? I'm going to send you the email in 10 mins...

Hi girls,

did everyone have a nice weekend?

For the last few days I have been having some cramps, its nothing painful, but i defnitely feel them. Its feels like I have already called the midwife for every small little twinge and every time it has been ok. are cramps normla in the 2nd tri or should i just call the midwife anyways?

Hi!! Im Andrea due on the 6 August! Im 40 and my OH is 39, we weren't TTC because we both thought we couldnt have kiddies, fell pregnant last year right before my 40th birthday (and didnt know about it) but we sadly miscarried Beanie at 8 weeks, we 'rested' for 2 months and then fell pregnant with Smartie in November last year so our baba is a gift from God and a wonderful miracle to us!

Hi girls,

did everyone have a nice weekend?

For the last few days I have been having some cramps, its nothing painful, but i defnitely feel them. Its feels like I have already called the midwife for every small little twinge and every time it has been ok. are cramps normla in the 2nd tri or should i just call the midwife anyways?

Hi

Just letting you know the cramps are normal. I have had them from the start of my pregnancy and they are caused due to the ligaments stretching .. :winkwink:

No need for concern unless they become extremely painful, last for long periods of time and are followed by bleeding. :wacko:

Try sitting down or lying down if at home, lean slightly into the pain and take deep breaths .. normally goes away :thumbup:

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to share this SLEEP REMEDY with you in case you dont already know it .. I am batling to sleep at night already, doesnt help that i have a OH that snores like a tree cutter .. anyway 20 mins before u go to bed 1/2 a glass of warm/hot milk .. obviously not too hot but more hot than cold if that makes sense .. it works wonders !!

Hi all, just realised the thread has moved... i was wondering why the lack of activity on the 1st tri board, now i see why. I will have to read through and catch up on how everyone is doing. Samira if you can add me to the 1st post, my due date is the 30th July but im having a planned c section in early July prob the 7th so put me where you wish... :) oh and weve been told we are team pink but will know officially on the 3rd of march scan. Also dont know if its just me (if it is let me know) but can everyone else read the colour of the yellow on the 1st post. It might be my screen settings, im just having trouble seeing what it says?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->