3rd & 2nd Tri MIDSUMMER DREAMERS - Mid July-Mid August Pregnancies! Come join! :D

I also wanted to know if the short sleeve baby vests are used under the baby gros? Even in the summer?

TaNasha the general rule is one layer more than what you are wearing, so if your out without a jumper, then they need a jumper, you with a jumper then they need a coat and so on. Little dresses are fine but you may want to get some tights too (start looking for those soon, I found newborn tights a real pain to find).

yasmin, in the summer at night I tend to not put a vest on them under the baby grow (provided it is a warm summer) and just add an extra blanket if need be. In the day I add layers, so it if really hot just a nappy, then a bit cooler a vest, then maybe some shorts or skirt.

Remember two things, it is easier to warm a baby up than cool it down, and also your instincts tend to kick in as a Mummy.

:kiss:

tanasha- how did you find out so early what you're having?

To those in the US- happy valentines day all. :)

It is Valentines day here too (UK), so happy Valentines day ladies. Think next year your babies might be getting their first valentines cards, or even sending them :cloud9:

Aww can't believe we'll all have a baby by next valentine's day :cloud9: tasha thanks for the advice on how to dress baby, I will definitely remember it! X

You're welcome girls, I struggle to get excited (for obvious reasons) but this is getting me excited. :thumbup:

There are loads of little things like this you just don't know about. For those who have had previos babies - do antenatel classes cover parenting bits?

Otherwise - I'm very scared!

PS. I know it's a while away but what are you girlies thinking of in terms of birthing partners? OH/mum's/friend that's been through it before/Doula/friend who hasn't been through it?

I'm just having my OH there with me, he has no prior experience either :haha:

Just me and my husband. He's the only one I would want with me :)

Tanasha- thanks! i'm so totally jealous!

Batty- you mean like in the room kind of thing? I'm having DH of course, then my mom and aunt because they will FIGHT for what i want - where as dh is more along the lines of -do whatever they tell you- basically forgets we can have an opinion.

Yes they do cover things like clothes, and parenting to a degree. I guess it depends where you are and what the classes are like, here it is just a one off class, whereas some places it is a few classes.

I have had my husband and Mum there every time. My husband with me the whole time, my Mum there part of the time. Both are fantastic support.

I will only have my DH.

I really wanted my mom to be here aswell, but she will need to come all the way from South Africa to Holland and we cant really plan when the baby will be here, so she will just be here in the end of August when the baby will defnitely be here by then.

Just signed up for my classes- you inspired me :)

Signed dh and i up. They charge $50 for a couple. So, we'll stick to just the two of us. :) But mom and aunt will be in the actual birth room when the time comes!

That is fab, you will love it. Lots of people make friends with other Mum's and dad's to be, which is great cos your all in a similar situation, plus friendships can continue when you have your LO's so you can have coffee mornings with them, feeling less alone is worth $50 even without the classes. :haha:

I am glad everyone is doing well! :) that's exciting about your scan Yasmin! Oh and what fun shopping must of been TaNasha! We aren't going to shop until After March 9th when we have our confirmation anatomy scan with the doctor, but Im going to a huge baby sale that weekend with SIL :)

We had a wonderful weekend tellig everyone that we will be having a son! Knowing what the baby is has made it even more real ESP for DH, and seeing the little baby that is living inside me was so incredible! We have talked about decoration & clothes & all of the things we will be able to share and do with him... And we've been trying to set our name in stone... Leaning right now toward Silas Jeremiah ... A strong Biblical names & DH's name is Jeremy so it's the long form of his name!

When we watching him on the u/s he was breech & his little feet were crossed & pointing down and he was using them to push against my bladder and move himself up and down ... I saw him do it then felt a familiar pain outside my bladder that I had been complaining about for a week or two & realized it was just the little one kickin me there! Now I smile everytime I feel it & poke him so he will move haha :) I feel him
move so much more often now, like a few times a day, something I would dismiss if I didn't know he was right there & bc it doesn't feel much like gas or flutters for me, more like a fish swimming or doing a flip lol

Gosh it made me so excited I can't wait to meet him!

On a sad note my parents yorkie got hit by a 4 wheeler atv ... He is in critical condition and they are gonna wait 24 more hours to see how he improves .. We do know he will lose one eye but we are really praying he pulls through & lives. He is my Dads & my dad was sobbing and crying like I've never heard .. Heartbreaking for sure! Just hoping he stays stable & shows improvement today!

Awww that is a lovely post Krystal :cloud9: Gorgeous name.

I am so sorry to read about your parents dog, I hope he pulls through :hugs::hugs:

Thats sounds lovely Krystal. I really cant wait. I remember how amazing it was when I had my first scan so it will be great to see how much bubba has grown.

Sorry to hear about the yorkie :(

So sorry to hear about your parents yorkie! *fingers crossed*

I forgot to say - starting my gyming up again! Okay, I'm not actually going into the gym part of the building, but I went swimming for the first time in months. Suprised myself and managed 40 lengths (only a 16 metre pool tbh) without stopping. So 640m on my first day back and it felt GOOOOOOD, really good. Floating around I couldn't help but think; is that how babs feels in my belly?!

Giong to make my way back into Yoga too, and my gym run a pre-natal class on a Sunday - I'm a going to that bad boy! Not going to be doing any of the classes I used to love...booo...but going to give Aqua Aerobics a go tomorrow, so that should be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->