3rd c-section?

wannabump82

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pregnant with my third child (unplanned - found out on the morning of my appointment with the GP to get the pill).

I have had two previous C-sections so presuming I will have no choice but to have a third? I am in the UK if that makes any different.

My first C-section was great and I had no problems. The last C-section (3 ½ years ago) was also great but I had to have a drain in my stomach afterwards.

Also, for those that have had a third, will they cut the same scar?

Thanks ladies.

I think they do the same scar my sister-in-law had 3 C-sections and was cut on the same scar ... we live in South Africa though

I will be having my second one and Im nervous about it ... everyone says not to worry and it will be the same as my first ... first one was also easy ...

I know in SA they limit you to 3 C-sections ...

I'm worried also. I saw my midwife yesterday and one of her ladies is on her 7th c-section!

I'm about to have my third. My doctor told me he would remove my old scar and give me a new one.

I'm planning on a vaginal birth after 2 sections and been given the go ahead by consultant. I'm in UK. My last section they went through same scar xx

I think it's up to you. My friend had a successful vbac after 2 sections.. but at the same time there's no harm in playing it safe xx

I will be having my 3rd csection in 3 years. They used the same scar in the past and they are planning on using it again this time.

I had two c-sections in Germany and now pregnant with #3 in Australia. No one has told me I *have to* have another section. I would like to try a natural birth, but playing it by ear since I'm only 27 weeks and I have a history of small babies/baby being extremely stressed during labour, so I'm nervous to go through natural birth in case some of my previous issues come up again.

If you're considered a good candidate and you want a VBAC, just try to educate yourself as much as possible. I attended a class on 'next birth after c-section' at my hospital which was extremely informative (and I was already quite well-educated on the subject). Good luck!

PS. I was told in Germany they cut out my first scar when they cut me for the second baby.

I'm having my third csection as well. My dr isn't the least bit concerned as he said many patients of his have had over 4! However they always cut out the old scar, pull down the skin and give you a new scar. I've never heard of them going through the old scar?

I'll be having a third c section as well. I won't see a consultant until 34 weeks though so I assume he's not worried about anything.
Also, with my second they removed a lot the scar tissue after delivering my son and so ended up with just the one c section scar. I assume they'd do the same this time? Xx

I'm about to have my 3rd csection (4th baby), and last time they avoided cutting through the scar. My doctor said he will likely do the same thing as last time by avoiding the scar. I'm not sure what's better or why, but I think it means less time on the operating table if they can avoid cutting through the old scar tissue. Less bleeding as well I believe?
Definitely a question to ask your doctor, since they have different protocol in different countries.
I'm from Canada.

I'm planning on a vaginal birth after 2 sections and been given the go ahead by consultant. I'm in UK. My last section they went through same scar xx

I can see you're from Lancashire - I'm also from there so it may be that they won't rule a VBAC out. I see my Consultant on 6 June so I should know a bit more then.

Thank you all ladies :)

To think I was nervous as it was unplanned...now I'm all excited and dying to know what I'm having!

Here's my update. Just had my third csection a week ago and it knocked me right off my ass! My first 2 were a walk in the park but this one is something out of hell. Maybe it's me and my case but wow did I not expect the pain to be this bad upon recovery. Thank god for help bc I'm on day 8 and can barely walk.

Here's my update. Just had my third csection a week ago and it knocked me right off my ass! My first 2 were a walk in the park but this one is something out of hell. Maybe it's me and my case but wow did I not expect the pain to be this bad upon recovery. Thank god for help bc I'm on day 8 and can barely walk.

Sorry to hear that! Did you notice anything different? Did they cut the same scar?

Sorry to hear that! Did you notice anything different? Did they cut the same scar?

From what I know he cut out the old scar and recreated a new one. The pain though has nothing to do with the incision it's really the muscles/ ligaments that hurt like hell including my back. It's been 12 days and although I'm better the pain is still there. Car rides are rough and I still take one morphine at nighttime. I was quite shocked bc my first 2 were a joke..... My dr says the third is the worst bc it's the third time they cut the abdominal wall :(

I had my 3rd c-section 10 months ago.
for me they cut the same scar and tbh it healed quicker than the other 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->