4+1 and positive tests aren't super dark yet. *Update pg 4*

Isme

Reaction score
So I'm just 15dpo right now. I know it's early, and I'm not even sure I should be here, but I could just really use some insight.

I had a chemical pregnancy last year and I finally got pregnant again this month after one full year of trying. With my chemical pregnancy I didn't get the faintest hint of a line until 13dpo, and it never got much darker over the next couple of days before I started bleeding at 16dpo.

This time around I got my faint lines at 10dpo and I was hoping that was a good sign. The tests didn't get much darker until yesterday at 14dpo. Unfortunately, "darker" only means that they were clear and visible lines-- they still aren't blaring positives like I've seen other people get at 14dpo. The color strength of the test lines (early response Equate and $Tree New Choice) was about half that if the control line. I felt a little hopeful, though, so I took an EPT digital in the mid afternoon and got "Pregnant".

I wanted more of the tests I had been using so that I could accurately gauge progression, but the only thing my DH could get was a box of FRERs. I don't like them, as the line got on them at 10 and 11dpo was almost too faint to see, when I was getting more obvious (super faint) lines on other tests. But I figured that if I got a positive on a digital, then surely the FRER should be nice and dark at this point. Nope. I took one last night at 14dpo and another this morning and both were much lighter than I was hoping. The test line is about half as light as the control line, (though infinitely darker than it was 3-4 days ago).

The issue is that everyone else seems to get nice dark lines on FRER at this point. I can't find any info on someone who has a light positive at this point and went on to have a successful pregnancy. I'm also having some very noticeable AF-like cramping, which further worries me. I just really don't want this to be another chemical. :(

So, has anybody had a similar experience? What was the outcome?

I haven't had this experience but didn't want to read and run. Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed for a HH 9 months!!

I can't tell much about the outcome and I don't have cramping, so maybe our cases are completely different.

But I am 4+1 as well and my tests aren't as super dark as I've seen some of the girls on here have. But they've definitely progressed and they're clearly there, so I feel hopeful.
I too had a chemical in November, so this is always in the back of my mind as well. But for now all seems well and I'm having my fingers crossed it'll all be fine for you too :hugs:

And for reference, these are my tests from today, as you can see my test lines are still lighter than the control lines.
https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/Pink_schmetterlinq/15DPO_zpsnh2dbmwg.jpg

I hope this maybe gives you a bit of reassurance :hugs:

I haven't had this experience but didn't want to read and run. Please keep us posted. Fingers crossed for a HH 9 months!!

Thanks. :hugs:

I'm going to try to get in to see my doctor tomorrow. I'm really hoping that I'm just overreacting. :wacko: I just took some Tylenol a bit ago to help drown out the cramps because they are super stressing me out. I figure that if I can't feel them, then I can't stress. I still feel them, though, so that didn't work. :nope:

Thanks for sharing, Cupcake!

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one with lighter tests at this point. That absolutely helps. I really hope this turns out to be a sticky bean for both of us! :flower:

Not the exact same situation but wanted to share what happened to me with my tests this pregnancy. I had a faint positive on a FRER 9dpo. I had bought a box of 3 tests so figured I'd use the rest of the tests the next couple days and watch the line (hopefully) progress.

So, 10 dpo ( exact same time of the morning) I tested again. My FMU actually looked darker than the day before so I figured I'd have a great line. Nope. My line actually was lighter than the day before. So I had a good cry and just waited for my bHCG results from the day before. Dr. called and bHCG was 19.

Then 11dpo I used my final test. The line was still SUPER light, maybe darker than the day before but not by much and certainly not darker than 9dpos test. I had my next bHCG test but was going to have to wait for the next day to get the results. I desperately wanted to buy more tests and seriously POAS every hour I was so nervous but decided to just wait it out.

Finally, 12dpo and my 11dpo bHCG results come back at 56. So, everything was fine but obviously the tests were not good at detecting rising hcg. Next time, I'm just taking one test and leaving it at that it caused so much extra unnecessary stress and heartache!

hi, I dont know much about the strength of the line but i just wanted to comment on the AF type cramping. I had AF type cramping constantly from ovulation. Two weeks later I got my BFP and it continued until I was about 7weeks. The same with my last pregnancy so some times it can just be a symptom. Fingers crossed for sticky beans hun x x x

I didn't have very dark lines either.
With my first (the 2 tests, which were at 3+6) I had light lines and was convinced I was getting my period before testing as I kept cramping and felt exactly like AF.

I didn't have any cramps with my 2nd, though did bleed early on which had me terrified after an early miscarriage a few months before. As you can tell, those lines weren't all that dark either =)

Don't have any pics of my 3rd but they were similar.

Attachments

• 1936408_218294455013_3484276_n.jpg
    1936408_218294455013_3484276_n.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 479825_10151422052375014_1078119404_n.jpg
    479825_10151422052375014_1078119404_n.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 10
I think a line is a line and there is no point stressing yourself at this stage.
A lot depends on the brand and a series .

Also, light period crams at this stage is normal. If there is no blood, just try to relax - its all ok.

:hugs:

I had similar this time round, this is my 5th pregnancy due to 3 previous losses, so I'm pretty much constantly worried anyway. But I seriously didn't think things were going to go well this time when I didn't even get any kind of visible BFP until 13dpo, when they've always been from 9 or 10dpo before. I've always had lines darker than control by 14dpo before, but this time I was still getting tests lighter than control at 16/17dpo. I've ended up having three scans so far due to my history and even had two bleeds, but all seems to be going well, I'm still measuring on track and baby looks fine with a heartbeat each time. So as hard as it seems, we really shouldn't put so much hope in whatever those lines show. I've had what I considered perfect progression and ended up miscarrying a few weeks later, so it doesn't seem to help either way.
Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine for you.
Also AF type cramps are normal, I've had them this time from BFP right up until 8 weeks.

FarfromHome- that sounds like the same issue with I had with my FRERs only move the days up by one. I am not impressed with these new "comfort grip" tests. In any case, I appreciate that you shared your story. It is comforting to hear of someone successfully carrying on with their pregnancy after lighter tests.

My test lines never got as dark as the control with this pregnancy, they were by 11dpo with my son, I think I took my last FRER at 19dpo for this baby. Pregnancy is going very well! Just had my anatomy scan at 21 weeks and she's kicking me right now.

hi, I dont know much about the strength of the line but i just wanted to comment on the AF type cramping. I had AF type cramping constantly from ovulation. Two weeks later I got my BFP and it continued until I was about 7weeks. The same with my last pregnancy so some times it can just be a symptom. Fingers crossed for sticky beans hun x x x

Thank you for sharing! That is definitely good to hear. The cramping was pretty intense today and it was so hard not to worry.

I didn't have very dark lines either.
With my first (the 2 tests, which were at 3+6) I had light lines and was convinced I was getting my period before testing as I kept cramping and felt exactly like AF.

I didn't have any cramps with my 2nd, though did bleed early on which had me terrified after an early miscarriage a few months before. As you can tell, those lines weren't all that dark either =)

Don't have any pics of my 3rd but they were similar.

Thanks! The pictures really help. These really feel like AF cramps, so hearing how things turned out for you is great. :)

I think a line is a line and there is no point stressing yourself at this stage.
A lot depends on the brand and a series .

Also, light period crams at this stage is normal. If there is no blood, just try to relax - its all ok.

:hugs:
Sure, a line is a line, but I think we all know there is at least something to the idea of progression and correlating HCG rises. I guess I'm just bummed because I was really hoping that when I got pregnant again (after my CP) that it would just be clear and obvious like I've seen with so many other women. I wasn't trying with my first two children, so the whole early testing and week 4-6 limbo is not something I've experienced before. I have to say, I'm not really enjoying it... lol

There has been no bleeding, though. It is comforting to hear that if that's the case, then the cramping can be normal. I will try to relax. It is very hard, but there is little I can do to help things along anyway... and stressing certainly isn't going to improve my situation.

I had similar this time round, this is my 5th pregnancy due to 3 previous losses, so I'm pretty much constantly worried anyway. But I seriously didn't think things were going to go well this time when I didn't even get any kind of visible BFP until 13dpo, when they've always been from 9 or 10dpo before. I've always had lines darker than control by 14dpo before, but this time I was still getting tests lighter than control at 16/17dpo. I've ended up having three scans so far due to my history and even had two bleeds, but all seems to be going well, I'm still measuring on track and baby looks fine with a heartbeat each time. So as hard as it seems, we really shouldn't put so much hope in whatever those lines show. I've had what I considered perfect progression and ended up miscarrying a few weeks later, so it doesn't seem to help either way.
Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine for you.
Also AF type cramps are normal, I've had them this time from BFP right up until 8 weeks.

Thank you so much for sharing! Your story has given me a bit of relief. I hope you continue to have a happy and healthy nine months. :flower:

Hello! :wave:
First congratulations!
In all of my pregnancies (except this one ) my test line was never as dark as the control.
this time at 5+2 i got a test line darker than the control line <3 try not to stress. i had mild twinges this time around at 4-5 weeks .. i know its easier said than done but today you are pregnant <3 take it one day at a time. wishing you a happy healthy 9 months.

My test lines never got as dark as the control with this pregnancy, they were by 11dpo with my son, I think I took my last FRER at 19dpo for this baby. Pregnancy is going very well! Just had my anatomy scan at 21 weeks and she's kicking me right now.

That is great to hear, Minties! It's so hard not to compare my tests to everyone else's because I don't have my own early pregnancy experience to compare it with. (I was at least 6-7 weeks with both if my girls when I found out.) I'm glad to hear that even within the same person there can be such a wide variation of normal. Congratulations on your little girl!

Hello! :wave:
First congratulations!
In all of my pregnancies (except this one ) my test line was never as dark as the control.
this time at 5+2 i got a test line darker than the control line <3 try not to stress. i had mild twinges this time around at 4-5 weeks .. i know its easier said than done but today you are pregnant <3 take it one day at a time. wishing you a happy healthy 9 months.
Thank you. :hugs: That's a great perspective. One day at a time. For now I am still pregnant, and I am grateful. :)

Hi Isme!

I didn't realise that you had moved over as well! Congratulations! We are almost exactly the same date as well, I'm currently 4 plus 2. You were so supportive to me when I had given up hope at the beginning of the year.

I don't have much experience really, but with both this and my last pregnancy I only ever got faint lines that you could only see if you held the test up to the light. Last time was a FRER at 4 plus 1 and this time with a clear blue at 3 plus 4 (I have a short cycle). Both times however I have got a positive result on a Clear Blue digital on the same day. Normal line test just don't seem to work for me.

I hope that everything is ok. Cramping is always disconcerting on the early stages, but I think quite usual x

My test at 4+1 was such a barely-there squinter (on a flat FRER too) that I assumed evap. At 4+2 it was still incredibly light, like some ladies get at 9-10 dpo. I'm now 18 weeks with a squirmy healthy baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->