4 days of positive OPK? Pretty sure I'm 2DPO..

thehazelbee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 90% sure I ovulated two days ago on 8/10. I had a weak negative/weak positive opk test as well as a flashy smiley face with FMU 8/9 and again at 10 am (I use both the digital tests and strips), then strong positive opks and a solid smiley face at 2 pm. I had 6 days of EWCM leading up to 8/10. My BBT dipped half a degree on 8/10, and I had crystal clear and super stretchy CM that day, as well as mild cramping and twinging. I had my IUI at noon. My BBT was .5 higher the next morning, and another .5 higher this morning (2DPO). My CM turned to sticky/opaque on 8/11, so I'm pretty dang sure I O'd on the 10th, Monday.

I had leftover opk sticks from this cycle and out of curiousity used them yesterday and today. Both were super positive still :( What does this mean? Usually the opks are positive for 2 days and then the line gets lighter again. My cycles are fairly regular, and I usually O on cd14 or cd15 (cd15 this cycle), followed by BBT spike 1 or 2dpo. I'm still breastfeeding my daughter, but very little - once every other day. My LP has been gradually increasing in length as I wean (from 10 to 12 days). Based on my two previous pregnancies (one ended in mc), I think I'm an "early implanter" - with my daughter, I had a positive HPT less than a week after ovulating.

Has anyone else gotten positive opks after ovulating? Maybe I didn't actually ovulate, despite the BBT rise? Maybe this is why they say not to test after you get your first positive...so confusing!! It feels way too early to try a HPT...

I've had several days of +opks a few times.
Bute my temp spike and cm is usually what narrows it down, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Trust your body's signals. You may have just had a long surge, but the fertile cm and IUI both seem well timed. Not to mention, by doing an IUI you saved the sperm half their battle of fighting thru the cervix, which is where many are lost ( I read most die if not through in 30 mins!)
:dust: and FX for you!

I hope so! Do you remember if your temp and cm lined up with the beginning or end of your LH surge?

It varies last cycle I had 4 +opks and O'd the day after the last (pic below) BUT I knew the first few were not likely right because I have O'd near cd13 all my life, and you can see the temp shift was cd12.
FFChart715.jpg
On my 2010 bfp with DS I only got 2 +opks and O'd on the same day as the first opk ( neg opk day before)
2010BFP.jpg
Again I would go with ehat your body tells you, and keep in mind NOT everyone has a huge temp shift right away. Some ladies have a slow rise after O. Also, with IUI you ensured a WHOLE lot more swimmers are in there ready and undamaged. They can get up in the tubes very quickly.
When they have to go thru the cervix, it greatly slows them down.
So even if you O on the 3rd day of +opk you would have plenty of them waiting right there to jump the egg.
You skipped the battle they have thru cervix but here's a quote from a medical study-"The sperm swim in a straightforward direction along parallel rows of the invisible microscopic molecular structure of the mucus. Once this invasion of the cervical mucus has been established, sperm can reach the fallopian tubes in about thirty minutes."
Sounds like you timed it all very well!
Here's a link to a VERY detailed study from The Infertility Center of St Louis:
https://www.infertile.com/get-pregnant-ch-1-natural-pregnancy/

Fingers crossed they are still in there waiting! I'm using a donor, so the sperm are frozen - I've read that they can't live as long as fresh sperm, with a max of 24 hours. I'm hoping if I happened to O yesterday, day after IUI, some would hopefully still be hanging around. Thank you for your reply - very helpful!!

From what I have read - As soon as you see a positive ovulation test (surge, smiley face, etc.) then you don't need to continue testing. It doesnt matter how long the surge lasts, you count the first day of the positive test as your surge day (usually ovulation occurs 24-36 hours AFTER the positive ovulation test). So usually what I do is since I know I usually surge around day 17 of my cycle I start testing around cd16 to see if anything shows. Once I see the surge on the strips I mark my calendar for a day after as O day. That day can obviously vary, but it helps you get a better idea of what is going on.

I also temp, which is effective if you use a basal body themometer (more sensitive than a regular thermometer) since you can see when your temperature starts to rise during ovulation and also (apparently) during pregnancy. If your bbt is high for 18 days straight then you should be pregnant.

Do a little reading online - there is a TON of information out there!

I agree Hazel, with donors you need to try and time it closer. I am using a fresh donor (lol like your donor is standing in the freezer aisle)
TheDish - I am one that tends to O diff with opks, so I have to back them up with other things like, temp, ferning, cm etc.
Especially as I typically can only meet my donor once the whole month...I def gotta try to time it right.
:sigh: that's the only thing I miss about having a baby with a SO..:spermy: on tap :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->