• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

He told me I was almost guaranteed a pregnancy using Donor Eggs. I think it might be all about his success rates and stats. That is why he pushes them.

Hun, I really think your dr is so wrong telling you this. Obviously if it is your eggs that are the problem, then DE may be a way forward but to say you are pretty much def gonna get pg with DE.... If it were that easy, surely we'd all be doing it????? Even with 'perfect' eggs, sadly there are no guarantees. This has actually made me quite cross!

I don't know what relationship you have with him and how much you trust him, but I would def get a 2nd opinion.

I'm glad that dh is being supportive. :hug:

Robin, I can't imagine what you must be going through. There is no harm in getting a 2nd opinion. I agree with Mrs G. Why would it be guaranteed when you use DE? I'm gonna keep you in my prayers hon. :hug:

hi girls,

Robin - sending you lots of :hug::hug::hug:hunni - i would get a second opinion too just to be sure - but if you have to turn to DE - it seems like there isnt too much of a wait which is good news - DE over here has a huge waiting list - we're here for you whatever you decide.

Akcher - good luck for scan tomorrow hun - keep us posted.

mendy and Tanya - good luck with the egg collections - sooooooo excited for you both - please update us as soon as you can.

Mrs G :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:hope time going speedy.

My good news is that my cat turned up this morning :happydance::happydance::happydance:- i have dreamt about him coming home every night since he dissapeared and it was really strange cos he woke me up at 8.00 by coming into our bedroom and howling - and i couldn't quite work out whether I was dreaming or not! Anyway - he has lost some weight and is a bit dusty and v thirsty - but otherwise is back to his old self. just soooooo relieved. As we were walking the streets taking down the mising cat posters an old man a few doors down from us - who hadnt answered his door when I had been doing house calls - said that he thought my cat had been stuck in his house as he had heard strange noises the last few days - and that he had been leaving his door open to get him to leave - so looks like thats where he has been.
Sooooooo happy - I have my family back! whatever happens from here on in with the IVF - I can take it - I am just so grateful to have him home.
:hug::hug::hug:to everyone,

Bx x x

hi girls

hope u r all well

I have scan tomorrow to see follies and schedule EC which I am sure will be Tuesday as I feel like my ovaries are about to pop :rofl: I have so much EWCM and I am worried I am going to O before egg collection.. imagine that...:dohh:

Lets hope eggies stay put and FS did not leave it too long..

have my appt at 11.15 tomorrow, then acupuncture at 12.30 so will mail when i am home

love to u all and hope u r are all well

p.s. Beckic - so glad your kitty came home and good luck Mendy for tomorrow

xxx:hugs:

Glad your kitty came home Beckic!

Good luck for your scan akcher!

Tanya- Good luck with the scan, I too noticed a high amount of EWCM the last couple of days and was thinking the exact same thing. But I had my appt yesterday and all the follies are still there. LOL. It's all in our heads I think! :) Update us on your scan when you get a chance!

rbaker- :hug: hon. We are here to support you, no matter what u decide.

So my appointment went well yesterday. He said he will prob retrieve about 20 eggs but only 12 are mature enough to do ICSI on. I was surprise to hear 20, I didn't expect that many. I had my trigger shot last night at 9:30 pm and egg retrieval is at 8:30 am tomorrow! Wow, the time is finally here!

Good luck to everyone!

hi girls,

Robin - sending you lots of :hug::hug::hug:hunni - i would get a second opinion too just to be sure - but if you have to turn to DE - it seems like there isnt too much of a wait which is good news - DE over here has a huge waiting list - we're here for you whatever you decide.

Akcher - good luck for scan tomorrow hun - keep us posted.

mendy and Tanya - good luck with the egg collections - sooooooo excited for you both - please update us as soon as you can.

Mrs G :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:hope time going speedy.

My good news is that my cat turned up this morning :happydance::happydance::happydance:- i have dreamt about him coming home every night since he dissapeared and it was really strange cos he woke me up at 8.00 by coming into our bedroom and howling - and i couldn't quite work out whether I was dreaming or not! Anyway - he has lost some weight and is a bit dusty and v thirsty - but otherwise is back to his old self. just soooooo relieved. As we were walking the streets taking down the mising cat posters an old man a few doors down from us - who hadnt answered his door when I had been doing house calls - said that he thought my cat had been stuck in his house as he had heard strange noises the last few days - and that he had been leaving his door open to get him to leave - so looks like thats where he has been.
Sooooooo happy - I have my family back! whatever happens from here on in with the IVF - I can take it - I am just so grateful to have him home.
:hug::hug::hug:to everyone,

Bx x x

YYAAYYY! so pleased he came home!! What a relief! Now you can concentrate on extending your family a bit more......

xx

Beckic so happy for you that your cat showed up. My cat went mi5 ssing in January this year so we thought but as it turned out she had been locked in the guest room for over a week. I was soooooo glad that she was ok and glad yours has made it home as well.

Tanya & Mendy good luck on your EC this week. I too noticed lots of EWCM before they did the collection. There is another lady I know that did IVF and she did ovulate some of her eggs prior to collection but there was still some there to collect. Scary though!

Akcher good luck with your scan. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Well my DH and I have decided to proceed with the DE program although we are going to seek out a second opinion as well. I was very uncomfortable how the FS pushed the DE program so heavily to us. After looking at his stats he does have a 60% success rate with DE but that leaves 40% that don't get pg so definitely not a guarantee for sure. I truly appreciate all the support, not sure I could have made it through this without.

I have also developed OHSS without really even realizing what it was just knew I was in a lot of pain and miserable with all the bloating. So I finally called and they told me what it was. I dont know why they didn't warn me of this prior to the EC.

Beckic so happy for you that your cat showed up. My cat went mi5 ssing in January this year so we thought but as it turned out she had been locked in the guest room for over a week. I was soooooo glad that she was ok and glad yours has made it home as well.

Tanya & Mendy good luck on your EC this week. I too noticed lots of EWCM before they did the collection. There is another lady I know that did IVF and she did ovulate some of her eggs prior to collection but there was still some there to collect. Scary though!

Akcher good luck with your scan. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Well my DH and I have decided to proceed with the DE program although we are going to seek out a second opinion as well. I was very uncomfortable how the FS pushed the DE program so heavily to us. After looking at his stats he does have a 60% success rate with DE but that leaves 40% that don't get pg so definitely not a guarantee for sure. I truly appreciate all the support, not sure I could have made it through this without.

I have also developed OHSS without really even realizing what it was just knew I was in a lot of pain and miserable with all the bloating. So I finally called and they told me what it was. I dont know why they didn't warn me of this prior to the EC.

glad you have come to a decision hun! Fingers crossed it works for u! Sounds like a good chance honey!

I am sorry u had OHSS... they should have warned u...

I am convinced I ovulated last nite and woke up this morning and cant go back to sleep. I have my scan today at 11.15 but why has my FS not been monitoring me more - the last scan I had was last tuesday.. almost a week ago.. and today is CD 12.. I really hope the eggies stay put or this will have all been for nothing and then I will be really :hissy: waste of money and putting my body thru this..will let u know later

I really hope not.. just feel anxious this morning... :hissy:

Good luck girls:hugs:

Good luck with the EC Mendy and Tanya! You will worry about Oing before it, I know I did last year but hopefully it will be worry for nothing!

Robin - when will the DE cycle be then?

Mrs G are you injecting yet?

Bec - told you how thrilled I am hon, fingers crossed for tomorrow and text me as soon as you know something. - Many many many kisses!

Truckloads of baby dust to everyone.

Oh Robin - cant believe you have OHSS on top of this - but 60% success sounds good hun - did they say when you could start? I know you need to heal from this cycle first - but I find its always good to have a goal / date to work towards. Hope you are getting lots of rest and DH waiting on you hand and foot!

Mendy - any news yet hun - thinking of you today.

Tanya - crossing eveyrthing that eggies still in the right place - i only get a scan on day 9 and day 12 so i think its pretty much the standard protocol - and I am sure they know what they are doing - they dont want to take any chances of loosing the eggs either I am sure of it. :hug::hug::hug:hunni - and please let us know as soon as you can after the scan.

MissAma - nice to have you dropping in here hunni - will definitely text you tomorrow - fingers crossed its wth happy news. Hope you are having a fab monday.

Akcher - hope the scan went well hunni - so much going on for us June girls today - sending you lots of babydust.

MrsG - thankyou for being so lovely re my cat - and sorry I hijaked a TTC board with my own pet related stresses!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:to everyone,

Bx x x

hi all - I am back from scan.. looks like all eggies still there... but I have to phone tonite at 8pm for blood results to make sure I did not ovulate but she says its looks like they are all there!

I have about 20 follicles !! she thinks about 7 - 13 mature eggs :happydance:

So egg collection is on Wednesday afternoon... once I get confirmation on the go ahead tonite i will be told when to do trigger shot

so so far so good. FS is very pleased I responded so well.. so fx all fine with blood tests..

Thanks for all your support girls

Mendy - hope your EC went ok
Beckic - so glad your kitty is home and you can look forward to your IVF
RBaker - hope u r ok.. thinking of u
Mrs G - not long for u now :happydance:
Akcher - hope u and bubs are well

And Miss Ama - thanks for popping in :hugs:

I will update u girls later tonite on what FS says.. getting excited now...

Was also given the invoice to pay by tomorrow which is 6300 swiss francs which is about 3150 pounds! eeek... oh well... at least it was less than we expected... we managed to save some money on meds

Take care girls..:hug::hugs:

Yeah Tanya for not Oing yet. That is great news. Wow 7 - 13 mature eggs!!!! That is great as well. I have my fingers crossed for you.

As for me and the DE Cycle - looks like we are planning for August at this point. It will be a lot of additional cost so we need to save a little first. I think we can accomplish that and the physical healing part by then. We have actually already picked 2 donors and just depends on which one is available then as to who we use. I will keep you ladies updated.

Yeah Tanya for not Oing yet. That is great news. Wow 7 - 13 mature eggs!!!! That is great as well. I have my fingers crossed for you.

As for me and the DE Cycle - looks like we are planning for August at this point. It will be a lot of additional cost so we need to save a little first. I think we can accomplish that and the physical healing part by then. We have actually already picked 2 donors and just depends on which one is available then as to who we use. I will keep you ladies updated.

great great news hun! so excited for u xxxx:hug::hugs:

Robin - Very exciting on the DE. 60% is very good stats. Aug will be here in no time.

Tanya - Good news on not Oving. FX for you on Wed!

Mendy - How did the EC go? Hope you got lots of eggies!

Beckic - So happy that Kitty came home! Now you can focus on getting preggers!

My 4th of July was great. The whole family came over, had good food and set off fireworks. Then we walked down the street and saw fireworks throughout the whole city. It was beautiful.

Scan news...TWINS!!! Twin A was very clear and I saw and heard the heartbeat. Twin B was not so clear because it was in the back. But we still saw and heard the heartbeat. I got pictures of both. Wow, still in shock.

WOW - congrats on the twins Akcher!!! fab fab news!!!!

:hug::hugs:

Bloomin hell - am reading this on train and was grinning like a lutic cos tanya got 20 follies and then screamed out loud when saw akcher has twins. Everyone on train now think I am crazy.
Welldone girls.
B

OMG!! So much happening here!!

Akcher - twins YAY!! I'd like twins (I think!!) :happydance:
Tanya - fab news about follies. Wed is not far away.:hugs:
rbaker - pleased you're getting some info hun, how do you feel about it all now?? :hugs:
missama - I'm not starting inj for a while yet, couple of weeks til :witch: arrives then will start on cd21. I'm just gatecrashing this thread really!! Everyone will have disappeared with their :bfp: by the time I catch up!!

Any news from Mendy yet???

Big :hug: to all

Kath xx

Robin - Very exciting on the DE. 60% is very good stats. Aug will be here in no time.

Tanya - Good news on not Oving. FX for you on Wed!

Mendy - How did the EC go? Hope you got lots of eggies!

Beckic - So happy that Kitty came home! Now you can focus on getting preggers!

My 4th of July was great. The whole family came over, had good food and set off fireworks. Then we walked down the street and saw fireworks throughout the whole city. It was beautiful.

Scan news...TWINS!!! Twin A was very clear and I saw and heard the heartbeat. Twin B was not so clear because it was in the back. But we still saw and heard the heartbeat. I got pictures of both. Wow, still in shock.

Congrats!! Welcome to the twins club!!!

First off, congrats akcher!!! TWINS!!! You must be on :cloud9:!!!

Okay, sorry I didn't update as soon as I got home, I was groggy and sleepy all day and just got up for some dinner and got on here.

So EC went well, the Dr collected 15 eggs! That's a pretty good number, I think! Tomorrow he will call me with the fertilization report to see how many fertilized and he will keep an eye on them to see if ET will be on Thurs or Saturday.
Other than that, I'm a bit crampy and sore down there, but Tylenol is helping me along.

Thanks ladies, for all the well wishes, I really appreciate it!

:hug:

Thanks girls, we are definately in shock.

Mendy - Great news on the EC! I got 15 eggs too. Are you doing ICSI? Did you do day 3 or 5 last time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->