• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

First off, congrats akcher!!! TWINS!!! You must be on :cloud9:!!!

Okay, sorry I didn't update as soon as I got home, I was groggy and sleepy all day and just got up for some dinner and got on here.

So EC went well, the Dr collected 15 eggs! That's a pretty good number, I think! Tomorrow he will call me with the fertilization report to see how many fertilized and he will keep an eye on them to see if ET will be on Thurs or Saturday.
Other than that, I'm a bit crampy and sore down there, but Tylenol is helping me along.

Thanks ladies, for all the well wishes, I really appreciate it!

:hug:

so glad all went well honey and yay for 15 eggs!!! :happydance::happydance: FX for good fertilization :happydance::hug:

Mendy - 15 is brilliant hunni - any news yet on fert. rate? Hope you are managing to get through the day.

Tanya - how you feeling today hun - not long to go now!!

Robin - so glad that you have a plan - August is seconds away.

MrsG - we wont have dissppeared - we'll be here for you.

Akcher - still in shock with your news - soooo excited for you - I am a twin myself and I love it - its like having a ready-made best friend.

As for me - had my day 9 scan this morning - left ovary has three 10mm follies and right has 2 10mm - with a further three smaller ones. Its not brilliant numbers but its not zero - AND the Dr said they were pleased that they were all the same size so that they will grow evenly - which is good. Have to go back for another scan Friday morning and then they reckon EC next Tuesday or Wednesday - I had expected Monday really - but a few more days is nothing. God its all happening now!!!

:hug::hug::hug:

bx x

Great news Beckic!!

I am feeling a little less sore today.. feeling paranoid again that I ovulated but I hope not or I will :hissy: I had HSG injection last nite at 2am and EC is tomorrow at 2pm.. 36 hours after HSG Trigger shot. Feeling a bit nervous... also a bit "what is this done not work feeling" and all the money down the drain.. transferred 6400 swiss francs today which is about 3200 pounds.. could go on a nice holiday to maldives for that so it better work :rofl: jokes aside I hope it is money well spent.. not sure how many more we can afford... hoping to have some frosties to freeze so if this does not work we can do a FET.

I cant eat anything from 7am tomorrow so that is going to be crap as I cant eat for 5 hours before EC. and I get low blood sugar if I dont eat regulary so I know I will most likely be quite shaky but lets hope nerves take over and i dont want to eat.. will try and eat brekkies.

Will update u hopefully tomorrow when i am home and if i am up to typing on laptop.. otherwise thursday

love to all

xxxx:hug:

Mendy - great news on all of your eggs retrieved. That is a very good number indeed.

Tanya - good luck with your EC tomorrow I am keeping my fingers crossed that you have good results as well.

Beckic - your getting so close now and I hope your follies continue to grow and give you very good eggs to fertilize. As they say it is quality not quantity.

Akcher - WOW!!!! Twins!! How great is that. I hope all continues to grow and be healthy for you.

As for me the OHSS has subsided a little so that is good at least. DH and I are still looking at our options, we have already spent so much money on IVF and IUI and all the other fertility treatments, I just don't know how much more we can do. The expense is really getting to us not to mention the mental stress of what if it doesn't work. The DE will be an additional 7500 on top of the regular cost for IVF/ICSI cycle. I am emotionally not sure I can quit but financially it is what we should do. It is just all so sad and emotional. :hissy::hissy:

Mendy - great news on all of your eggs retrieved. That is a very good number indeed.

Tanya - good luck with your EC tomorrow I am keeping my fingers crossed that you have good results as well.

Beckic - your getting so close now and I hope your follies continue to grow and give you very good eggs to fertilize. As they say it is quality not quantity.

Akcher - WOW!!!! Twins!! How great is that. I hope all continues to grow and be healthy for you.

As for me the OHSS has subsided a little so that is good at least. DH and I are still looking at our options, we have already spent so much money on IVF and IUI and all the other fertility treatments, I just don't know how much more we can do. The expense is really getting to us not to mention the mental stress of what if it doesn't work. The DE will be an additional 7500 on top of the regular cost for IVF/ICSI cycle. I am emotionally not sure I can quit but financially it is what we should do. It is just all so sad and emotional. :hissy::hissy:

Oh honey.. I am so sorry.... the DE is so expensive.... i hope u make a decision that you are happy with.. have u ever thought about adoption as another option.. i know its not for everyone but that is one of our options we are also looking at

good luck hun

xxx:hug:

I've been wondering, if the eggs are "donated" why in the world are they so expensive?? It's so wacked that the doctor is making so much from it. I would donate mine too if they were free for the right couple. If the doctor is going to make a ton of money from it, I don't see the point. :(

I've been wondering, if the eggs are "donated" why in the world are they so expensive?? It's so wacked that the doctor is making so much from it. I would donate mine too if they were free for the right couple. If the doctor is going to make a ton of money from it, I don't see the point. :(

I agree!!

The expense supposedly comes from I would pay for the medication and expenses for the Egg Donor + a fee for donating. Since we would be doing a shared cycle we share that cost with another couple. If we took all of the eggs it would be over 10000.00. The Donor themselves is paid a fee of 7800.00 per cycle. So that is the biggest expense. So in addition to all of my visits and medications I would cover them as well. The thing is my insurance will cover me but will not cover the donor of course. Making it extra expensive. According to the Dr. he doesn't make any more from a DE cycle than a normal cycle. Although I am not sure I believe them.

Tanya - We have considered adoption although it is still very expensive here unless you want to take on an older child that has issues. A lot of adoptions here are leaning toward the open adoption process and that just doesn't really appeal to me. Selfish I guess just not sure how I would handle that situation.

(Sorry - i had written this whilst you were writing Robin.....please ignore if not relevant anymore....)

I dont think you are paying for the eggs girls - you are paying for the cost of the drugs / egg collection procedure of the donor - so i presume the dr doesn't make money from it - just their general markup - but god that is horrendously expensive.

I am so sorry Robin that you are going through this - it is so shit and you dont deserve it. It is so sad and I wish there was something I could do to make it better for you. :cry:

Cos DH and I have been diagnosed unexplained - i am still so worried that they will find something out during the IVF as to why it hasnt happened for us - and my main worry at the mo is that it is the quality of my eggs.
DH and I have talked about what we would do if it was my eggs - cos we couldn't afford donor eggs and it is such a long waiting list here - we agreed we would have a big holiday - look at moving abroad for a couple of years and then move onto adoption. I would rather not have to do it - but I am glad we have a back up plan. Adoption is certainly not an easy option - I know a couple who have been going through the process now for three years - but after all us girls on here have been through - its just another road in a long journey!!
Life is so cruel - but you are doing so well hunni - you have to be selfish right now and do what you feel is right - if you would regret not giving the DE a go and you can find the money then I say do it - cos then you can never look back and say 'what if' - but its such a hard decision sweetie and you and DH need to give yourselves time to think it through when the pain of this cycle and everything that has happened over the last few days has subsided a little.:hugs:

tanya - will be thinking of you tomorrow hun - update us when you can - we'll be here for you.

Mendy - :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Bx x x

The expense supposedly comes from I would pay for the medication and expenses for the Egg Donor + a fee for donating. Since we would be doing a shared cycle we share that cost with another couple. If we took all of the eggs it would be over 10000.00. The Donor themselves is paid a fee of 7800.00 per cycle. So that is the biggest expense. So in addition to all of my visits and medications I would cover them as well. The thing is my insurance will cover me but will not cover the donor of course. Making it extra expensive. According to the Dr. he doesn't make any more from a DE cycle than a normal cycle. Although I am not sure I believe them.

Tanya - We have considered adoption although it is still very expensive here unless you want to take on an older child that has issues. A lot of adoptions here are leaning toward the open adoption process and that just doesn't really appeal to me. Selfish I guess just not sure how I would handle that situation.

:hugs:

Ah I understand. You are paying for a whole (or partial) IVF treatment for the donor. Maybe I was thinking of left over embryos that a couple wants to donate.

They usually aren't donated. In fact, I looked into it during my cycle to defray the cost. They have to pay the donors for their stim cycle basically. Usually a donor is doing the cycle because you picked them from a list and are therefore stimming just for you.

Can you not find anyone though that has frosties that won't be used?

Well no fertility report yet ladies. Waiting to hear from Dr, but he tends to call later in the evening, so I am trying to be verrryyy patient! LOL!

I have 2 frozen embies from last cycle, which are graded BB. They are not excellent, but they are still good. Progesterone oil shot went well last night, and I'm still feeling sore around the ovary area.

Okay, I am off to dinner, I will update as soon as I hear from the Doctor.

Tanya- good luck, can't wait to hear how it went!

Just posted in my journal but wanted to update here.

I am such an idiot! I went to dinner and turned the volume down on my phone, the Dr didn't call through dinner, so I put the phone in my bag, and totally missed my Dr's call when he did call later on! So his message just said he was calling to check up on me to see how I was doing after EC, and he would call me tomorrow to tell me how the embryos were doing. I wanted to know at least how many of the 15 were mature since I didn't get that info yesterday!

So I called him back when I saw his missed call and he didn't answer....it's too late now anyway! :hissy::hissy: Sooo mad at myself!

Well, all I can do is wait, and the news better be worth it if I'm waiting this long!:rofl:

Ah I understand. You are paying for a whole (or partial) IVF treatment for the donor. Maybe I was thinking of left over embryos that a couple wants to donate.

I also thought they were donated.. i.e. if I had to many I could donate some of mine but does not seem to work that way.... if I had extras I was looking at donating.... but I just saw here in switzerland - egg donation is banned - stupid!

:hug::hugs:

I am back from EC!!!:happydance:

We got 9 mature eggs so am happy with that (even tho i thought i would have more with 20 follies, but the rest were not mature I guess) and now we have to see how many fertilise... they will fertilise them today and then I go for embryo transfer on Friday

Feeling a bit down cause they are doing a 2 day transfer and I really wanted a 3 day or blastocyte (5 day_ but my doc does not think there is a difference but with all my googling i know there is.. oh well. guess i have to go with what she says.. feeling suddenly very down but could be from anaesthesia.:cry:

The procedure itself was no problem and I LOVED the sedation.. i was out cold and felt like i had a 8 hour sleep when i woke up.

Not too much pain now but i know it will come.

I must phone tomorrow at 8pm to see how many fertilised. Friday I will be PUPO

Thanks for all your support girls

love to all

I am back from EC!!!:happydance:

We got 9 mature eggs so am happy with that (even tho i thought i would have more with 20 follies, but the rest were not mature I guess) and now we have to see how many fertilise... they will fertilise them today and then I go for embryo transfer on Friday

Feeling a bit down cause they are doing a 2 day transfer and I really wanted a 3 day or blastocyte (5 day_ but my doc does not think there is a difference but with all my googling i know there is.. oh well. guess i have to go with what she says.. feeling suddenly very down but could be from anaesthesia.:cry:

The procedure itself was no problem and I LOVED the sedation.. i was out cold and felt like i had a 8 hour sleep when i woke up.

Not too much pain now but i know it will come.

I must phone tomorrow at 8pm to see how many fertilised. Friday I will be PUPO

Thanks for all your support girls

love to all

latestarter felt the same way as you did. She really wanted a 5 day and she had tons of embryos still dividing at 3 days. Her doctor told her there wasn't a difference and a 3 day would be fine. Anyway, she was really stressed and worried about it. But, she's now pregnant!!! So, it does still work with 2 days and 3 days. Try not to get discouraged. :hug:

Tanya & Mendy so excited for you! How many are you going to transfer?

I didn't realise there were different days to do ET...... :dohh: My clinic does EC on Wed and ET on Friday, I guess this is the same as yours Tanya (2 days)? Is this not good?????

xx

I didn't realise there were different days to do ET...... :dohh: My clinic does EC on Wed and ET on Friday, I guess this is the same as yours Tanya (2 days)? Is this not good?????

xx

The short of the theory is that if you wait until day 5 (blastocytes) there aren't as many embryos left because the ones with problems have died off and therefore what is left are better contenders. However, day 3s have a high success rate as well and often you will have some to freeze if you do a day 3 transfer. (ie. Day 3 we had 8 still going strong, by day 5 we only had 3)There are so many theories out there though. Usually, they will let you transfer more on a day 3. I was told by my clinic that transfering 3 on day 3 has the same success rate as transfering 2 on day 5. So, my clinic likes to do day 5 because it decreases their chance of higher order multiples. Hope this sort of makes sense. It's really just all theory and I honestly would trust what your clinic is choosing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->