4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Happy New Year ladies! Hoping and praying that 2010 will bring you all your long awaited BFP's! :hugs::hugs:

Welcome to the thread Muncho!

Breeze, time has just flown by and I can't believe it myself. Its a very weird feeling that I could be pregnant this time in 2 weeks!!

I am awake and stressing at 5am. I have my next scan on Monday and am currently supposed to be working then. I need to try and swap my shift between now and Monday but feel a bit panicky that I might not be able to swap.

I made the mistake of telling my manager that I am having IVF and she is not very empathetic, let alone supportive. I wish now that I had not told her.

I need the monday off for the scan then am also supposed to be working on weds too. However, the clinic has advised me to take time off over egg collection (which is hopfully weds) and transfer because of the job I do. I am on my feet constantly and don't really get proper meal breaks and time to drink/go to the loo, (Welcome to life working in the NHS)!!!

The nurse said that after the EC the follicles will fill with water and that it is very important to be able to drink plenty. She said to take the week off to cover EC and transfer then to see how I feel. To be honest I am relieved she told me this as I wasn't sure what to do. Now I can say to work that this is the advice I have been given.

Flippin work is causing me so much stress at a time when I should be trying to relax!!! Sorry to witter on!

Caline, good luck with work. Does work know about you going through IVF? How have they responded so far if they do? The reason I ask is that I was honest and upfront asking for the week of EC off and they refused me to take sick leave, I was forced to take another form of leave ie: annual leave. I even got a Drs Certificate and they refused it. In hindsight, I would have been better off not telling them, taking the week off sick, geting a Drs Certificate for the week (not mentioning IVF or anything) as they would have accepted it. Good luck with everything and hope EC goes well for you on Tues or Wed. Not long until you'll be PUPO :hugs:

hi guys

i have made the decision not to tell them for this reason . its stressful enough without having your work stressing you out..

good luck xx

Hi Gals... after much thought as im also working for the nhs... have decided not to tell my managers!! Im going to just take the week of EC as sick leave. Have already spoken to my gp and he says you can self certify for the first week... i think. and if i need more time will go back for another sick note to say back ache or something like that! One of the line managers actually told us... in a joking way... to all go to the next contraceptive clinic to make sure we are all protected as the team cannot handle more ppl going on leave!!! can you believe the nerve of that!!! and thats the nhs!!!

Hi Girls, hoping everyone on here is well, just dropping by with best wishes for 2010, and lots and lots of BFPs!!!

Please take a couple of mins to read this thread :
https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...ertilization-microfertilization-everyone.html

Its about a petition someone has set up on the UK governemnts website trying to get rid of the POSTCODE lottery for IVF!! https://petitions.number10.gov.uk/freeivficsi/

Please please sign, the more names we get the more chance polices will be changed!

If you can promote this petition in any way, like sending the link (https://petitions.number10.gov.uk/freeivficsi/) to the petition to family and friends who know about your IVF then that will get us more names (i understand it is hard as we dont all tell our frineds and family about our problems but any promotion will help)....

• send this link to people who you dont mind knowing, (https://petitions.number10.gov.uk/freeivficsi/)
  • add the link to this thread to your signatures,
  • start your own thread on forums,
  • post the link to the thread in your TTC journals,
  • promote, promote, promote......

We can only change things if we have a voice....so get shouting, here is your chance!!!
XXXXX love to all XXXX

Hi girls

Sorry to hear some of you are having a tough time with work. In my experience, you need all the rest you can around ec/et. You can get your GP to sign you off and they don't have to put why. Although my boss knew, I told some people I was having an op (not really a lie!) and my doc's cert said post op recuperation.

xx

PS Chocci, signed on your other thread. x

Hi ladies - Happy New Year to you all, I really hope we get all we wish for and more this year :hugs:

Hi Caline - YAY for all your follicles, thats great news, I hope all goes well with EC, please let us know how you get on and what happens.

I'm sorry to hear work is stressing you out, it's a total nightmare trying to juggle work and treatment. Could you phone in sick? Maybe give them an excuse that is not IVF related, how about going to your GP and explain how the situation with work is affecting you - maybe they could sign you off sick, if they give you a sick line they would not put IVF as the reason but something more general - maybe even stress, surely your manager will have to grant the sick leave, I didn't think they could dispute this especially if you have a sick note from the Dr? Wishing you lots of luck :hugs:

I've got to phone clinic on Monday morning to book down regging scan, I'll be on CD5 then, they told me they only usually do down regging scans on Tuesday mornings, I'm really hoping they will see me on Tuesday am although I will only be on CD6 so I hope they don't make me wait until the following Tuesday as that will mean another week of down regging injections. I think it would be silly to make me wait another week, I've already done 11 injections - what are others experiences of this?

Hi Peartree - good luck for Monday :flower:

Hi Breeze - welcome and good luck for 11th Jan :flower:

Hi Doodar - sorry you have to wait, I know how it can feel like forever waiting for appointments and referrals to be completed, but I reckon this month will fly by :hugs:

Hi Chocci - I'm gonna sign the petition asap xx

Have a nice evening everyone x

caline..good luck at your next scan

id like to know if you have changed your diet whilst you were stimming . high protein is apparently goog for egg growth..were you drinking milk or is anyone doing this

finally i was told at a a few weeks ago at a scan that i have 9 follicles. Does this mean i will get max 9 eggs or is it possible to increase the number of follicles during stimming, hope this makes sense

thanks

Caline... good luck for next week... have got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!... about diet during stimming,... i read somehwere about a lady who ate 90% protein.. peanut butter, cashews, lentils etc and achieved good quality eggs! Im going mostly protein during that time... anyone know about dairy... lots of controversy about having milk etc?

Breeze - my fertility clinic told me to stay off all dairy. dairy (cow's milk) attacks womens ovaries due to the hormones in cow's milk. so i'd avoid dairy if i was you and eat lots of other calcium foods i.e brocoli, i'm on rice milk, it's ok in cereal. i have black tea now and i bought dairy free choc from the health shop. we need calcium but don't need to get it from cow's milk.

noddys girl - congrats on starting down regging

i could be joining you girls again, i got my BFP after months of fertility treatment, but my hcg levels are slow rising. so please keep your fingers crossed i get good results tomorrow.

Hey where are you based Gum69 cos to be honest in the Uk there should not be any hormones in Cows milk i think this can only happen in the US. I think they changed the rules so cows could not be treated with hormones to boost milk production???? xx

Hi Chocci - i'm in Ireland, cows e milked when they are pregnant and there is too much estrogen in cow's milk.

i was told to stay off dairy whilst ttc, and then for at least the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy. xx maybe each fertility clinic is different x

sorry muncho - not even organic milk,not even lactose free milk.
check with your clinic though please, i'm only going on what my clinic is telling me. i'd hate to be responsible for you all having osteoprosis in later life. xxx

Ooooooooooo thats interesting that, my clinc never told me that??? I can see the logic but then i can also see that most people MUST drink cows milk during TTC and IVF etc so wonder how much of a real affect it has??? Hmmmmmmmm off to google that one :)

https://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/Eating-Dairy-Can-Make-You-Infertile/628837

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->