4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Doodar, I definately think you're doing the right thing by not having the jabs. When women have a baby and they are not rubella immune, they have the MMR before they go home, and we tell them to, no way conceive in the 3 months after that. I imagine some of the jabs are the same.

So gutted for you! Flippin tax bill!! So when are you looking at starting now?

Thanks for all your good wishes for tomorrow. I gave myself the trigger jab last night, and woke up with VERY sore boobs :laugh2: Never had that before and its quite uncomfortable!

We're off to stop over in a hotel very near to the clinic as they are forcasting snow later today. Where we live is very hilly and it doesn't take much for us to get snowed in.

Can't believe its happening now :happydance:

I'm sorry to hear about the tax bill Doodar. Hope the finances are better in the coming months for you to start.

Caline - best of luck for tomorrow!

Currently um-ing and ah-ing about no. of embies to tranfer. We'd had our heart set on two, but at the consultation yesterday, they were strongly advising against two and recommending one. For those of you who could decide, what did/are you going to go for? It's all dependent on whether I'll actually get two to transfer, obviously, but I'm so scared that if I do, and I opt for one and end up with BFN, I'll always wonder 'what if'. So many of us here have two or three implanted and end up with one taking. What if they make the wrong choice embie? aargh... so many questions.

IVF twins at greater risk of illness or early death

IVF twins risk 'over-estimated'
(but majority of fertility docs reject this view)

Hi Girls

Well, I've been stalking you all for ages and the time has finally come for me to say "can I join you please?"!!

We went along to our consultation this morning, expecting her to say we had to wait until my next cycle to start but as I'm on CD5 and I'm going to be taking Marvalon for a month we were able to start that today! I'm so excited!!!

If all goes to plan, my dates are:
22 Jan: Injection Training
30 Jan: Start Buserelin
2 Feb: 1st Baseline Scan
9 Feb: 2nd Baseline Scan
10 Feb: Start Gonal-F
16 Feb: Scan
19 Feb: Scan
22 Feb: Scan
22 Feb: Trigger Shot (Ovitrelle)
24 Feb: EC
27 Feb: ET

Only one thing that could put a huge spanner in the works at the mo, I'm waiting for the results of a repeat smear test after an abnormal result - if the result is abnormal again we will have to stop the IVF cycle and wait until I've been treated before starting again. So please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Thats great news MrsR, Hope all goes well with the smear - my fingers are crossed for you x x

Wow, fab that you can start immediately on this cycle MrsR! Hope the smear comes back ok. :hugs:

peartree - I wanted two put back. In fact if I had blastos and I'd want two. They gave me literature to read about how young I was (sic! I was 29 so not that bloody young!) and how many quadruplets I would get and so on. I thought it was silly and would have been thrilled to have twins even with the risks. I think I WOULD be wondering "what if" if I ever did SET and I will personally insist on 2 over and over again. Good luck with the decision.

Peartree

The other thing to think about or ask people is what day transfer they had. If clinics go to blastie I can understand them pressing for 1 but Salisbury do 2 day transfer (or did in Sept). Apparently the split from 4 to 8 cells is a crucial one and one that many embies to not survive and this happens on day 3ish. We had 2 "perfect" (according to the clinc) 4 cell embies put back and only 1 made it.

Like I said yesterday hun everone is different but you need to be happy what whatever decision you make. For me I couldn't live with the what ifs had we only had 1 returned.

xxx

Thanks! Yes, one of the reasons we want 2 embie transfer is because they still do a 2 day embie. If, like Bristol, they went on to blastocyst, I'd be happier with 1. I just think that with 2 day embies, putting 2 back will increase my chances of becoming pregnant.

My ideal situation would be a 2 embie transfer with one taking. If both do, then it'd be a bonus.

Caline - hope tomorrow goes well and the snow won't have disrupted anything. Keep us updated.

xxx

hi ladies, I'm back from my holidays and counting down the days until I start down regging. My clinic has the option of either a day 2 or day 21 start for down reg- I'll be doing day 2, so when AF comes, I'll start the next day.

Caline- good luck with ec tomorrow, sounds exciting.

I'll soon be joining the rest of you with down regulating, hopefully without the headaches and hot flashes, but we'll see, I'm sure I'll have it all.

Caline... all my best wishes are with you for tomorrow.... Thanks to all the ladies about the food advice... will def be asking my clinic on monday.

Good luck Caline ...hope it all goes well for you.

Doodar thats so crap about delaying IVF!

Peartree go for 2!

Mrs R I hope your smear comes back clear fingers x

here is the latest updates ladies.. please pm me with any changes etc

https://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1480/1480555ipgpdidffl.gif 4 Leaf Clover IVF & ICSI Buddies

June / July 09 Outcome

Akcher ICSI :yipee::baby::baby: :pink::blue:
RBaker ICSI :flow::angel:
Mendy ICSI :yipee::baby: :pink:
Lilly123 ICSI :yipee::baby: :pink: #
Beckic IVF :flow::angel:
Ena IVF :flow::angel:
MaryB IVF :flow::angel:

August / September 09 Outcome

Angelcakes - :flow::angel:

Sammy2009 - :yipee::baby:

CupcakeQueen - :flow::angel:

Emerald Sarah - :flow::angel:

Brambletess - flow::angel:

Jane1972 - :yipee::baby:

Mrs G - :yipee::baby:

Wrightwhales - :flow::angel:

Snowdrop - :flow::angel:

October / November / December 09 Outcome

Mrs F - :flow::angel:

aneageraussie - Natural BFP :happydance:

NeyNey - :yipee::baby:

lioness168 - :yipee::baby:

Meli -

Bek74 - :yipee::baby::baby: Twins!

Beckic - :flow::angel:

Krissi - :hugs: cancelled cycle

Maz - :flow::angel:

Kelly9 - Natural BFP :yipee::baby:

January / February 2010 Outcome

Caline - start stimms 24 December

Muncho - stimming Jan

Dilek - appt 30 December​

MissMonty - start down regg 23 December

Rosie06 - start down regg 27th Dec

Trying4Ever - started down regg 30 December

Chocci - started down regg 1 Jan

Noddysgirl - start down regg 2 Jan

Breeze - start down regg 11 Jan

Mrs R - start down regg 30 Jan

Peartree - to start IVF end of Jan

Brooklyn1 - awaiting start date

WishtobMama - start IVF 25 April 2010

Doodar - on IVF waiting list

I'm sorry to hear about the tax bill Doodar. Hope the finances are better in the coming months for you to start.

Caline - best of luck for tomorrow!

Currently um-ing and ah-ing about no. of embies to tranfer. We'd had our heart set on two, but at the consultation yesterday, they were strongly advising against two and recommending one. For those of you who could decide, what did/are you going to go for? It's all dependent on whether I'll actually get two to transfer, obviously, but I'm so scared that if I do, and I opt for one and end up with BFN, I'll always wonder 'what if'. So many of us here have two or three implanted and end up with one taking. What if they make the wrong choice embie? aargh... so many questions.

IVF twins at greater risk of illness or early death

IVF twins risk 'over-estimated'
(but majority of fertility docs reject this view)

Speaking from experience, for my first ICSi i was head set on transfering 2. I just KNEW i had to, but when i spoke to the embryologist just before transfer she REALLY pushed for SET (single embryo transfer based on me being under 35, 1st ICSI, TOP quality embryo and no known fertility probs with me! I listened, thought they know what they are talking about, she said I had a very high chance of pregnancy based on the embryo! IT FAILED! I regret it to this day, I listened wih my head and not to my heart! If you feel deep down you want too, if thats what your heatrt tells you go for it cos i defo regret it! xxx

Morning ladies

Caline wishing you all the best for today :hugs:

Sorry to hear about the tax bill doodar, hope everything gets sorted soon.

I've been down regging now for 2 weeks got next appointment on Tuesday next week to confirm if I've down regged and to move onto stims. TBH I'm full of negativity at the mo! Really not feeling well, dragged myself into work but luckly I've got office to myself so plan to do as little as possible for a couple of hours. Checked companies sickness policy and procedure and if I need to take time off I can self cert for 7 calendar days and use dr's note from day 8, might have to phone in sick to attend some scans as I I'm starting to have serveral appointments booked in that would be difficult to rearrange.

We're having ICSI funded on NHS, our PCT will only fund ICSI under the condition that only one embryo is put back & we had to sign to say we agreed to this before starting treatment, no way round it.

hi everyone,
well af arrived today, so looks like I'll be starting down regulating tomorrow, day 2. How long have people down regulated for? Is it usually two weeks or a little more? I'm sure this is on the thread in tons of places, but any side effects to expect while down regulating? I've heard it can be the nastiest part of the ivf process.

Caline, good luck today!
Miss Monty- that's exciting that you're almost done with down regulation and that you'll be moving on to stimming soon. How many tries of ICSI do you have with the NHS?

updates :kiss:

https://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1480/1480555ipgpdidffl.gif 4 Leaf Clover IVF & ICSI Buddies

June / July 09 Outcome

Akcher ICSI :yipee::baby::baby: :pink::blue:
RBaker ICSI :flow::angel:
Mendy ICSI :yipee::baby: :pink:
Lilly123 ICSI :yipee::baby: :pink: #
Beckic IVF :flow::angel:
Ena IVF :flow::angel:
MaryB IVF :flow::angel:

August / September 09 Outcome

Angelcakes - :flow::angel:

Sammy2009 - :yipee::baby:

Emerald Sarah - :flow::angel:

Brambletess - flow::angel:

Jane1972 - :yipee::baby:

Mrs G - :yipee::baby:

Wrightwhales - :flow::angel:

October / November / December 09 Outcome

Mrs F - :flow::angel:

aneageraussie - Natural BFP :happydance:

NeyNey - :yipee::baby:

lioness168 - :yipee::baby:

Meli -

Bek74 - :yipee::baby::baby: Twins!

Beckic - :flow::angel:

Krissi - :hugs: cancelled cycle

Maz - :flow::angel:

Kelly9 - Natural BFP :yipee::baby:

January / February 2010 Outcome

Caline - start stimms 24 December

Muncho - stimming Jan

Dilek - start stimms 13 Jan​

MissMonty - start down regg 23 December

Rosie06 - start down regg 27th Dec

Trying4Ever - started down regg 30 December

Chocci - started down regg 1 Jan

Noddysgirl - start down regg 2 Jan

Breeze - start down regg 11 Jan

Mrs R32 - start down regg 30 Jan

Brooklyn1 - start down regg 7 Jan

Peartree - to start IVF end of Jan

WishtobMama - start IVF 25 April 2010

Doodar - on IVF waiting list

[/CENTER​

Sorry hun, can you please update my details.Ive been downregging since Dec 30 and stimm due to start on 13th Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->