4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

ihope this web link is of some help xx
it is hard to cut dairy out and i love chocolate, milk is in crisps, some breads.
the clinic gave me a book on what to avoid, milk is in lots of foods you wouldn't belive. .if anyone is interested in the list of other words that mean "milk" in food products let me know. you might think initially you can't eat a lot of food, and you can't but you adapt and i'm lot healthier now and i eat loads of fruit and veg, and there are certain crisps i like that don't have milk in them. ie. walkers prawncocktail, sensations caramalised onion.
i'm also off wheat, egg and soya, but we wont' go into that. the clinic food allergy tested me so it's very hard for me to find food so its pretty much meat and veg every day for me. but so long as my baby stays i'll do it. xx

don't want to freak anyone out, everyone is making enough scarifices trying to get and stay pregnant, and food is our one solace especially when we are popping pills, injecting, blood taken off us, scans you name it. but every bit of info helps and it's your choicexxx

Soo many posts after such a quiet Xmas!

Lioness, I am shocked that you had such trouble getting the time off as sick, thats appalling!! Thing is the egg collection is like a mini op and they wouldn't quibble with taking time off sick for an op at all. Do you mind me asking where you work? I too thought that a note from the GP over rode what the managers want and think.

Breeze, I think you are making the right decision not to tell the managers. If we are not sucessful this time I won't be telling work when we try again.

Doodar, they can't make you have immunisations! What is it they are pressurising you to have? I had the swine flu and seasonal flu this year on the recommendadtions of one of the Obstetric consultants at work (I am a midwife). I'm glad I had it but still have a bad arm nearly 8 weeks later!! The muslce aches espacially when I lie on it at night. I don't know anyone else to have such a bad arm for so long! I guess if the jabs are things like Hep B n stuff then maybe you should get some advice about the effect of these of IVF and pregnancy.

MissMonty, hope you get your Tuesday scan. Let us know.

Noddysgirl, how's down regging going?

As far as diet goes I have been stimming over Christmas and have eaten exactly what I would normally eat over Christmas! Not sure about the no dairy thing as I understood that they are now recommending one portion of full fat dairy a day as being good for fertility?!

I am considering going for the time off sick once I have a date for egg collection. I managed to swap a shift tomorrow so I can go to my scan, but got really stressed out about it. I really don't need that stress at the moment!

Finally thank you all so much for your good wishes for this week. I am very nervous, but keen to get it underway. Hope my follicles contain lots of juicy eggs!!

Hiya, I wasnt sure if to join this thread as there are so many pages and I am sure that I will repeat some of my queries!!!

Well here goes.........I'm not sure if I am on short or long protocol.....is there a difference in days??

But I have started injections for Buserelin for about 2 weeks and will have my baseline scan on 13th jan or around that date. I think they will look to see I have NO follicles and a thin lining????? and Then I was told I can probably reduce dose of Buserelin and start on Gonal F for about another 10 days until they scan to see how many follicles have grown!

Then they will give me a date for egg collection....and I am wondering like you guys if to take a week off work or just the day? I suppose I really need to relax that week? and sick would be the only way as it would be such short notice for anything else? But I get scared in case someone sees me!

Hiya, I wasnt sure if to join this thread as there are so many pages and I am sure that I will repeat some of my queries!!!

Well here goes.........I'm not sure if I am on short or long protocol.....is there a difference in days??

But I have started injections for Buserelin for about 2 weeks and will have my baseline scan on 13th jan or around that date. I think they will look to see I have NO follicles and a thin lining????? and Then I was told I can probably reduce dose of Buserelin and start on Gonal F for about another 10 days until they scan to see how many follicles have grown!

Then they will give me a date for egg collection....and I am wondering like you guys if to take a week off work or just the day? I suppose I really need to relax that week? and sick would be the only way as it would be such short notice for anything else? But I get scared in case someone sees me!

Well i would take the chance, ring in sick, and if someone sees you then you are covered anyway and when they drag you into the office you just say you were too scared to tell them because it was totally personal and you could not give proper dates and watch there faces when you say actually i had to have ivf!! AND if they dont like it threaten them with suing and exposing the company for not treating women going through infertility treatments fairly!! :) xx

Arhhh thanks for that GumB69, i can see some logic but its still a bit controversial. I dont fall into any of the infertility categories which would mean i should avoid diary according to that article. There is all sorts of stuff out there including chinese medine herbal supplements which i have been told to AVOID like the plague by CARE clinic. I suppose its each to their own, but we need to have some diary in our diet too so its a tough one and could create intense debate as to benefits verses cons :) hehe

i agree chocci, initially i said to the consultant i was raised on milk, and i was always told growing up to have loads of milk, and he said he knows but that it's a taboo area. damned if you and damned if you dont'.

Well i would take the chance, ring in sick, and if someone sees you then you are covered anyway and when they drag you into the office you just say you were too scared to tell them because it was totally personal and you could not give proper dates and watch there faces when you say actually i had to have ivf!! AND if they dont like it threaten them with suing and exposing the company for not treating women going through infertility treatments fairly!! :) xx

LOL thanks chocci.....I was so scared to tell work that I even booked a week off work as 'holiday' when I had my lap and dye! Then I told them the day I came back cos they kept asking 'did you have a nice week off?' 'do any thing nice?' and cos I was still feeing not that with it I told them 'actually I had an op!' then I took another week off sick :( I should have just taken two weeks off with a sick note but I used up a week as holiday and then a week of sick. I

Hi ladies

Please pm me your dates for where u r at as per page 1 so I can update the status and outcome page.

Welcome to all the new ladies and good luck!

Thanks

xxxx

Noddysgirl - :happydance: that the downreg has started!

Caline - hope the scan goes well tomorrow.

One more sleep until first consulation for me! :happydance:

Hi, DRegging is going ok, just have a constant mild headache - anyone else have this. I kept thinking I was doing it wrong to start with as I could keep tasting it but I have read that you taste it a bit no matter what?!?!?

Hope you all had a good weekend x x

Hi ladies,

Noddysgirl - yes I've had a mild headache with down regging injections, on day 13 now and has also had some sleepless nights and hot flushes but it's been ok.

AF started 5 days ago I left a message with clinic over 3 hours ago to book down regging scan and waiting for them to call back, at work but can't stop looking at mobile wish they will call back soon!

How long whereothers down regging for before starting stims? X

also how long did the bleed last? I'm still bleeding on cd5 usualy only lasts till cd3 x

Oh yes, had the dull headache and sleepless nights too. They seemed to get better towards the end of ths down regging bit.
I down regged from beginning December until 24th. My withdrawl bleed was normal length of my period but in the paper work it does say it can last longer and be heavier. What are they looking for on the down regging scan? I just had a blood test to make sure my hormones were 'at baseline'.

Well, my scan this morning was all good again. I have been told that I have had a very good response :happydance:

I have a load of follicles and my overies are hanging down as they are heavy, and are touching, ahhh. How sweet!! They are one beg kidney shape!

So, egg collection scheduled for Weds providing my blood results are ok (get them this afternoon). I am feeling very exhausted today. I am working a late shift then I am seeing my GP tomorrow so may ask for a note for a week to cover the whole lot. I am soooo tired!!

Hi caline, that's great news lots of luck for Wednesday.

They told me they will do scan to check I have down regged and will also do trial ET at the same time, think might have to wait another week though.

Let us know how you get on & defo get that dr's note xx

Hi, DRegging is going ok, just have a constant mild headache - anyone else have this. I kept thinking I was doing it wrong to start with as I could keep tasting it but I have read that you taste it a bit no matter what?!?!?

Hope you all had a good weekend x x

I think i must be really lucky I always feel pretty ok when i down reg. Maybe drink more fluids you may be dehydrated?? x

TBH dehydration is probably the answer - I dehydrate really easily (low salt in bloodstream) defo have to drink more especially when stimming i've heard - will add that to list of NY resolutions!

Hi ladies

Please pm me your dates for where u r at as per page 1 so I can update the status and outcome page.

Welcome to all the new ladies and good luck!

Thanks

xxxx

Hiya, started DR on 30th Dec on cd2. I'm hoping to go for my baseline scan on 12 Jan and if all ok hope to start stim injections that night! Fingers crossed all goes well for me as I dont think I could take it if this doesnt work for me :(

does anyone know what they look for on baseline scan? I know they look for thin lining but also no follicles? I think i have PCOS ...has anyone still had IVF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->