4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Thanks Mrs G. I am 12 days post EC today. I haven't had as much cramping today but just more brownish discharge. So you had fresh bleeding? Was it short lived? Do you think that was implantation? I have small amount of fresh blood on Sunday eve (on inserting the pessary), then only brown stuff since then.

I tested about a week after EC to see if the trigger had got out of my system and test was negative, so it has. I am too scared to test before Saturday and I guess I want to do it with DH and he's about on Sat.

Got some tenderness in ovaries that feels the same, only milder, as what I had post EC/when I had OHSS. Not sure why!

Yeah I had pinky colour cm and some fresh blood when I wiped. I was using pessaries rectally so wasn't probing "up there". I am guessing it was implantation. Everyone is different but as soon as I knew the trigger was gone I tested. Like you dh was away the day I had blood test so I had to know before.

I know it's corny but my mantra has always been "don't stop believing", I know it is so hard and often for self preservation you think the worst but it's not over yet.

xx

Hi Caline, on day 7 of stimming, I had an scan yesturday and all going well with the stimming, got another scan tomorrow and they hope to do EC on Monday. Getting really nervous now.

plastic clips are great dont know why they didnt give us them straight away......have blood test tomorrow and scan to see how im responding feel really anxious about it dont know why.....nurses have now resorted to doing my blood tests on the back of my hand now they cant get it from anywhere else!

did they let you know how many follicles you had miss monty?

I'm intruigued to know about these plastic clips. What are they, and what are they for?

MissMonty, I'm glad the stimming is going well. Are you nervous about the actual EC? You'll be fine. It is all very quick. I'm very excited for you. Where are you at again? Do they do the day 5 transfers?

Rosie, blood from the back of the hand can't be very nice. Fingers crossed for your scan and bloods tomorrow.

Mrs G, lots of people describe a pinkish loss when they had their implantation bleed, not the brown that I am having. I normally have brown stuff a few days before AF, so, well I am pretty sure tomorrow will bring the witch with it! We'll have to see anyway.

Hi Rosie, I'm pleased the clips are working for you, yeah they should have given these too you from the start.

The scan was an odd experience as I could see the screen and I was focussing so much on the screen trying to work it all out that I was wasn't really concentrating on what the nurse was saying. DH came with me and he was given the job of writing down all the measurments of my follicles, he thinks the nurse was reading out the mesurments of those over 5 mm, he counted about 12 in total but thinks there were more smaller ones. I've got a few questions I need to ask at my scan tomorrow morning and this will be on top of the list. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Hi Caline - the clips are the plastic caps you put over the glass amps to snap off the top for mixing with the stimming powders.

I'm not sure about the 5 day transfer - I'm at CARE I know they offer this but not sure if this is covered in our funding. I feel nervous about the EC, I'm not sure I like the idea of being sedated. Can't believe I started this process 4 weeks ago now.

Stay positive x

Hang in there girls, you are all doing really well. Going through IVF is a very stressful and nerve wracking time. Take it one day at a time and just breath and believe! With EC you'll be sedated and wont remember anything, and then take time to recover and then ET will be there before you know it! As for the 2ww, well....I just did a hpt around 10 days after trigger shot to ensure it was out of my system. Then when I did test I knew it wasn't a false pos! My thoughts are with you all and pray you all get you bfp soon xoxo. :hugs:

Hi Caline - the clips are the plastic caps you put over the glass amps to snap off the top for mixing with the stimming powders.

I'm not sure about the 5 day transfer - I'm at CARE I know they offer this but not sure if this is covered in our funding. I feel nervous about the EC, I'm not sure I like the idea of being sedated. Can't believe I started this process 4 weeks ago now.

Stay positive x

Oh, I see (about the clips).

I am sure CARE would do 5 day transfers as they are one of the bast places I think. We had our cycle on the NHS and had a day 5, so I'm sure you will be covered.

The sedation is fine. It made me dizzy for about 15 seconds, then I relaxed back and took some deep breaths and that was it. I had the experience of feeling some of it, but I am totally sure that was a one off, and doesn't normally happen. The next thing I knew I was being wheeled out. Stayed a little dizzy for about 5-10 mins, then felt fine. Had some paracetamol as I was sore with what felt just like period pains, then after half an hour got up and had a wee (after nice tea and buiscuit).

Try not to worry, honestly. Its all very quick.

Morning Ladies

Had a scan this morning, seems all is still going well with stimming, have enough menopur to last until Sunday, was told EC would be on Monday earlier on in the week but nurse today told me I am penciled in for Wednesday next week. She told me that I will stop using menopur on Sunday or they may have to call me later to let me know if I need a higher dose. Have to go back for another scan tomorrow.

Just wondering if you continued with menopur right up until EC or did you have a couple of days off?

Not sure why but feel really tearful today, got a mega busy day at work, got to work thorough from 11am unitl 8pm today without much of a break, starting to feel really stressed now :wacko:

Aw Miss Monty I really feel for u it must be a stressful time :hugs:
It does scare me to think Ill have to go through all this, especially the injecting side. Im not needle phobic or anything, but I just cant imagone doing it myself! DH wont do it so Ill jave to or get my MIL to do it, which would involve going round there every day, and shes got enough on her plate as it is, so I think I will have to get over it and do it. :(

Just think of the end result. I find visualisation helps-I Imagine telling people Im pregnant, and holding my own baby in my arms. However, you are allowed to have down days. Sending lots of love!!!

MissMonty, I stopped stimming on the Sunday, gave myself the Ovitrelle (trigger shot) late Monday night, then had egg collection on Wednesday, so sounds the same as for you.

I was very tearful towards the end of stimming. Sat in handover at work fighting back tears for no good reason! I just think it is a very emotional time and you have all the hormones careering through you. Its not suprising you are emotional. Are you having sometime off over EC/ET time?

You may find they change the day of EC. I was told at one point that they may 'coast' me for a few days because my hormones were high and I was very well stimulated. But that didn't happen, which is maybe why I got the OHSS.

Anyway, hang in there and try and rest as much as possible.

Miss Monty - DH and I watched "P.S. I Love You" on Sunday and I couldn't stop crying for about an hour - and I haven't started any drugs yet! So I'm sure you being tearful at the moment is very normal! Stimming sounds like it's going well for you so keep positive x

Caline - fingers crossed for you that this is implantation bleeding x

As for me, I had a set-back today as my GP just called to say the results of my repeat smear test were also abnormal so I'm being referred for a colposcopy where they'll do a biopsy. This means we have to delay starting our first IVF cycle (I was due to start DR a week on Saturday) so everything's on hold until I get the results of the colposcopy. Realistically I reckon this will delay us by two months. I'm gutted to say the least, no chance of a 2010 baby for us now.

Oh no! Poor you. That must be very frustrating. Have you had colposcopys before? I'm so sorry to hear that you will have to delay. You still might squeeze in a 2010 baby though xxx

hi ladies,
MrsR32, sorry you'll have to delay. It's so hard to wait and wait, but your time will come.
Caline, I've got my fingers double crossed for you.
Missmonty, I would expect at least a few really emotional moments in this process, and not necessarily at the moments we'd think. How have you been feeling on the stims in general? Any side effects?

How are my fellow down reggers doing? For me, it doesn't feel like there's much to report- the injection is really not bad at all, and now that AF has gone, I haven't been feeling too much. I'm getting really excited for stims to start, but I'm trying to hold back since I could go in there on Friday and have them tell me that I need to down regulate for another week. A week seems like a long time right now, but I know it's not so bad.

I desperatley need advice girls!

I am still having brown discharge, but no fresh bleeding. I am 14 days post EC, and 9 days post transfer. I gave my self the HcG shot on the 4th January, 16 days ago.

This morning I did an early response HPT with my first urine of the day, and it has a faint line on it. I then did a boots cheapie and internet cheapie, both negative.

Then, this afternoon I did a clearblue digital, which was negative, then I did an early response again, and got the same faint line as this morning.

I don't know what to think. I am thinking is it still the HcG shot from the 4th being picked up? I did do an internet cheapie over the weekend and it was negative, so assumed the shot was out of my system. I am also having the brown stuff which is so normal for me just before my period.

Please advise!!

Hi ladies... its been awhile for me longing on... just too little time in the day... work has been very chaotic!!

Brooklyn1.. im doing ok... just got my af today... still down regging... day 11...this af feels very heavy... ive been listenining to a self hypnosis cd for ivf and find that im far more relaxed and sleep better!! Great!

Caline.. i think you should still keep your hopes up... if all tests were negative then its another story! Perhaps try tomorrow am first thing and see then! Fingers crossed you get your bfp!!! It aint over till its properly over!!!

Miss Monty... good luck for upcoming EC... what side effects did you have in stimming...

caline - try one tomorrow with FMU. fingers crossed for you

i'd say the hcg shot is out of your system by now. i was always told 7 -10 after my last injections. so it sounds positive x

Caline, I reckon trigger will be long gone by now. Early response tests will prob be 10mui (was it frer?), whereas digis are 25 so need more hcg to show positive (not sure about boots?). I always used superdrug which are 10mui, I was too much of a chicken for digi!! I'd def test in the morning with the most sensitive test you have. Got everything crossed. keep us posted.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->