4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hi ladies - soooo please work is over for today - what a day!

Aphrodite - I can't do the injections myself either, DH has been doing them for me, he struggled the first few times but he's becoming quite the expert, he even made a comment about becoming a first aider at work!! Bless him te he he. Do you think your DH will give it a go, have you had the injection training yet?

Caline - CARE have told me they advise not to test until 16 days after HcG shot, I don't fully understand how the HcG shot can affect a test result but they reckon it can some how. I know it must be really diffcult but try and hold in there, and don't give up hope yet. I reckon the TWW is the most difficult part of the whole IVF process :hugs:

Brooklyn and Breeze - I've had a few side effects, mainly sleepless nights, been going to the loo more and in the middle of the night but that could be all the water I'm drinking, I'm starting to feel a little bloated but its not too bad. Brooklyn my AF was heavy but got lighter it did last for 10 days which was a pain.

MrsR32 - sorry to hear about the smear, that adds just more pressure at this stressful time, I hope they sort everything out and that you are able to start your treatment sooner rather than later :hugs:

Well I was so busy at work that I missed a call from CARE - they called DH instead and told him that I have to up my menopur to 3 powers a day for the next 4 days, I'm worried now that my follicles aren't growing as much as they should be. Did anyone else have their dose increased during stimming?

Thanks girlies.

I might test with FMU tomorrow with the early response test. I think thats the most sensitive one I have. My trigger was 6500iu and I have read on most places that this should have gone by 10-12 days after giving it. I'm 16 days after now.

MissMonty, at least they are monitoring you closely and they must feel that you would benefit from a bit more of a boost. I wouldn't worry, they know what they're doing.

I tested with another First response early result and got a still faint but darker than yesterdays line. I was starting to feel hopeful but just been to the loo and I have a tinge of fresh blood on the toilet paper when wiping.

I guess AF is arriving, and maybe what I've had is a chemical pregnancy?? The test today is very obviously positive, and the shot has to be out of my system by now (17 days).

This bit is sooo tough! I am at work today and tomorrow, so I guess my mind will be taken off of it. Not sure what to do. I can't ask the clinic and we were specifically told not to test before 23rd. I'm in turmoil!!!

As I work at a hospital I could send some blood for HcG levels. But if this is positive and AF arrives, then it may make it harder to deal with.

Hi Caline, I am sorry for the bleeding. I am so happy thats its a BFP on the test. The trigger shot it def out of your system. You are right it could possibly be a chemical or you are pregnant. I have read of many women bleeding red blood through 1st tri and everything is ok. Only time will tell. I know its going to be hard but i hope the time passes quick and the 23rd is here ASAP.

This soooooo sucks for u hun! Why cant it be a simnple yes or no?! That line is such a positive thing though. At least u have work to take ur mind off for a couple of days then u can call the clinic and find out what the hell is going on!

Thank you so much for supportive posts, it really does help. I just have more brown stuff coming, no more fresh as yet. Could I be making myself bleed by putting the pessary in? It fell out a few days ago and since then I do push it up as hard as I can! The fresh tinged stuff was about an hour or so afterwards.

These next 2 days can't go quick enough, then hopefully by Saturday I will know one way or the other. At least then I can discuss with the clinic. I am sure they won't want to discuss anything before I've tested on Sat.

Why are you feeling down Doodar? How's everything going for you?

Can you not call the clinic and speak to a nurse? I know they tell you not to test but they all know no one can ever wait that long. Give them a call and ask about the presseries, maybe they might suggest to do 3 instead of 2 a day or give u some reassurance that its all OK.

doodar - you've every right to be annoyed.
i hope your DH SA comes back better than before.

Doodar, that does sound incredibly frustrating. To me that sounds like malpractice- if testing the fluid is a standard part of the procedure, he should have done it, and if he didn't do it, then it's malpractice...I'm so sorry you're dealing with that on top of the prospect of IVF.

Caline, wow, I am feeling for you today, I know the waiting must be tough right now, but that bfp is such a good sign! It was interesting to hear Mrs. G's experience- it is definitely possible to be bleeding and still be pregnant. Remember, AF hasn't come yet!

As for me, one day left until I go to get my scan to see if I've down regged enough. How do they determine if you're fully down regulated- I know they do a scan to see your lining (how thin should it be?), and do they also look at the ovaries, do a blood test??

do you start down regging on the first day of your AF or when do they decide?
does it take long to down reg? sorry for the questions.

Im wondering that too gumb-what day of your cycle do u start down regging on. If I knew that I would know a bit better where ill be on however many weeks or months!

Doodar I totally agree with Brooklyn-To me thats malpractice and I would be suing if it were me, because if ur hubby was put through that op for nothing AND you were PAYING for it, not only would I want the cost of the operstion but compensation for assault and battery on your hubby as they cut him open for no reason!! I can imagine how awful this must be, to have to go through all this before you've even had IVF, and then for the doctor to f**k up. Major hugs hun :hugs: .

I tell you what though, although you feel fed up which you have every right to be, you sound like a strong lady, Id be doing worse things at this point, completely irrationally I might add., You are strong and you can get through this! We're all behind you x x x

doodar i would be feeling exactly the same hun

caline i really have my fingers crossed for you, but ring the nurses thats what they are there for they will understand.

miss monty how are things going have you found out when you have your trigger shot yet?

my scan and blood test went ok yesterday howeve i found out that because im having an assisted cycle that depending how many follicles i have ie if its more than 3 they will cancel my cycle and they prefer you to have a 3 mth break before they start another cycle, my scan showed i had two dominant folicles and 3 not far behind so i was borderline as to if thy would cancel it it all depended on my blood test......well consultant decided to give me the go ahead but he reduced the trigger shot from 10000 to 5000 but they didnt tell me why.
have to start pessaries on friday not looking forward to that!

Doodar, thats terrible!! Was it the NHS? Could you look into complaining and possible receiving some compensation towards the treatment you now have to fund because of the surgeons mistakes?

Rosie, fingers crossed for your cycle, and don't worry about the pessaries, they aren't that bad. I never thought I'd say it but I do favour giving them rectally, just because it seems do much less messy!

As far as whats been going on with me, I sent an HCG blood test off yesterday at work, and it came back the same evening at 18. I have read on the internet that this is a borderline result. Anything above 5 is possibly pregnant, but they like it to me over 25 for a definate positive. I have tested (POAS) again this morning with the same kind of test, and I got a faint again, but it is fainter than yesterday morning.

When I did it yesterday I had held my wee for about 7 hours while this morning it was about 4 and a half hours. Would this affect the result much? Would there have been less hormone in todays wee because it wasn't in my baldder for as long?

This is totally doing my head in now. I am working today (having only slept for 4 hours), so I may try and speak with one of the reg's/consultants and see what they think. I may look at sending more bloods tomorrow, as stuff on the internet says its an upward trend that is important, not so much the levels.

I haven't got a good feeling about this at all, its all too wishy washy with nothing definite. If todays line had been darker.....

Anyway, please let me know your thoughts, as its helping me get through this. Thanks :flower:

Argh Caline this is so awful for you, like someone is playing a cruel trick on you!! Who would have thought it could be so complicated?

Notthat I know anything, but I suppose 18 is a good level, its better than, 6 say. Ur body could just be slow to respond to pregnancy. Bloods today are a good idea cause then ur right u can see an upward trend-However, if they're the same, it would do your head in even more.

I reckon the line could be fainter because theres less hcg in there, yeah. Dont give up hope girl hang in there!! In a couple of days you'll know for sure x x x x x

Caline, don't give up hope, you said that anything over 5 is possible and 25 is definate and you're much closer to the 25 than the 5 so I'd take that as a good sign. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Doodar, I struggled to understand all of your posts but I think I got the gist - he certainly sounds like he's trying to cover something up if he's avoiding your questions. I would get a letter of complaint in to the NHS Trust as soon as possible, if the surgeon performed an unnecessary procedure or messed it up due to incompetence, you should be entitled to compensation - particularly if you are now going to have to pay extra for fertility treatment which would have been unecessary had he done the operation correctly. I wish you luck with this, I don't normally believe in sueing a cash-strapped NHS but in your case you should not be financially worse-off because of a surgeon's mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->