4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind me coming in here. I posted a thread but was advised to ask questions here. I have been on the down reg injections for the last week (this is day 8) but I am concerned because it is a low dose (0.5) and my period has started today as normal (I am very regular and come on usually day 27 or 28) does this indicate that the injections are not working or is this normal? Any help would be great

Thanks

hi lynseyology, I'm also down regging right now. As far as I understand, you are supposed to get your period while down regging- you may actually have a longer period because your body is getting rid of all of the lining in your uterus. I guess we have to trust that our doctors know what they are doing with all of the doses and procedures, which is hard to do sometimes.

I'm also on day 8 of down regging and the side effects are just hitting me now. I am having my second AF of the month (started down regging on day 2), and she's a real witch! Anyone else have really bad cramps, bloating, etc while down regging? I have also had trouble sleeping these last few nights. I'm hoping the worst of the symptoms will go away once AF gets lighter.

hi lynseyology, I'm also down regging right now. As far as I understand, you are supposed to get your period while down regging- you may actually have a longer period because your body is getting rid of all of the lining in your uterus. I guess we have to trust that our doctors know what they are doing with all of the doses and procedures, which is hard to do sometimes.

I'm also on day 8 of down regging and the side effects are just hitting me now. I am having my second AF of the month (started down regging on day 2), and she's a real witch! Anyone else have really bad cramps, bloating, etc while down regging? I have also had trouble sleeping these last few nights. I'm hoping the worst of the symptoms will go away once AF gets lighter.

Thank you for replying, when you meet the nurse they ask if you have any questions but i suppose you only have a lot of questions once you start going through it! I was so worried that the injection dose was too low but you have put my mind at rest. I will ring them tomorrow.

I have just started getting the side effects, mainly headaches and bloating but my boobs are soo tender! I have also been getting pins and needles in the end of my fingers, not sure its related but I don't usually have this. Now I have started my period it is heavy and more painful than usual.

Hi Lynseyology... im also on 0.5 ml of buserelin... so dont worry... i think... hopefully... doc know what they are doing! Im on day 7 of down regg... looking to hopefully c af soon... i also had a thought about the dose being sooo low esp since im bmi 28 and was told by someone else that with higher bmi index you might need more or longer down regg protocol! Aaaaghh the agony!!! ive also gained like 2 lbs and im getting worried about this!!!!!

Hi Lynseyology... im also on 0.5 ml of buserelin... so dont worry... i think... hopefully... doc know what they are doing! Im on day 7 of down regg... looking to hopefully c af soon... i also had a thought about the dose being sooo low esp since im bmi 28 and was told by someone else that with higher bmi index you might need more or longer down regg protocol! Aaaaghh the agony!!! ive also gained like 2 lbs and im getting worried about this!!!!!

I've gained 3 pound so don't worry, I think it is mainly bloating as my stomach looks like someone has pumped it up.

Hi Lynseyology, the bleeding you have sounds normal and should be a sign that the drugs are working and that you are down regulating.

Well, I think its all over for me this time. I have mild period pains, and this eve I had some old blood on wiping. Then at bedtime when I popped the pessary in I had fresh blood on my finger (sorry, tmi).

I really didn't expect to get my period before I even had a chance to use the flippin pregnancy test. You'd think my body would have allowed me the privilage of finding out that way! Went to bed crying late last night, and have woken up at 4am and can't get back to sleep.

I always knew realistically that there was more chance of it not working than working, and I thought I was all psyched up for this, but in the back of my mind I couldn't help but hope a bit. Now it has failed I am totally gutted :cry:

Have been trying to message you on facebook, but its all down and out of action!! Did you get your letter????

I haven't had anymore bleeding since last night, but still feel achey. This is doing my head in!!!

If u stopped bleeding maybe there is hope? Yes I got my letter, appointment next tuesday! x

caline, I'm sorry you're dealing with this, I hope it's a false alarm. Let us know what the clinic says today. Thinking about you.

caline sorry to hear about the bleeding, hugs to you hun, have the clinic said anything to you?

missmonty asked nurse this morning about the plastic clips she gave us some will see how we get on with them tonight.

Thanks girls. I spoke to the clinic this afternoon as I had some more brownish loss. They basically didn't say much. Just that some people bleed and are still pregnant so I should carry on with pessaries and test on Saturday as planned.

I feel like I am coming on, emotionally and physicallay. I'm still achy and had more brown stuff, so I think thats it for this cycle. I am totally gutted :cry: but have to stay positive and remember that we have 7 embryo's in the freezer and we are lucky to have got that many. Hopefully we can get 2 or 3 FET's out of that little bunch without going through the whole rigmarole of a fresh cycle.

I will keep you update :flower:

I have my FX for you Caline, praying that it is only implantation bleeding. Hang in there...and having 7 embies on ice is great if it does come to that :hugs:.

Wishing you lots of sticky baby dust :dust:

Still getting browsish discharge today, but nothing fresh as yet. This is fairly normal for me though when my period starts. Just wish it would start properly if its going to so I can stop thinking 'maybe its implantation'. Got mild period pains still too.

Such a head f**k!!!!!!!

How are all you down reggers getting along? Must be time to start stimming soon?

Good luck Caline! Have been popping by.

We are in Central Scotland and have a 2 year wait for IVF on the NHS, till we get to the top of the waiting list :( But we're getting married end of September so that's like a year to take my mind off it a little tiny bit!

Most nervous about the injections - DF has already agreed to be the man to do it, I really couldn't.ever!

Caline, I had my classic AF on the way signs including bleeding before I got BFP. I know it is so hard and you want to protect yourself but try to think positive - it got me through it! Did you ever test to see if trigger had gone? Am I right in thinking you are 13 days post EC? Are you not tempted to test before Sat? I got bleeding and BFP at 12 days post EC.

FX for you hun xxx

Thanks Mrs G. I am 12 days post EC today. I haven't had as much cramping today but just more brownish discharge. So you had fresh bleeding? Was it short lived? Do you think that was implantation? I have small amount of fresh blood on Sunday eve (on inserting the pessary), then only brown stuff since then.

I tested about a week after EC to see if the trigger had got out of my system and test was negative, so it has. I am too scared to test before Saturday and I guess I want to do it with DH and he's about on Sat.

Got some tenderness in ovaries that feels the same, only milder, as what I had post EC/when I had OHSS. Not sure why!

Hi ladies - haven't been able to get online for a couple of days.

Caline I'm sending you big :hugs: and I really have got everything crossed for you. It sounds like Mrs G had a similar experience so please don't give up hope yet x

Thanks MissMonty. The support I have had from your girls has been amazing!

How are things with you going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->