4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

You got the pot!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

At last! Think you should make a point of letting someone know about your experience with the lab.
Hope your headache gets better and works not too tiring.

Tryingforever, it does sound like they are trying to speed things along by getting you back to baseline. Will they increase the buserelin dose given that it didn't work on this cycle? It does all sound a bit confusing but there Drs really know their stuff.

This 2ww is turning out to be a weird time. Its strange knowing that I have an embryo inside of me (hopefully it hasn't fallen out), and that it could be doing its thing. The OHSS symptoms have been better today which doesn't reassure me, as they did say if I got pregnant it was likely to worsen.

Does any one know when I'd start producing pregnancy hormones? I mean I've skipped the 7-10 DPO that it takes the ferililsed egg to travel from tubes to uterus. IN my mind it might be 7-10 days after ET?

Hi

You count EC day as OV day. The embryo still needs a week or so to implant and you only get your own HCG after implantation. I tested after ET to see the trigger disappear. It stays strong for a few days and then goes. At least then you know if it's gone and WHEN you see 2 lines they are for real.

Good luck!
x

Hi ladies... im taking bureselin for down regg and injecting myself in the morn... what have the rest of you ladies done or doing? Night or morning and where? ive been injecting my tummy but find that im bruising on my tummy... anyone try the thigh?
also noticed ive become a 'light' sleeper... waking up a few times at night.... anyone had the same? and im feeling more hungry than norm... or is just me being greedy!!!!

Hi Breeze, I've been having almost all of the same reactions. I'm a lot hungrier! I'm trying to contain myself, but I feel like I could eat everything in sight if I allowed myself. I'm doing the injections at night, and I've done them mostly in my thighs- I just find that it's an easier angle and also hurts less for me. I haven't had much bruising- just a faint bruise on each side. I've also been having the strange sleep- for me it's a lot of weird dreams, so I'm waking up because of the dreams but then going back to sleep. Have you had any other side effects? I was feeling sore muscles for the first few days but that seems to have gone away.

The 23rd is my test date. I am not going to do a test before then.
Just thinkin the OHSS symptoms going is a negative sign, thats all. I'd feel more reassured if I was still extreemley bloated and in lots of pain!!

Honey don't get disheartened yet. I was fine for over a week or more after my ET, then it slowly got worse...I was hospitalised with OHSS for almost a week then...Thats when they confirmed my BFP also.

Hi ladies, I'm on the IVF waiting list now - last resort. It's going to be a wait of about 2 years, but I'd still like to join a new home in the mean time :)

Hope I learn a lot here so I can be prepared.

The 23rd is my test date. I am not going to do a test before then.
Just thinkin the OHSS symptoms going is a negative sign, thats all. I'd feel more reassured if I was still extreemley bloated and in lots of pain!!

Honey don't get disheartened yet. I was fine for over a week or more after my ET, then it slowly got worse...I was hospitalised with OHSS for almost a week then...Thats when they confirmed my BFP also.

Thank you for the reassurance. Did you have the OHSS after egg collection? For me I got it about 36 hours after. Suddenly bacame massively bloated and thought it was wind! Lol. Today, 4 days post transfer, I'd say I'm nearly back to normal. Kind of what the bloatedness and pain back as reassurance!!!!

How bad did yours get to warrant hospitalisation? I got to the point where I could hardly stand/walk due to the pain, but urine stayed dilute (as was drinking 3-4 litres a day), and only slight shortness of breath. Clinic told me to rest and keep drkinking.

How do you feel now? Your scan pic is amazing!

Hi ladies, I'm on the IVF waiting list now - last resort. It's going to be a wait of about 2 years, but I'd still like to join a new home in the mean time :)

Hope I learn a lot here so I can be prepared.

Welcome Subaru555 - you will definately learn loads here, I'm starting down-reg in a couple of weeks but I've been stalking the lovely girls in this thread for a while so I now feel very prepared for the whole IVF process.

Welcome Subaru555. Where a do you live? Why the 2 year wait?

MrsR32, welcome tooooo! This is a brilliant thread! We're so lucky to have Lilly123 who started it off. Where are you having your treatment? Do you know why you're having probs with ttc?

Brooklyn1... glad then thats its not just me with the symptoms... esp the hungry one!!!i think im going to try my leg tomorrow and see how that goes... hate the pink blotches on my tummy. Ive not had any headaches but heard that this can be common... trying to be very hydrated and drink 2l water each day... its an effort though!!! glad we both more or less going through the same time frame!!!

Welcome to all the newbies to the forum...

Caline... im sure you wishing time away for your test date!!! hope that your work is not too stressful when you get back! im still thinking of a good 'excuse' for when i have EC and ET!!! im not letting work know at all!!! we had a big staff mtg the other day where all the manager spoke about was the state of the nhs... now gotta do more... less time off etc... blah... blah!!!

Hi ladies,

Well on third day of stimms - got appointment on Monday, they're gonna monitor me more than usual as they tell me I'm at risk of developing OHSS as on pre treatment scan they found over 20 folicles and thats without stimulation! I'm on two powers of menopur a lower dose I believe?

Hi Caline - fingers and toes crossed for you :hugs: sounds like you're having a bad time with the OHSS, I really hope everything is ok - I've only ever read about it so don't know much about it. Next weekend will be here before you know it x

Hi Breeze and Brooklyn - I've been doing the down regging injections in the morning (well DH has been doing them for me) been doing them at the top of the leg, been putting ice on first for a few moments. I haven't been sleeping very well, keep waking in the night too - had a couple of nightmares and been getting very hot in bed. I've actually lost weight which is weird - 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks - not sure thats a good thing though, I've been so busy at work I'm wondering if its the stress of it all - so pleased its the weekend! I hope the side effects aren't too bad for you both :hugs:

Hi Rosie - your blood test sounds like it was a nightmare - I haven't had to have any yet, they did a scan on me to check I had down regged before I started stims. Wishing you lots of luck.

Hi and welcome subaru555 & MrsR32 :flower:

miss monty your at very similar stage to me im on day 5 of stims, and on u/sto check id dr i had 31 follicles so they have told me i should be on metformin to help lower the risks of ohss....are you on met? hospital want me to have blood tests mon, wed and fri, they keep changing my dose of menpur was on 2 powedes mon & tues then they reduced it to 1 now back on 2!

does your DH prep the jabs as well weve had a nightmare with the amps the glass keeps shattering!

Caline hope your feeling better fingers crossed for you!

Hi ladies.. please send me your estimated ET dates for those om stimms and any other dates i have not added on front page.

You can just pm me.

Thanks ladies and good luck!

Fingers crossed Caline and welcome to all the new ladies :hugs:

Just a quick one regarding pessaries!

I was using these up the bottom as instructed then after transfer I was told to put them in vaginally (sorry)! This morning I was in the shower and it fell out! I only noticed as I touched it with my toe (I am short sighted). I rinsed it off and popped it back in (sorry, tmi)!

There was also a night where I woke up and my knockered were covered in it. I'm now wondering if it had come out then, and disolved in the outside.

Now, as much as I don't like putting them in back passage I never had these problems. There was no mess and it stayed in. So...is there a specific reason why they tell you to put them vaginally after ET. I know they go up bum before to keep vagina clean for transfer.

Tried calling the clinic this morning but think peaasry queries are non urgent!

Hello all,

Rosie06, I'm only using menopur and burserlin at the mo, I'll be on day 6 of stimms when I go in on Monday for my scan. I think they just do the scans and not blood tests at my clinic but not sure. Dh has been preparing all the jabs, I had a go this morning but messed it up. Were you given some little plastic caps to put over the amps? We've been given these and we pop them on and then the amp breaks cleanly without shattering. Have you been given a date for EC? My clinic seems to be taking it as it comes - I kind of wish I had an idea what was going to happen when.

Hi caline - at the injections training CARE told me to use the pessaries vaginally only, I believe at some point I will need to use these in the morning and night. I was told they are not made to be used vaginally but they advise it as they are absorbed better that way. They advised me to insert one whilst lying down and stay lying down for half hour to let it absorb otherwise it will fall out. Haven't got to that stage yet so not sure if it works. Hope this helps :hugs:

Thanks MissMonty. The clinic phoned back and told me they can go either way after transfer. I wasn't told to lie down or anything. I am fretting now as thinking about how much was in my knickers now, I;m thinking it was falling out! Well, there's nothing I can do about it now, but am reluctant to change back to the bum after what you have told me.

Pessary dilemmas. Feeling particularly hacked off and negative this morning. I think I feel a bit PMTy which I am taking not to be a good sign. Pooos!!

I've started to notice how different clinics seem to suggest, advise and have different methods for the whole IVF process. Its so confusing. Are you going back to work this weekend? Keep your chin up x

caline, I seem to remember from my ivf workshop they said that it's fine for some of the progesterone to fall out and that you will get enough regardless (they take this into account). I think it happens to everyone- they are so messy- so I try not to get too worried about it...

I'm still down regging, and it looks like I'm getting another AF (since I started on day 2, they told me to expect to get another period sometime in the two weeks of down regging). It's very strange to go through the whole AF rigamarole twice in two weeks, but I guess it means the drugs are working!

i use the pressaries vaginally. they are messy so i just use a liner. i use on in the morning and one in the evening. if i squat or do something i shouldn't it comes out, so just make sure it's shoved up far enough and put a liner on xx

Hi all

I found pessaries way too messy to use vaginally and used them rectally until 16wks. I was told it made no difference to absorbtion either way and you get what you need after about 10 mins, so if you do "lose" it after then, no problem.

xx

Thanks for all your pessary tips!

Brooklyn, it wasn't just a bit that came out this morning, it was the whole thing pretty much stilll intact, lol. It doea sound like a good sign that you are having another bleed, so, yay! Hopefully that means you are having a good response to the drugs.

MissMonty, I am going back on a night shift tonight. I am going to try and look after an easy case if possible that involves plenty of sitting down (a woman with an epidural is always a good candidate).

I am trying to stay positive, but its hard. I want some symptoms please!!! Preferable something like sore boobs and not morning sickness. Lol. Is that too fussy?!

Thanks too MrsG and gumb :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->