4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hi Ladies, was wondering if anyone could tell me if they normally do the Saline uterus scan before you start taking the IVF drugs or after? or both?

Congrats Caline - wishing u a happy and healthy 9 months!!!:happydance::happydance::hugs:

Thanks everyone sooooo much! as i said, I am taking one day at a time, and trying not to get too hopeful. Its very very early days and I think its going to be a tough wait again for the next 2 weeks until my scan.

ihavefaith, I'm not sure about a saline uterus scan. I have not heard of it before. Only thing I can think of is HSG but you have had a lap and dye so wouldn't beed HSG too. I had lots of internal scans along the way, but nothing with saline. Sorry I can't help but good luck with everything xxxx

congratulations Caline, so exciting to see that pregnancy test say pregnant 1-2 weeks! I hear you about taking it one day at a time, but things look good!

Hi ihavefaith... i had a saline scan at the start of my ivf procedure.. i think it was like day 21. i dont think its a 'normal' part of the ivf procedure. I had it because my clinic was having a trial for a new progesterone injection... so instead of pessaries... it will be another injection. I signed up for the trial and will only know if im chosen for it when it comes to EC. im still on down regg at the moment. The scan is ok... can be uncomfortable while the scan is taking place... i would advise taking a paracetemol / ibuprofen an hour before hand. I had to also have an antibiotic afterwards. Hope this helps. the saline opens up the uterus to give a clearer pic regarding cysts etc.

Caline... so happy for you sweety... one day at a time...we all here for you....

Hope everyone else is well?

Congrats Caline! Thats super exciting!Very happy 4 you!
Thankyou everyone for the info, it great to have such a support team here!

Hi ladies,

Well I had my last stimming scan today and I have been booked in for EC on Wednesday :happydance: got to do trigger shot injection later tonight (no early night for me!) and hopefully ET will be on Friday - can't believe I've got to this point, I feel really luckly seems this is my first IVF cycle. I'm starting to seem quite uncomfortable now so looking forward to the end of the week!

Hope everyone is doing well x

hi ladies,
Miss Monty, very exciting that you are so close to EC! Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I started stims on Saturday, and the injecting part is fine. I've been feeling a bit off since the weekend though- I really don't know if it's the down regg drugs finally hitting me (I've been having headaches and some upset stomach) or if I'm reacting to the stim drugs. Anyone else have some side effects while starting the stim drugs? I can also feel activity in my ovaries and some bloating already which makes me nervous about how I'll feel after a week on these drugs...but I guess it means they're doing their job?

Thats brilliant MissMonty! Well done!!! How exciting.

Brooklyn, I started feeling a bit rubbish towards the end of down regging. Try and drink lots, that might help the headaches.

Well, all is not well with me. I have started some fresh red bleeding today and am crampy. The bleeding is getting heavier, and is bright red. The clinic say I just have to see what happens and re test in a week. If I am still testing positive then they will scan me at 6 weeks.

I have had a bad feeling about this since the brown stuff started a week ago. It kept alternating between brown and brown/red. The nurse did reassure me a bit on Saturday, but I was still certain that what I was having wasn't normal.

So, I am unnanouncing my BFP, only to wait and see what happens, but I am sure I am having a miscarriage. :cry:

Can't wait to hear how you all get on, and I am trying to look forward to having one or two of my frosties put back in the very near future.

Hey Caline, you hang in there. I still have my fingers crossed for you x

MissMonty really excited for your EC on wed. Good luck.

Brooklyn hope things are well with your stimms, when is your first scan to check follies?

Breeze, its a bummer hey? They have extended DR by one week? When did youstart cd21 or cd2?

I started my DR on cd2 and have been for 4 weeks now instead of 2...I am really p****ed of now. I dont know what the hell is happening with my body. I had provera and still havent bled after 8 days. I am praying for a bleed so that my linin gcan be thin and I can start on my damn stimms! ITs just going all wrong for me! I have an exam end of Feb and I had hoped I would be in my 2WW but that might even clash with EC at this rate!

I have everything crossed for you Caline. Wishing you lots and lots of sticky dust :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Doodar, how did you get on with the trigger shot? Are you getting any side effects? I had the sorest bb's and some food adversions (tea and sweet stuff) and thought 'this is probably what its like to feel pregnant'! What time is you collection?

Lioness, thanks for sticky dust xxxx

I am so confused and emotional today. I checked my HCG yesterday afternoon and it came back as 81. I know thats not that high but it has quadrupled since Thursday, which is what it should have done. The bleeding has stayed fresh but tailed off a bit. This morning its more like spotting, but I woke up with period cramps, which I still have. I am going to see my GP this morning, just for an opinion really, and to have it logged that I have conceived with IVF.

I was mad at the clinic yesterday. I rang when I had the first red loss at midday, and the receptionist said that a nurse would ring me back as soon as they were free. 4 hours later and nothing, so I called back (in tears by this stage), and waited another half an hour. By this time it was 4.45pm and I have been told before that the nurses go home at this time, so I called again and got put through to a nurse. I have to say she was not particulalry sympathetic. Just said I have to wait a week and do another pregnancy test and let them know the result. She said that stopping the pessaries wouldn't have caused me to bleed.

Its the first negative experience I have had with the clinic. Up until now thay have been fantastic. Made me feel like once I called in with my positive result thats their box ticked and now they're not that interested. Might be wrong but thats how it felt.

Anyway, I have no choice but to wait and see. I am expecting the bleeding to get much heavier than it is, as the drugs make the lining very thick, and what I have had so far has not been heavy.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and maybe, just maybe my little blasto can cling on through this, and come out the other side still nicely embedded. I really really hope so.

Caline, I've got everything crossed for you that this little bean sticks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->