4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hi ladies,

I've just come back from ET :happydance: I can't believe I've got this far I feel so lucky, I felt so upset after EC and was sure I'd have nothing to put back but out of my three eggs I've got two grade 2 embro's. I've had one put back today and they are going to freeze the other. Today was so much better than EC, they gave us a picture of our embro and also we got pictures of the embro being placed into my uterus. I've been told to have another week off work, which feels odd as although I feel a little tender today I'm sure I'd be ok to go back to work on Monday but I'm going to do what I'm told. My test date if 14th Feb - it would be so perfect to get a positive result on valentines day [-o<

Brooklyn - I too got mega thirsty while stimming, I've been going to the loo much more too! Sounds like everything is going well for you - wishing you lots of luck x

Caline - thinking of you and hoping that your dreams come true on Monday :hugs:

Hi Everyone, hope you don't mind me posting here. I have been on stims since last Thursday (6 days) I had my scan on Monday and everything looked fine and I was told to continue the dose but at today's scan I had to see the Doctor and was told that I am not responding to the stims and my womb lining has got less and follicles got smaller. I have to up my drugs from today and go back saturday but if I still have no response it will be abandoned. I am devastated as I was told I would be at risk of over stimulating so today's news has been a shock. Has anyone had the same experience? I need some positives to keep me going! :cry:

Hi lynseyology and big :hugs: I was put on a lower dose of stims as like you I was told I would be at higher risk of over stimulating, on day 6 scan everything looked perfect but on day 8 not much had happened so my dose was increased for the last 3 days. I did not respond as well as they hoped but by day 10 I had a few large follies and they told me I was be ok to go to EC, at EC they only found 3 eggs but thankfully 2 of those have turned into grade 2 embies. They told me that they do not usually see people until day 10ish so hopefully all will be ok and they will give you a bit more time, let us know how you get on x

Hi Everyone, hope you don't mind me posting here. I have been on stims since last Thursday (6 days) I had my scan on Monday and everything looked fine and I was told to continue the dose but at today's scan I had to see the Doctor and was told that I am not responding to the stims and my womb lining has got less and follicles got smaller. I have to up my drugs from today and go back saturday but if I still have no response it will be abandoned. I am devastated as I was told I would be at risk of over stimulating so today's news has been a shock. Has anyone had the same experience? I need some positives to keep me going! :cry:

Hi lynseyology and big :hugs: I was put on a lower dose of stims as like you I was told I would be at higher risk of over stimulating, on day 6 scan everything looked perfect but on day 8 not much had happened so my dose was increased for the last 3 days. I did not respond as well as they hoped but by day 10 I had a few large follies and they told me I was be ok to go to EC, at EC they only found 3 eggs but thankfully 2 of those have turned into grade 2 embies. They told me that they do not usually see people until day 10ish so hopefully all will be ok and they will give you a bit more time, let us know how you get on x

Thank you so much for your reply, it has made me feel much better. I am feeling more hopeful as I can feel twinges in my ovaries, almost like when I am due to start my period. Is that a good sign? I am also very thirsty which I have read here that other people were like that when stimulating. I go back tomorrow so will post an update. I had accupuncture last night to help stimulation so hopefully that, the increased dose and an easy, restful day today will help. I have my fingers crossed for you x

hi ladies,
Missmonty, that is really good news. I'm crossing my fingers for your embie!

Lyseyology, sounds like you may just be a slow starter, I really hope things look good at your next scan.

I just got back from my scan this morning- the doctor said everything is looking really good with my lining and the follicle growth, so he's keeping my dose the same. I couldn't keep up with all the numbers he was calling out to the nurse, but it sounded to me like I've still got the 7 follicles that are maturing at the same pace and maybe a few smaller ones. I'm feeling ok about the number and just trying to stay focused on those ones becoming mature and healthy and ready for fertilization. He said I should be doing EC on Wednesday.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for you brooklyn and MissMonty-What a perfect date to test! Im in to cool dates at exciting times of life hehehe.

MissMonty, thats brilliant news! Glad it all went well. Take the time off to give the embie the best possible chance. You're lucky getting photos! Wish I had some pics.

Brooklyn, all sounds very positive. They must be happy with your progress if keeping stim dose the same. Roll on wednesday.

I poas today and it was a BFN, so its bye bye blasto :cry:

Im so so sorry Caline :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wanted to also say good luck to MissMonty :hugs:

I am so sorry caline - I have been "secretly" reading this thread. I was really hoping for you and can only imagine the upset. I hope you can have a fet or another fresh cycle again soon!

Hi Ladies...

MissMonty.. so happy for you that you have come so far... hope that your embie makes itsetlf very comfy in you!

Caline.. so sorry sweety!Take it easy ok... try and get some rest to recover and prepare yourself for your future FET.

Brooklyn1.. sounds like stimming going well!!!

Lynseyology... from what ive heard other ladies say, its a good sign feeling the twinges in your ovaries! Wishing you the best

As for me... still down regg... ive got scan tuesd... cannot wait... please keep fingers crossed ladies that i can start stimming. the side effects of down regg have been really bad from yesterday, im on day 20 of Down regg now.. and im having hot flushes, keep forgetting things and get things confused, i just feel off if that makes any sense!! I hope that they get better when stimm starts!!! I also just found out that a friend of ours is pregnant... im happy for her and her hubby! But also deep down in my heart just felt really sad! I know you ladies would understand!!! What would i do without you wonderful ladies on this thread!!! Thanks!!!!

Hi all, well we went to the hospital for a scan and blood test to see if I had responded to the upping of the stim drugs but unfortunately things had not progressed as they should, although things had got bigger and the womb lining was thicker we were told it had not come on enough and therefore the treatment has ended. The Doctor informed me that i need to wait for another period and then start the short protocol but this was not confirmed and I have to book a review appointment. I am very disappointed but trying to look at this as a 'false start' and they just got the dose wrong. :cry:

Caline, sorry to hear about your news, Just a bum. all that time and energy.Im not lookign forward to the 2ww! Ho wlong before you can use FET?

breeze, i have my 6 day stimm scan on tues. hope your goes well.

Lynseyology: i responed to your post on another thread. :(

I have been stimming for 3 nights - today will be my 4th. When should i expect to feel anything. im paranoid nothing is happening, I know its early

Hi all

Really sorry some of you are having bad news. :hugs: Know it's corny, but it kept me going - DON'T STOP BELIEVING.

Kath xx

Thanks girls :flower:

I am finding it hard to get my head around what has happened, but keep reminding myself that we are so lucky having our 7 frosties!! My HCG had dropped back to 4 yesterday so tomorrow I am going to call the clinic and tell them what has happened, cancel my 6 weeks scan :)cry:) and ask for an appt asap to discuss FET. I imagine I will have to wait a whole cycle before booking in, so am probably looking at March as the earliest.

Munch, I didn't really feel anything with the stimming, more with the down regging. My overies didn't get uncomfortable until after EC when I got OHSS. Up until then I felt quite good, just maybe a bit tearful and emotional.

MissMonty, hope you;re 2ww flies by and you get your BFP on Valentines Day.

Thanks Caline. Its hard to stay positive so you seem to be doing really well. all this effort we put in, emotions etc etc and sometimes its all for nothing. And on top of that you have to try to stay positive
My sister got bfp on each FET, so maybe that may help you a little x

Hi ladies,

Lynseyology - I'm sorry you've had to stop treatment. I hope you are able to start the short protocol very soon, next time they will know exactly what dose to give you and I really hope the next cycle will end much more positively :hugs:

Caline - this must be a very difficult time for you :hugs: I hope you get your appointment very soon.

It's been an odd few days for me, I've been feeling quite light headed and uncomfortable. My embie is 5 days old now (had ET on Friday), I'm off work this week, CARE gave me a letter advising to have this week off work.

Some friends poped by yesturday with flowers and card totally by surprise, they had heard I had had an operation (DH told work he needed some time off to take me to hospital for an little op on day of EC and ET, he plays football with a couple of colleagues and friends and when DH was not at football this week these colleagues told the others I had had an op and he was looking after me at home) I felt so guilty as they do not know I've just had IVF and I felt like a complete fraud!! Anyway it was really nice to see them and I felt touched that I had some friends who were worried about me.

I've decided not to feel guiilty about not going to work this week - about 20 months ago I was made to move teams as my previous team was over staffed, can you believe that I was the one who had to go because 'I was the only memeber of staff at risk who did not have any children' I ended up taking a demotion, I tried to appeal but without sucess - so sod them I'm gonna take full advantage of this week off and chill to the max!

Hope everyone else is ok x

Hi Muncho - I didn't really feel anything until towards the end of stimming and even then it wasn't much, I was expecting to have all sorts of pains and twinges, I think everyone reacts differently - good luck for your scan tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->