4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Good luck for scan tomorrow Breeze, hope the follies have grown big and fat!

All ladies in 2WW... :dust: :dust: :dust:

I have a question about injections. I use an autoinjector, and currently down regging with 0.5ml Buserelin. When I pull the needle out, a blob of clearish liquid appears (mixed with a teensy bit of blood) - Is this normal? Am I losing Buserelin, or is the amount too small to matter?

Not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I wait until the injecting's all the way down and then pull out.

Oh, and I've accidently introduced an air bubble into my bottle of Buserelin... would that make it un-sterile? Can you tell I'm not a medic? :dohh:

Its all normal peartree, dont worry you are getting your correct dosage. Sometimes i get a bit come out as well, or there is some left over in the syringe. Its ok. I dont think the air bubble into suprefact will make it unsterile. Hope it doesnt hurt you.

Caline do you know why you had a miscarriage? if you dont want to answer then please dont..

I don't have a clue. I just got to four and a half weeks and had a bleed. I don't want to be too graphic but I did see my tine blasto come out, so for me I can't see it as a 'chemical' as I had it inside me for 2 and a half weeks and saw it come out.

Anyhow, I am just hoping it was a one off, and am very eager to get on with FET now. The wait is tooooo long.

pear tree its ok. its hard not to get paranoid about the injections, It happened to me a few times.

Caline do you know why you had a miscarriage? if you dont want to answer then please dont..

I don't have a clue. I just got to four and a half weeks and had a bleed. I don't want to be too graphic but I did see my tine blasto come out, so for me I can't see it as a 'chemical' as I had it inside me for 2 and a half weeks and saw it come out.

Anyhow, I am just hoping it was a one off, and am very eager to get on with FET now. The wait is tooooo long.

Caline to be honest your little blasto would probably not have been visable to the naked eye, it will have been less than a mm big.

Definition of chemical pregancy :
"a chemical pregnancy would be a miscarriage before the fifth week of gestation -- or within about week after your missed menstrual period."
Source: https://miscarriage.about.com/od/onetimemiscarriages/p/chemicalpreg.htm

Having a chemical is a good sign though since it does show that your embryos can implant which is somethign that people can have problems with :)

Thanks all, gosh, just where is my normally logical brain?! After I wrote that, I used the syringe to draw up some water and dropped on to a tissue to see what I was losing. The syringe didn't even register.

I think I'm getting the hang of doing the injections - the first one that DH gave me turned into a bruise, the second one I did myself turned into a blood blister type thing, and last night's (which I had to do myself cos I was away for work) - NO MARKS! Woo HOO! :happydance:

Caline to be honest your little blasto would probably not have been visable to the naked eye, it will have been less than a mm big.

"a chemical pregnancy would be a miscarriage before the fifth week of gestation -- or within about week after your missed menstrual period."

Having a chemical is a good sign though since it does show that your embryos can implant which is somethign that people can have problems with :)

Well Chocci, I did see it come out. You can call it what you like, but as far as I am concerned, I conceived, the embryo implanted, my HCG levels went up as they should, I had plenty of positive tests, then I bled and saw it come out, so I had a miscarriage. I'm not sure why we have to be having this dsicussion anyway. References of terms of how I should be referring to my loss are not at all helpful, so maybe your knowledge might be better shared elsewhere.

Well Chocci, I did see it come out. You can call it what you like, but as far as I am concerned, I conceived, the embryo implanted, my HCG levels went up as they should, I had plenty of positive tests, then I bled and saw it come out, so I had a miscarriage. I'm not sure why we have to be having this dsicussion anyway. References of terms of how I should be referring to my loss are not at all helpful, so maybe your knowledge might be better shared elsewhere.

All i am saying is it was a chemical pregnancy, i actually said it implanted and HCG went up - that is usually what happens with chemicals!! It is a form of very early miscarriage... if you read the link it will help you understand and maybe make you FEEL better.... that was what it was ment to do!!! I think you are taking it a bit personally, i actually on a previous post explained the misscarriage for you - to help YOU!!! If you dont want to see it like that then that is YOUR choice!!

Hi ladies!thanks to Peartree and Brooklyn1 for your good wishes!had scan today and folicles growing!yay!!! They are now 16 mm on average! Next scan monday,will find out wen EC will take place then!still low on folicle count, only about 6! But im happy that at least its more than the 3 the clinic require for continuation of cycle! Have also been for accupuncture,hopefully this is making my body respond to stimm better! Acupunturist said my body lacked 'ying'!! Anyways, hope you ladies are doing ok!! Peartree, injectsdo get easier as you continue!! Brooklyn1 hows the 2ww going? When do you test??

Caline, i agree with you... No matter what the 'appropriate' term of reference, a loss is still a loss! I cannot begin to imagine what you are feeling, but want you to know that my thoughts are with you!

Can I suggest something on this thread, can we please keep this thread about IVF/ICSI questions, people going through cycles, upcoming cycles and so forth. This thread is open to the public and if we find particular reponses difficult to handle then it might be best used by having your own journal. This way u only have a few people replying and have all the support u wish. Journals are very useful in the 2ww and you can say anything u like without any one getting offended.

Hi ladies!thanks to Peartree and Brooklyn1 for your good wishes!had scan today and folicles growing!yay!!! They are now 16 mm on average! Next scan monday,will find out wen EC will take place then!still low on folicle count, only about 6! But im happy that at least its more than the 3 the clinic require for continuation of cycle! Have also been for accupuncture,hopefully this is making my body respond to stimm better! Acupunturist said my body lacked 'ying'!! Anyways, hope you ladies are doing ok!! Peartree, injectsdo get easier as you continue!! Brooklyn1 hows the 2ww going? When do you test??

QUOTE]

Hey Breeze, it looks like we are similar in our cycles. I had a scan too today and my next scan is monday. My ec is on wednesday.

Breeze, so glad your follicles have grown. Hope they keep going and you get some good ones at EC next week.

Dilek, good luck for your growing follies as well. Exciting stuff.

Peartree, I had some mishaps my first few days mixing and injecting the stims too- which I think is normal. Most of us have never given shots before! Glad things are going smoothly now.

I'm in the second half of the tww and it's tough! The days are crawling by, and every twinge and pain feels like either the embie implanting or AF coming...

I agree Dilek, I joined this thread and no one seemed to notice ;-(. Anyway ordered my drugs and have an appointment for 24th feb for needle training and first down regging
injection. Also looking in to acupucture but it's expensive anyones views on this will be helpful x Its nice to see people of here doing well and fingers crossed for some for bfp's to come out of here x

oneday , if u have private insurance you may be covered for acu but not for FERTILITY, so you will have to say its for something else..

Breeze - :happydance: that the follies have grown - when is EC?

Dilek - Hope your follies increase, and they find nice big fat juicy ones on Monday. My acupuncturist said that I lacked yin too and this is associated with a need to tonify the kidney - gave me a list of food to help, but tbh, it looks like just normal healthy eating stuff. Did your acupuncturist give you a list of foods?

Will anyone else here be going for an acu session before and after ET? My acupuncturist recommended this, but as she's over an hour's drive from the clinic in the other direction to my house, I'm not sure if I'd find it more relaxing to just 'be' after transfer. :wacko:

Brooklyn and Muncho - hope the 2WW flies by for you! I look forward to hearing your good news. :hugs:

Oneday - welcome to the thread. :hugs: Acupuncture for me costs £40 per session and DH and I have one a week. We've worked out that we can pay a small mortgage monthly with the amount we're spending. It stacks up, but I'm willing to forgo other luxuries if it means it helps with our TTC. At this point, we're willing to try anything. I haven't looked into our private medical insurance, because I know that fertility issues aren't covered.

Can I suggest something on this thread, can we please keep this thread about IVF/ICSI questions, people going through cycles, upcoming cycles and so forth. This thread is open to the public and if we find particular reponses difficult to handle then it might be best used by having your own journal. This way u only have a few people replying and have all the support u wish. Journals are very useful in the 2ww and you can say anything u like without any one getting offended.

I have to admit Dilek, i think this thread has kind of lost its purpose, its been going for some time now and i actually unsubscribed a few weeks back cos i didnt rcognise any of the old faces and found some people used the thread like a journal of their IVF/ICSI as you say. I also found that sometimes on here people who have good egg counts, good fertilisation etc etc forget that their are some people who havent had such great cycels and reading how many thousands of billion eggs and frosties people have is sometimes not very fair and should be kept to journals :) xx

I agree Dilek, I joined this thread and no one seemed to notice ;-(. Anyway ordered my drugs and have an appointment for 24th feb for needle training and first down regging
injection. Also looking in to acupucture but it's expensive anyones views on this will be helpful x Its nice to see people of here doing well and fingers crossed for some for bfp's to come out of here x

Hey chic, well i never did accupunture just cos of the cost really, tis pretty exspensive, all i could think of was that money will go to the ICSI haha, i think some people swear by it though as it helps them relax, i was always pretty relaxed through cycles so didnt really fell the need. I prefered to exercise for relaxation as well as losing a bit of weight, and eating healthy, cutting down on caffine etc all helps too......at the end of the day i reakon if it is going to work it will work. Good luck hun, all comes to those who wait :) xxx

I have to admit Dilek, i think this thread has kind of lost its purpose, its been going for some time now and i actually unsubscribed a few weeks back cos i didnt rcognise any of the old faces and found some people used the thread like a journal of their IVF/ICSI as you say. I also found that sometimes on here people who have good egg counts, good fertilisation etc etc forget that their are some people who havent had such great cycels and reading how many thousands of billion eggs and frosties people have is sometimes not very fair and should be kept to journals :) xx

My point exactly. This thread was started back in May last year and it was to learn or ask a question. It is basically a thread that if anyone reads up on can understand the iVF process and the basic issues we might have. Ie injection issues and start dates, what scans are about and so forth. Ie explanation of egg quality, what happens at ec and so forth.

I applaud you for talking the truth, although might be hurtful to others. Regarding the explantion of chemical and miscarriage terms. But if other girls read this thread it has be informative and straight to the point.

Please refrain from it becoming a huge journal of everyones IVF journey.

Please use JOURNALS!!!!

Well Chocci, I hope you continue to come in here to share your knowledge.

I agree that this thread has a different feel to it than it did Summer last year (although I never posted then), but think it still serves as a useful meeting point for everyone going through IVF. I also go on the Jan/Feb IVF thread but find that most people there are a lot further on than me and just waiting on good news now.

Oh, Hopesforababy - I just saw your earlier post - we're very close together in our cycles if you're starting d-regging today - I started on Tuesday, so only 4 days before you! When is scheduled EC for you?

Dilek,i mite hav EC on weds too!!! yay! Wel be EC buddies!
About accupuncture,ive heard about having itbe4 ET and after ET, some clinical research has been done, searching on net though seems mixd reviews for it! Ive had to restrict my sessions due to cost,so bookd on 4 sessions in total, 1 last thurs,1 mon, and then on day of ET one before and after! My clinic had some leaflets of people who give it and they were close to vlinic. U can always ask at the clinic. Im finding it very heavy in my lower ab area.has anyone else had this? Feels like a lot of pressure and find going to the loo not v comfy. Is this common ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->