4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Can I suggest something on this thread, can we please keep this thread about IVF/ICSI questions, people going through cycles, upcoming cycles and so forth. This thread is open to the public and if we find particular reponses difficult to handle then it might be best used by having your own journal. This way u only have a few people replying and have all the support u wish. Journals are very useful in the 2ww and you can say anything u like without any one getting offended.

I have to admit Dilek, i think this thread has kind of lost its purpose, its been going for some time now and i actually unsubscribed a few weeks back cos i didnt rcognise any of the old faces and found some people used the thread like a journal of their IVF/ICSI as you say. I also found that sometimes on here people who have good egg counts, good fertilisation etc etc forget that their are some people who havent had such great cycels and reading how many thousands of billion eggs and frosties people have is sometimes not very fair and should be kept to journals :) xx

When I was having my cycle I was the only one of the girls of this thread actually stimming, having egg collection etc. I shared my experiences with those about to start, and they were keen to hear my outcome etc. I was in no way boasting about the fact that I had a great cycle. This thread is for those of is who are having treatment, and there are specific threads for those who have finishsed their treatment, and have been sucessful. Maybe it would be more appropriate for people to stick to their relevant threads.
I have been finding this thread particularly supportive and informative up until now, and hope I can continue to share experiences and offer support to those of us who are still persuing treatment, and have not had the sucess that you yourself have already had.

Enough said, end of.

Can I suggest something on this thread, can we please keep this thread about IVF/ICSI questions, people going through cycles, upcoming cycles and so forth. This thread is open to the public and if we find particular reponses difficult to handle then it might be best used by having your own journal. This way u only have a few people replying and have all the support u wish. Journals are very useful in the 2ww and you can say anything u like without any one getting offended.

I have to admit Dilek, i think this thread has kind of lost its purpose, its been going for some time now and i actually unsubscribed a few weeks back cos i didnt rcognise any of the old faces and found some people used the thread like a journal of their IVF/ICSI as you say. I also found that sometimes on here people who have good egg counts, good fertilisation etc etc forget that their are some people who havent had such great cycels and reading how many thousands of billion eggs and frosties people have is sometimes not very fair and should be kept to journals :) xx

When I was having my cycle I was the only one of the girls of this thread actually stimming, having egg collection etc. I shared my experiences with those about to start, and they were keen to hear my outcome etc. I was in no way boasting about the fact that I had a great cycle. This thread is for those of is who are having treatment, and there are specific threads for those who have finishsed their treatment, and have been sucessful. Maybe it would be more appropriate for people to stick to their relevant threads.
I have been finding this thread particularly supportive and informative up until now, and hope I can continue to share experiences and offer support to those of us who are still persuing treatment, and have not had the sucess that you yourself have already had.

Just to point out, i had a number of failures before my success and they were just as harsh as yours!!

I WAS trying to be supportive of you. YOU chose to not take my words in that way. Like i say, your choice how you interpret words.

I know what this thread is about, i was a member before you, i chose not to come on here and to actually unsubscribe for a while since i found the thread bogged down with general chit chat about how well people are doing and it had lost its purpose, which was as Dilek said to provide people with a point to ask questions and support and EDUCATE each other about IVF.

I wont be bothering sharing my knowledge anymore since for some reason even if i say something positive, like "a chemical pregnancy is a good sign" you dont want to listen.

The end, i am not getting into some great debate with you, finding it rather silly when all i tried to do was help you and explain to you!!!

Just to point out, i had a number of failures before my success and they were just as harsh as yours!!

I WAS trying to be supportive of you. YOU chose to not take my words in that way. Like i say, your choice how you interpret words.

I know what this thread is about, i was a member before you, i chose not to come on here and to actually unsubscribe for a while since i found the thread bogged down with general chit chat about how well people are doing and it had lost its purpose, which was as Dilek said to provide people with a point to ask questions and support and EDUCATE each other about IVF.

I wont be bothering sharing my knowledge anymore since for some reason even if i say something positive, like "a chemical pregnancy is a good sign" you dont want to listen.

The end, i am not getting into some great debate with you, finding it rather silly when all i tried to do was help you and explain to you!!!

Ladies, i feel responsible for this. I want to apologise for asking the question in the 1st place.
I will stick to asking these kind of quesions in journals. So sorry.

Not your fault at all muncho!! Wish i had never tried to help Caline by trying to explain miscarriage to her!! Wont be bothering explaining anything to anyone anymore apart from those who ask me or who come to my journal. :)

Ladies.. maybe I should step in..as I started this thread :flower:

This thread is a supportive thread, to share yoru journey, experiences and feelings as you go through IVF... no question is a bad question or airing your feelings is fine too.... we are all here to support eachother... I think this has all been blown way out of proportion and I would hate to see it close as it has offered support to so many ladies over the last few months...

Please lets just be kind to eachother, no need for arguments, understand this is more difficult for some than others ...and supportive as this is such a tough process...

Good luck ladies and keep smilng :flower:

Thanks for stepping in Lilly. I just wanted to say that I hope we can support each other, give information, and talk about our cycles all at the same time....I started reading this thread long before I started IVF, and my impression was that it was an incredible thread for learning about IVF, but also cheering each other on, comforting each other when things don't go well. I found that to be the case during my IVF cycle. I hope that we can share the different twists and turns of our experiences without feeling embarrassed but also being sensitive that others may not have the same experience. For me, I have come here to report the good and hard parts of my journey so far, and I hope I would be able to also come here to get support if this doesn't work.

Ladies.. maybe I should step in..as I started this thread :flower:

This thread is a supportive thread, to share yoru journey, experiences and feelings as you go through IVF... no question is a bad question or airing your feelings is fine too.... we are all here to support eachother... I think this has all been blown way out of proportion and I would hate to see it close as it has offered support to so many ladies over the last few months...

Please lets just be kind to eachother, no need for arguments, understand this is more difficult for some than others ...and supportive as this is such a tough process...

Good luck ladies and keep smilng :flower:

Couldn't have said it better Lilly xx

I think it would be such a shame for the mods to close this thread due to misunderstandings. I know I have been VERY lucky to have moved on from here but I am still so grateful for all the support I got here and all the friends I have made. I actually think it is a good thing to see who is at what stage, and I think the updates on the front page are great (thanks lilly again!)

In my opinion, very few people in the real world understand this process and to have girls on here who are doing and feeling the same as you is, I think, invaluable. Going through IVF is one of the hardest things we will ever do and the love, support and friendship of people on here makes it all a little more bearable.

I am sorry if people think us "graduates" stopping by here is insensitve, I am just keen to offer my advice an support to those of you still on your journey.

A big welcome to all newbies and lots of love and luck to all. :flower:

Kath xx

Couldn't have said it better Lilly xx

I think it would be such a shame for the mods to close this thread due to misunderstandings. I know I have been VERY lucky to have moved on from here but I am still so grateful for all the support I got here and all the friends I have made. I actually think it is a good thing to see who is at what stage, and I think the updates on the front page are great (thanks lilly again!)

In my opinion, very few people in the real world understand this process and to have girls on here who are doing and feeling the same as you is, I think, invaluable. Going through IVF is one of the hardest things we will ever do and the love, support and friendship of people on here makes it all a little more bearable.

I am sorry if people think us "graduates" stopping by here is insensitve, I am just keen to offer my advice an support to those of you still on your journey.

A big welcome to all newbies and lots of love and luck to all. :flower:

Kath xx

Couldnt agree more hun, i actually felt a bit like that, feel like just cos i have (only just) graduated myself my opinion was not wanted, i am still shit scared as only early days for me as i am sure you will appreciate only too well. This 3ww for the 7 week scan is even worse than the 2ww if you ask me. I wanted to still hang around the LTTTC threads to offer support, advice and experience too, but dont feel i can now which is a shame. I wouldnt want this thread closed at all as it helps a lot of people meet and make friends. Never mind, misunderstandings happen, i bare no grudges haha :) xx

OMG..........sooooo hows everyone doing?

MissMonty have you tested yet? Brooklyn, Muncho? ......Really looking forward to some good results here. XX

I started down regging today!! Very exciting for me!!

But a question about the injections........ I can get them in my stomach or upper thigh. My husband decided to give it to me this morning, trying in my stomach. He couldn't get the needle in! He said he was trying to be easy, so pushed harder a second try, and it still wouldn't go in. So we tried with me laying on the couch. Still no luck! We then did upper thigh, which went in easily. I barely felt it. Did anyone else have a similiar experience? I'm a little concerned that when I start stimming I'll be giving myself three injections all in the upper thigh. I was hoping that I would have a variety of places to choose from when it came to me giving myself more than one a day.

MissMonty have you tested yet? Brooklyn, Muncho? ......Really looking forward to some good results here. XX

Yes, back to business. How are you all doing in 2ww? Have everything crossed for you girls XXX

But a question about the injections........ I can get them in my stomach or upper thigh. My husband decided to give it to me this morning, trying in my stomach. He couldn't get the needle in! He said he was trying to be easy, so pushed harder a second try, and it still wouldn't go in. So we tried with me laying on the couch. Still no luck! We then did upper thigh, which went in easily. I barely felt it. Did anyone else have a similiar experience? I'm a little concerned that when I start stimming I'll be giving myself three injections all in the upper thigh. I was hoping that I would have a variety of places to choose from when it came to me giving myself more than one a day.

Hi, i dont know which injections you are using, but generally its easier to put in the stomach as there is more fat tissue there. But as long as you can use them in your thigh then i dont see a problem with that. Your actual needle should be small enough not to hurt but we all atke to these differently.
If you are worried thne its best to ring your clinic?

Yes, back to business. How are you all doing in 2ww? Have everything crossed for you girls XXX

hi caline. Im ok, i dont have any symptoms (which i know is early ) so sometimes i feel a bit paranoid that nothing is working BUT most of the time im positive and im grateful i got this far with only 1 egg!

Dont give up on the tummy, i had a few days where i couldnt get it in my tummy and then after the 3rd day of going insane it went in easily. My tummy was going well until last night, so i think sometimes its ok and other days i cant get it in. I think stay away from the belly button, 3 inches away and it should go in easier. I think hesitating might make it harder. But im there with you hun. Keep trying im sure it will get easier.

Hello, just a quick update - it was my offical testing date today but sadly it was negative, I was up @ 6.30am this morning all excited did 2 tests both negative and this afternoon got my period. So thats me out this time :cry:

Not sure whats going to happen next, will phone CARE tomorrow to let them know. Only got 1 little frozen embie so DH and I think we may do a whole new cycle, but first we're going to have some time out and go on holiday.

I wish you all lots of luck and hope that you all have good news to announce very soon x

Hello, just a quick update - it was my offical testing date today but sadly it was negative, I was up @ 6.30am this morning all excited did 2 tests both negative and this afternoon got my period. So thats me out this time :cry:

Not sure whats going to happen next, will phone CARE tomorrow to let them know. Only got 1 little frozen embie so DH and I think we may do a whole new cycle, but first we're going to have some time out and go on holiday.

I wish you all lots of luck and hope that you all have good news to announce very soon x

im really sorryto hear this, i cnat imagine how disappointed you must feel

Missmonty, so sorry to hear your news :hugs:

Hopes, i had a real mental block with injecting in my stomach!! I found my leg easier but OMG did it bruise!! Hope if gets easier for you hun.

:hugs: to all.

xx

Hi ladies..

Hopesforababy... i found it easier on my tummy and harder on my legs... lots of bruising, but found that the bruising gets better as you go and now i dont have as much bruising... a good tip for legs i find is to sit down on a chair ad have the outside of the thigh hanging over the chair, makes it easier to find the 'fat' to put the injection in. ive also tried numbing the area with some ice or flicking it with my finger to slightly numb the area. both work for me... hope they work for you!

MissMonty... im so sorry to hear that this cycle didnt work out! My thoughts are with you!

Dilek, how are u feeling? Im pretty nervous for me scan tomorrow!!! i hope that they say i can have EC on weds... i was a slow starter with my follicles, so it could be that things are delayed further with EC on friday.

Any tips ladies for preparation of EC??? i know that its no perfume etc on the day but any other advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

MissMonty, I am so sorry that this hasn't worked for you. You must be so disappointed. :hugs::hugs::hugs: That little frostie just might be the one though, so try and stay hopefully. When will you go on holiday? Where abouts?

Any tips ladies for preparation of EC??? i know that its no perfume etc on the day but any other advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Eat a big meal and plenty of fluids the eve before, assuming you have to be nil by mouth from midnight. Get some paracetamol in, just incase you are sore (they gave me some straight after as I had period pain type pain), and drink, drink, drink afterwards, to avoid chance of OHSS. And get ready for the pleasures of pessaries! lol So,maybe weds for egg collection?

Muncho, it is hard just waiting and analysing every twinge etc, hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->