4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Thanks ladies! I'm just paranoid that I'm going to screw something up. I actually gave myself the injection this morning in the stomach without much difficulty. Not sure what DH's problem was yesterday.

Miss Monty, so sorry about your results.

For EC, I've also been told no deodorant or scented lotions.

I found tummy much easier and less sore. I think doing it faster helps, almost like throwing a dart, straight in with the needle, quite fast. The release the drug. Found the leg really sore the once I tired it, so stuck to the tummy.

It does get easier, then just as you really get the knack, its time to stop, lol.

I agree- inject fast! I started doing them in my thigh, but when I switched to my stomach I found it easier and I got less irritated there.

Question- what side effects did people have from the progesterone? For the past two days I've had really bad stomach cramps and just general soreness and tenderness in my stomach/uterus area. Could be AF cramps coming, but doesn't feel quite like that.

I'm just a few days away from testing now. I'm definitely feeling nervous and not getting my hopes up- this achy feeling is making me think AF is might be coming...I hope not.

Hello, just a quick update - it was my offical testing date today but sadly it was negative, I was up @ 6.30am this morning all excited did 2 tests both negative and this afternoon got my period. So thats me out this time :cry:

Not sure whats going to happen next, will phone CARE tomorrow to let them know. Only got 1 little frozen embie so DH and I think we may do a whole new cycle, but first we're going to have some time out and go on holiday.

I wish you all lots of luck and hope that you all have good news to announce very soon x

Hi Missmonty,
I'm so sorry about the test. :hugs: I hope you're doing something to pamper yourself this weekend.
Sounds good to take a holiday before starting fresh with a new cycle. You will get there!

Question- what side effects did people have from the progesterone? For the past two days I've had really bad stomach cramps and just general soreness and tenderness in my stomach/uterus area. Could be AF cramps coming, but doesn't feel quite like that.

I'm just a few days away from testing now. I'm definitely feeling nervous and not getting my hopes up- this achy feeling is making me think AF is might be coming...I hope not.

I couldn't really mention any specific side effects of the progesterone, but I did wake up twice in one night on cold sweats, literally had it running off of me. I also had cramps like period pains a few day before testing and getting bfp, so try and stay positive. I think early pregnancy symptoms are so similar to AF its hard to tell which is which.

When do you do your test?

I couldn't really mention any specific side effects of the progesterone, but I did wake up twice in one night on cold sweats, literally had it running off of me. I also had cramps like period pains a few day before testing and getting bfp, so try and stay positive. I think early pregnancy symptoms are so similar to AF its hard to tell which is which.

When do you do your test?

Completely agree - night sweats, really thirsty, low cramps and really sore boobs. Such a confusing mix of pg and af signs!

FX for you hun xx

Thanks ladies. I'm due to test Thursday the 18th. All of these symptoms are so confusing. I've had the worst stomach cramps the past two days, almost like gas is trapped in my abdomen- I honestly don't know what it is. But I'm also getting the other symptoms too- sore boobs, thirsty, lower cramps so who knows (by the way Muncho, I don't think these symptoms come up at first, probably just from the accumulation of progesterone in your system, so might happen to you in a few days). This is so mysterious, and I'm just trying to hang on for these next few days.

Your stomach cramps and windy feeling sounds very similar to the OHSS I had. I initially thought I was bloated with wind. Pop onto some scales, if you have any, just to see if you are accumulating fluid at all. Fluid is quite heavy so you would weigh more.
Thirst can also be a sign, as the OHSS can draw fluid from your circulation in to your abdominal tissue. Drink loads.
It may not be at all though. Maybe give your clinic a call?

Hey guys

Just wanted to say :wave:
I've been in LTTTC for about 18 months now and we are due to start BCP as part of our long protocol in 2 weeks time - i'm getting excited and all practical thinking is flying out the window!

Just a quickie... i know some of you stim in your tummy/thigh - my FS has said its to be done in the thigh - do you know why the difference? p.s. i have plenty of fat to grab hold of if that makes it less painful :rofl:

Hey guys

I've been in LTTTC for about 18 months now and we are due to start BCP as part of our long protocol in 2 weeks time - i'm getting excited and all practical thinking is flying out the window!

Just a quickie... i know some of you stim in your tummy/thigh - my FS has said its to be done in the thigh - do you know why the difference? p.s. i have plenty of fat to grab hold of if that makes it less painful :rofl:

Hey gorgeous girl!! I was told I oculd inject anywhere but they didn't recommend arm cos it is hard to keep the needle straight at that angle. Might be why yours has said leg?? Can't see it matters where it goes tbh!!

xx

Hey Kath!
How's that gorgeous bump of yours? Now don't forget to keep my seat warm ok??
Well i have heard that tummy is less sore and less bruising... not that i have catwalk model legs so a bit of bruising will be fine :rofl:
Think the jabs are gonna be down to DH... thank heavens i only have to sniff to DR!!!xx

Hey Kath!
Well i have heard that tummy is less sore and less bruising... not that i have catwalk model legs so a bit of bruising will be fine :rofl:
Think the jabs are gonna be down to DH... thank heavens i only have to sniff to DR!!!xx

We're doing fine. Decorating the nursery this half term. New bump pics in my journal, same pj's though!!!! :rofl:

Am DEF keeping a seat for you, having no problems, the size of my arse is covering them both!!

Yeah, def less brusing and less painful in stomach. Do you get an epipen thing for injections ? If so, it's a breeze, promise!

xx

Welcome Rach!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Tummy was best for me.. its not sore.. u get used to it...

So excited for u honey xxxx

:hugs::hugs:

Hey guys

Hi Rachelle, welcome to the thread.
The stimming is a sub-cut injection so can be done in tummy, thigh, arm, etc. I did one in my thigh and it was sore, so I recommend tummy. Do it quite quickly, like a dart, whcih helps it not to be sore.
Good luck for your cycle

Hey Kath!

it shouldnt really matter but its less painful in the tummy as its a fatty area.
i prefer tummy but some people prefer thighs!

help please...

today is 6 days since EC and i have mucus...i dont normally get this after ov. I ahve read this could happen after or during implantation....
anyone know about this. I know its not a definate sign

Thanks

help please...

today is 6 days since EC and i have mucus...i dont normally get this after ov. I ahve read this could happen after or during implantation....
anyone know about this. I know its not a definate sign

Thanks

Not really sure hun but I know that since being pg, I've had TONNES!!! FX xx

Thanks guys - when i spoke to the FS they were adamant about it going in the thigh (epi-pen) - i will deffo have a chat to them about other options when i go to my scan. Hubby is getting excited at the chance to stab me every day... sadistic b*gger!!

Kath... i love your PJs :rofl:

Well hopefully by the time i'm visiting this thread more frequently... most of your girls will be over in first try.... Kath's bum is allegedly so large she is able to keep numerous seats warm :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->