4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Well, today was the day of our scan and i have been worrying for ages that something would go wrong and... it could not have gone better!

We didn't have to see our usual miserable doctor and went straight in to see the nurse. She was lovely. We sat down and went through some details with her and then asked some questions. The test results for Shaylee were inconclusive since they tried to grow the skin cells and the muscle but it didnt grow so that was that. I then asked her what would happen if the FET didn't work and how long we would have to wait again. Expecting them to say "another month or two" she said "straight away if you like as soon as you receive your AF!" I'm like "WHAT???" OMG thats fantastic and right there and then she gave us a new short 10 day protocol for a fresh cycle of ivf/icsi and printed out our meds prescription.... just like that! She said if the FET doesn't work then go and get the meds and start jabbing on CD1. So basically if FET doesn't work we go straight onto a frsh cycle, no waiting, we just have to call the hospital to let them know we are on CD1.

With regards to the FET, well next I went for my scan. She took some measurements... we don't do millimetres and stuff at that hospital its simple, its either "good" or "bad" lol.

She said "Oooh your ovaries are big" i asked if that was bad and she said "no... no... thats really good. She checked everything else and said everything looked great! I'm on CD 12 today and she said that was perfect. I asked about the embryos and she said they normally do a 4 days transfer... that they try to use a 3 day normally or a 4 day but prefer for them not to get to the blast stage. She said if some progress too quick though they do get to blast stage (not ideal) but not too bad an outcome. So I have been given a prescription for Pregnyl. I will have to take this injection at 7pm tonight and it will be a one off injection only. FET is on Thursday 13th may and she seemed optimistic that because we got 6 eggs and all fertilized that the thawing should go well. Sometime today they will call OH and tell him what time we need to go to the clinic on Thursday. FET's will be taken out the night before and slowly defrosted.

I'm so happy and so relieved... When we left the Pharmacy I was holding the bag with my injection for this evening so tight it was like I was holding a bag of goldust! lol

So we have two chances now and no waiting and i'm a right happy bunny! It will make it easier for me if FET doesn't work to be able to go straight onto the ivf and at least have some hope!

Wow Sammy! ET is going to be the same day as me providing my EC and fertilisation goes ok on Monday! :) We can count the 2ww together!! x

Wow Sammy! ET is going to be the same day as me providing my EC and fertilisation goes ok on Monday! :) We can count the 2ww together!! x

Thanks ladies...

Really? Yup its on Thursday for sure. They are going to call us Thursday morning to let us know if the thaw went ok and if so we will go in that day to have whatever transferred. We only have two embies but they said that they were good ones so fingers crossed they thaw ok. How many are you defrosting?

How does it work with testing? If the embies are 3-4 days old do you take that off the 2WW (14 days)? What day will you be testing on? :hugs:

edit just noticed you are on a fresh cycle!!!

sammy thats is brilliant news. cant believe how quick they have sorted it out for you. the best of luck with it hun. hope mine goes through as quick as yours once they get all the results of mine and hubbys tests. i hate all this waiting. xxxxx

Yeh mine will hopefully be a fresh cycle.

My official date is 27th may to test. I think I will be testing sooner. perhaps 6-9days past a 3 day transfer. xx

Just wanted to wish everyone on here the very best of luck....

Its a nervous time for us all, FET IVF whatever.... our one off injection is now in there although i have no idea what its for and im so happy i dont even care.

Of course being a POAS addict i will be testing early and then convincing myself its neg because its too early... oh well it entertains me. lol.

I have a batch of EC's and a digi all waiting here although im pretty peed off cos the last batch brought up a positive the other month and then a negative so that did my head in but as most have said it must have been a chemical being such a strong line. i will only be doing the digi if i get a string positive since we must have cleared about a thousand euros on tests/preseed/ov tests/digis/ cough mixture/supplements/ vitamins you name it in the last 3 years! ha ha.

God please give me a break this time... we have been through ENOUGH! :wacko:

Sammy, that's sooooo exciting!! Got everything crossed for you hun. I counted from EC day, so yeah I'd take the 3/4 days off for testing.

Have done a couple of updates ladies, if I've missed anyone, please let me know.

Kath
xx

EC tomorrow morning for me! Any tips Ladies? Mine is done under seddation! Time has gone sooooo quickly!
On way home now after work to mow the lawn( the lady garden) and get my stuff ready!

gdluck with ec brumbar im sure it'l b ok, i carnt remeber much of mine lol, its just the 2ww it drove me up the wall, just make sure u rest n drink plenty

Brumbar - Good luck for tomorrow!!xxx

Mrs G - How you feeling? Not long now hun!!! xxx

Yeh mine will hopefully be a fresh cycle.

My official date is 27th may to test. I think I will be testing sooner. perhaps 6-9days past a 3 day transfer. xx

I think I will too... I have never waited until the OTD!!! :blush:

brumbar - good luck for tomoz hun and hope you get lots of little eggies xx

brumbar - Good luck for tomorrow XXXXX

Sammy - I'm keeping everything crossed for you, this is your time, I can feel it xxx

I'm still at clinic, got o ut of theatre 20 min ago...
9 eggies! Not bad for a mild IVF! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->