4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Yay Beckic! Glad it has all started for you and that the first injection was a breeze!!! :)

OK - after crowing yesterday about how easy the injection was - was obviously far tooo cocky about it this morning - and think I might have done it wrong. When i jabbed the needle in - it sort of went at a bit of an angle rather than 90 degrees - and it hurt much more. Seen as I was pinching my skin together- do you think there is a chance that if i went in at an angle I would inject into the skin on the other side where I was pinching rather than injecting underneath the skin? does that make sense? How thick is your skin - i have no idea??
the skin underneath the injection site has gone all swollen?:hissy::hissy:
Bugger!!! I suppose if i do one wrong out of 14 theres no harm done?:dohh::dohh:
Will definitely be more careful tomorrow.

Tanya - you are sooo brave - woud rather have 14 of my jabs that a thick needle in my belly btton any day of the week - I would have run out of there!

Not long to go now Mendy before IVF appt!!!:happydance:

Akcher - hows things going with the fertilization hun?

Rbaker - hope you are looking forward to acupuncture tomorrow.

Mrs G :hugs::hugs:

Bx x

Hey girls, hope you're all ok.

Bec, hope the injections go ok tomorrow. x

Mendy, what is your app for? Is to actually start treatment?

can't wait to be joining you all

xxx

Hi girls, I tried to stay off my feet for 3 days. I am going to start testing tomorrow :p 10 DPO. I have been staying off caffeine and I try to eat not healthy. I have been feeling twinges in my uterus area. I had some pain in my lower stomach after the egg retrieval. The doctor said it's the ovaries shrinking. Other than that I don't feel any different.

Beckic - I found that rotating injecting areas will help with the pain. Make sure you hold the needle still and rub the area after. Good luck with your injection tonight! Hope it will be pain free.

Tanya - That made me twinge! You are one brave woman. Glad you got through it ok. I hate needles. I know what you mean about the hot flashes. The morning of the ET I woke up covered in sweat, eww!

rbaker - Good luck hun! Hope the accupuncture will give you an edge. The FSH shots are not so bad, it's a tiny little needle. The first shot was the scary one for me. I had to have my hubby do it. After that I did it myself.

Mendy - Good luck on your IVF appt! It's getting close :D

Mrs G - I hope you join us soon too :D

Hiya

Akcher- fingers crossed for you hun for the test. Let us know how it goes. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

injection was fine again this morning - so think I have got the hang of it now and yesterday was just a little blip. Thanks Mrs G for the good wishes.

How you feeling Tanya - any side effects yet? I'm fine so far - injections not even bruising.

Hope everyone is OK - and looking forward to a good weekend.
:hug::hug::hug:to everyone.

Bx x x

Well I had my acupuncture today. It was a breeze. I didn't feel a thing and it was very relaxing. I will have 2 appts per week while doing stims then we will work out a schedule for the retrieval and transfer. I changed clinics at the last minute to an acupuncture clinic that specializes in fertilty treatments. They are so booked they had to work me in. I was soooo happy about it. :happydance::happydance:

Akcher- glad you were able to rest after your transfer, keeping my fingers crossed for your results.

Beckic - glad your injections are still going well. How many injections do you take per day? I am scheduled for 2 or 3 per day. Yuck!!!

Everyone else I hope you are doing well with your cycles.

Hi all

I am back and well.. no symptoms so far!!

Well done Beckic on injections.. sorry it is a bit swollen but it will go down.. you are doing so well.

Good luck RBaker.. u will be the first to get a BFP!!!

Dilek and Mrs T got their BFPs so we need to keep up with May IVF and all the successes!!!

Mr G - u will be joining us soon xxxx

Good luck Mendy xxxx

Good luck girls!

I stop BCP on Monday and go for baseline scan next friday.. then i start Gonal F.. all moving so fast now..

:hug:

Hi girls, I tried to stay off my feet for 3 days. I am going to start testing tomorrow :p 10 DPO. I have been staying off caffeine and I try to eat not healthy. I have been feeling twinges in my uterus area. I had some pain in my lower stomach after the egg retrieval. The doctor said it's the ovaries shrinking. Other than that I don't feel any different.

Beckic - I found that rotating injecting areas will help with the pain. Make sure you hold the needle still and rub the area after. Good luck with your injection tonight! Hope it will be pain free.

Tanya - That made me twinge! You are one brave woman. Glad you got through it ok. I hate needles. I know what you mean about the hot flashes. The morning of the ET I woke up covered in sweat, eww!

rbaker - Good luck hun! Hope the accupuncture will give you an edge. The FSH shots are not so bad, it's a tiny little needle. The first shot was the scary one for me. I had to have my hubby do it. After that I did it myself.

Mendy - Good luck on your IVF appt! It's getting close :D

Mrs G - I hope you join us soon too :D

Oops.... sorry.. u will be the first to get a BFP!! U are way ahead of us :happydance::happydance:

Good luck hun :hugs:

Well I had my acupuncture today. It was a breeze. I didn't feel a thing and it was very relaxing. I will have 2 appts per week while doing stims then we will work out a schedule for the retrieval and transfer. I changed clinics at the last minute to an acupuncture clinic that specializes in fertilty treatments. They are so booked they had to work me in. I was soooo happy about it. :happydance::happydance:

Akcher- glad you were able to rest after your transfer, keeping my fingers crossed for your results.

Beckic - glad your injections are still going well. How many injections do you take per day? I am scheduled for 2 or 3 per day. Yuck!!!

Everyone else I hope you are doing well with your cycles.

Hi Hun

thats brilliant news - I am on one buserelin injection a day at the mo as down reggin - which I have till the 25th June then hopefully can start gonal F to stimm and will have that plus the bureserlin a day - so only two a day at the worst - not sure my stomach could take three a day - you poor thing???

Acupuncture sounds lovely - glad it doesnt hurt - as although the injections are fine - I cant really face the thought of even more needles at the mo - I am going to sign up for the recommended four treatments at my clinic - one in the middle of stimming, one right before transfer and one right after and one in TWW - would like more but the hospital (acupuncture clinic is part of my hospital) is so far from home that I cant be bothered to keep on traveling over there. - i might see if I can find somewhere a bit closer to home? Did yours say that two a week whilst stimming gave you a better chance?

When do you start hun?

Bx x x :hugs::hugs:

OMG Tanya - I cant believe how quickly it is coming around - stimming for you and rbaker next week - Akcher already close to testing - you'll be pregnant before we know it!!!!!:happydance::happydance:
:hug::hug::hug:to all,

Bx x x

I start my stimms as soon as the :witch: shows her ugly face. Of course if I wasn't waiting on her to show she would have been here yesterday. I can tell she is right around the corner though. I am so ready to get this show on the road that I really want her to show now.

The clinic did recommend 2 acupuncture treatments per week while stimming it helps your body deal with the extra harmones and any discomfort. It is also supposed to help your ovaries produce better follicles. Keeping my fingers crossed for that.

Girls today is 10DPO and I have been testing. Still negative. Seeing the negative test is so depressing. Hope is draining away. Sorry to be such a downer.

Girls today is 10DPO and I have been testing. Still negative. Seeing the negative test is so depressing. Hope is draining away. Sorry to be such a downer.

Oh honey.. hang in there.. try not to test till test date if possible... Wannabemum only got her BFP at 13DPO... good luck hun

xxxx

Hi akcher,
I know it must be depressing and worrying to see that BFN, but it is still so early. Hang in there and don't lose hope! :hugs::hugs:

Hello ladies,
Just dropping by to read updates. Looks like we are all doing good and are well on our way to our BFP's. :happydance::happydance:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

:hug:

Oh hun - it is still early so there is time - I remember wannabmum saying the same thing - your official testing date is my birthday - so will wish for a BFP for you when I blow out the candles.:hugs:

Bx x x

Hope everyone is ok.

Akcher, there is plenty of time left for your :bfp:yet. xx

Am gonna ask a couple of dumb, IVF virgin questions so please be patient!!

Can someone talk me through the whole process...... I've gotta ring clinic on first day of af for bloods but other than that they've not told me what to expect. Wannabmum gave me a run down of her procedures but now I read rbaker starting stims with :witch: and quite frankly i'm confused!!!!!! Clinic have said 6 - 8 weeks from bloods to ET.

Also..... I have a short LP (max 10 days at the mo) and I'm worried this will affect chances of bean sticking after IVF. Do you have meds after ET? Does :witch: arrive like normal after???

So many questions.....

Thanks (and sorry!!)

Kath
xx

Hi hun

My protocol was to start birth control on 2nd day of AF.. then on CD 10 had once off down regg injection... then i stop birth control tomorrow which is CD 16 and then i should get my AF in next 3/4 days - then i am meant to start stimms on friday.... my estimated EC is 1st week of July.. so from start to finish.. my protocol is about 5-6 weeks...

Also.. they will give you progesterone which will help with your luteal phase.. I always still got AF with progesterone anyway!

Good luck hun

xxxx

Thanks hun. So basically your normal cycle goes out the window when on meds? After ET, if it's not successful (FX it is for us all) does :witch: appear as normal? I'm worried with a short lp she won't give the poor embie a chance to get comfy!

x

Hun it does depend on which protocol you are on as to your treatment - I am on day 21 long protocol - which means I started down reggin on day 21 of my cycle for two weeks before I start stimming - but i know tanya had a different cycle - often dependent on things like risk of OHSS ( increased with PCOS).
it does sounds like you are on the same as me though hun as I had to ring my hospital to let hem know when AF started so that they knew when day 21 was and when to book me if for my baseline scan two weeks after started down reggin on day 21 - and the whole process for me will take 6 to 8 weeks.

protocol as follows:
start bureserlin injection one a day on day 21
two weeks later go for baseline scane and if OK start stimming with gonal F - one injection a day plus continue with burserelin
day 5 after stimmign have blood test - increase gonal F if necessary
day 9 after starting stimming - scan to check size of follies
dependent on the above scan - scan at day 12 after starting stimmign to check size
and then sometime after the above take HCG trigger shot
one day free of injections
36 hours after trigger shot have EC
day 2 / 3 / 5 after EC - have ET dependent on fertilization

I am not sure re when AF arrives - i imagine the progesterone can throw it off - I know some girls who have had it before testing date was due and others where it came a week after.
the progesterone should definitely help with your short LP hun.
:hug::hug::hug:

bx x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->