4 Leaf Clover IVF / ICSI Buddies

Hey Blue, wouldnt worry too much, My BMI was near 27 when i had my egg retrieval (although i have got it down to 24 now) and they had no probs during my procedure and my ovary is naturally high up on the left so much so that they struggle to see it on scans. I think its always best to loose weight before IVF though, not only beciase it can help with outcome but just think of that extra stone and a half baby wieght piling on hahaha

I was classed as in the overweight category when i had mine, about half way into it, but they never mentioned it stopping me from having treatment, think they are only bothered if your BMI is over 30.

Hi Blue
I'm in the middle of a pgd ivf cycle at the moment. I had to lose weight as the hospital wouldn't start treatment with a hi bmi as it is hard to retreve eggs.
Jane

Thank you chocci!

You are right healthy either way is important. I am on a health mission now anyway but wondered how far I should go - or if I should wait for ivf until I was a particular bmi.

Best wishes.

I kinda wish I had waited a month or so to get my weight down to were i am now, but when the appointment came i was too excited and just wanted to get on with it.......who knows if it woulda made a difference, not sure it would. If your only slightly over weight I wouldnt worry so much.

OK well I am back!! Went OK I guess......

They want to redo OHs SA as they felt the test was a bit basic, and they felt that my FSH test was a bit high for my age so I have to do a blood test tomorrow for something beginning with A.

But basically they agreed IVF was the way forward so CD1 I start the pill for 14 days and then on from there to Nasal sprays and FSH injections!!

She said my chances were good which I always hate when people say as you get your hopes up.

krissi - :happydance: that's brilliant news. i know nobody ever wants to do IVF but at least it's one step closer to that :baby:
hope you feeling ok about it, wouldn't it be great if you got your BFP and didn't need IVF.i see you are on cd23, how long are your cycles normally.
is this round of IVF through the NHS or have you gone private x

Thas fab news krissi! I had to wait forever to get my appointment consultation then another 1 to 4 months for IVF once we're done IUI if it doesn't work.

Blue as for IVF I heard that BMI over 30 was a no no so if you're under that don't worry. If you want a good health plan, I just got into hoopnotica its a cardio work out through similar motions as hoola hooping and dancing and is apparently easy to learn... I am still waiting for my hoop I ordered so I haven't started it yet but it looks like so much fun! and its exercise and it is perfectly safe to keep up throughout pregnancy which is what really caught my eye.

Appointment went okay today. It was just for blood tests as suspected. Spoke to the nurse re my concerns about nasal sprays, and injections should be fine to take. Also gave them a copy of our previous treatment information so hopefully we'll be having ICSI this time. Poor DH - he nearly passed out when having his blood taken ... nothing that a wee lie down and the promise of a lovely dinner didn't sort out ...

So now, we wait - a bit more. Next milestone is my October AF, when things will really start to kick off!!

Appointment went okay today. It was just for blood tests as suspected. Spoke to the nurse re my concerns about nasal sprays, and injections should be fine to take. Also gave them a copy of our previous treatment information so hopefully we'll be having ICSI this time. Poor DH - he nearly passed out when having his blood taken ... nothing that a wee lie down and the promise of a lovely dinner didn't sort out ...

So now, we wait - a bit more. Next milestone is my October AF, when things will really start to kick off!!

Sounds good hun! So do you start dregging after next AF?

xx

Hi ladies

Glad things are moving along for u Krissi and Maz!! Good luck!!

Hope everyone else is well and please dont forget to send me your updates for the front page

:hugs::hugs::kiss:

Yes Mrs G ... I wait for October AF and then I start dregging on CD21, so I'm guessing that AF will show up around the 3rd / 4th October and then we're on that rollercoaster again ...

hello ladies

phoned the hospital. took over an hour to get through to anyone. have to start using my ovulation test on the 19th wont know anything else til i get a positive when i have to phone them back which is when they will tell me when to go in oooooo cant wait getting really excited now. i know there is less of a chance getting my :bfp: with FET but its still a chance.

Maz and Krissi - wont be long till you start then good luck with it. the time will fly well it did with me

Blue12 - i was told i had to have a BMI between 21 - 25

hope everyone else is doing ok :hug::hugs:xxxxxxxxxx

Gumb69 my cycles are usually 30-31 days so should be starting next week!!

This is private I do not qualify for NHS as OH has children from a prev relationship.

I am off for my AMH blood test at 11:45.

One thing I did not realise is all the little tests here and there which mean time off work, can't see my boss being too happy.

I have one app today, one Thurs and one next Tues and then a scan on cd2 which is prob next Thurs.

Lots of luck with your appt. Krissi!

Our appt. is now 17th Oct. Our very first one. I'm highly nervous about it all...
I have myself booked in for a pap smear, and hubby is having a Trial wash done in Oct.

Hey, can I add one of those glitter things to my sig?

https://img801.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2009/09/07/f4d7c36adcff863a9037bd78eb890624.gif[/][/URL]

In the last bracket before URL type IMG in capitals after the / and then paste the link in your sig hunni xx

There is prob an easier way but its too early lol!!

Good luck for your app, I was so nervous to and tbh I still am but excited too, feel more in control.

good luck today krissi. I know what you mean about little appointments here there and everywhere. I was lucky in that I knew in advance when I would be needed and was able to arrange the appointments for before work. This time round we'll not have any leeway to arrange when it suits us - the joys of the NHS i suppose ... but it's free so I'm not complaining.

Good luck again for later.

x

Good luck for your appointment next month NeyNey ... it seems like such a long way off, but it will fly in in no time.

x

Hope everyone is well, Wrighywales lovely to see you on here and with such a lot of PMA. Lots of people get BFPs with FET so really excited for you.

I am in for my 8 day scan tomorrow to finally see what is going on in there. Can't wait as I feel like I have been building up to this for ages. I hated down regging but stimming is much better and i feel like i have my PMA back again, which seemed to dissapear completely whilst down regging. Any others get bruises with injections, thirsty and twinges down there in stimming phase?

It seems quite quiet on here atm for people stimming right now but lots of people preparing for cycles, which is exciting! :thumbup: must be in between waves.

My clinic is private but small but they close at 5 and do not work weekends which i think is rubbish for a private clinic. I start work at 7am and finish at 4:30 so its a real pain but as I say my boss will have to just lump it!

Hope everyone is well, Wrighywales lovely to see you on here and with such a lot of PMA. Lots of people get BFPs with FET so really excited for you.

I am in for my 8 day scan tomorrow to finally see what is going on in there. Can't wait as I feel like I have been building up to this for ages. I hated down regging but stimming is much better and i feel like i have my PMA back again, which seemed to dissapear completely whilst down regging. Any others get bruises with injections, thirsty and twinges down there in stimming phase?

It seems quite quiet on here atm for people stimming right now but lots of people preparing for cycles, which is exciting! :thumbup: must be in between waves.

I got the most tremendous thrist on the very first injection of stimms. About 5 hrs after. I did my injection at 8pm and went to bed at abour 12. By 12.30 i thought i didnt feel very well, all i can explain it as is like that thirst you get with hangover where your mouth tastes dry and funny but no matter how much water you drink it wont go away. I actually felt that ill for a good few hours that i thought i was having a reaction, but just drank a sensible pint of water and it went. Nurses seemed perplexed when i told them at a later date but i reakon its defo the stims injection. Never got it again during stimms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->