4 month old dropping oz's

LilLil

Reaction score
Hi ladies, for the last week & 1/2 Poppy has dropped the amount of milk she takes at each bottle, she used to have a 6oz bottle & most times would finish it, but for about a week and 1/2 she has dropped to 4-5oz (5oz if I'm very lucky).

She doesn't want bottles anymore frequently & seems well in herself also she's sleeping the same amounts but I can't help but worry!

She's had the odd week before where she's sort of off her bottles & would take an hour or so to drink it, but she would finish it eventually. This is different though, she is point blank refusing to take anymore & getting quite upset if I try for too long.

I was expecting her to start upping the amount she wants, not dropping :wacko:

Has anyone experienced this with their LO, or got any ideas for why? :shrug:

Sometimes Fran will only take 4 or 5 oz too. We have been making 7oz bottles for a few weeks now and sometimes she will finish the lot but usually has about 6oz.

What size teat are you on? Do you think perhaps it's time to go on a faster flow? We moved Fran onto size 3 tt teats last week because she was struggling and it really helped. She will still sometimes only take 4oz but that is usually first thing in the morning and has become part of her routine now.

isobelle is 16weeks old tomorrow and in the past few days has dropped 1 whole bottle, going from 5x7oz to 4x7oz bottles..

hth

xx

She's on size 2's so maybe I'll try the next size, I hadn't thought of that thankyou xx :flower:

isobelle is 16weeks old tomorrow and in the past few days has dropped 1 whole bottle, going from 5x7oz to 4x7oz bottles..

hth

xx

thankyou, it's a relief to know she's not the only one! i always thought she'd increase her amounts, not go backwards...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->