4 weeks! My first pregnancy and looking for some buddies!

Emmymommy

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've just had two positive tests at 10/11 DPO (3 weeks 3 days) and 12/13 DPO (3 weeks, 5 days) and I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow! This is my first pregnancy so I'd love some buddies who are having their first and some who've been around the block before to journey along with!

I live in Canada and I'm an Early Childhood Educator working as a nanny to two lovely girls turning 3 and 5 this summer.

How is everyone doing so far? When are you planning on telling friends and family? What are your appointments like?

Hope to chat :)

Hello everyone!

I've just had two positive tests at 10/11 DPO (3 weeks 3 days) and 12/13 DPO (3 weeks, 5 days) and I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow! This is my first pregnancy so I'd love some buddies who are having their first and some who've been around the block before to journey along with!

I live in Canada and I'm an Early Childhood Educator working as a nanny to two lovely girls turning 3 and 5 this summer.

How is everyone doing so far? When are you planning on telling friends and family? What are your appointments like?

Hope to chat :)

Hi, we are close in timing. I am 4 weeks and change. I think I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. This is my first pregnancy. I am a teacher as well! Working in an alternative school so it's not a typical school. My DH doesn't want to tell anyone until close to 12 weeks. Or at least talk to the doctor first and see what she says. I have two upcoming appointments, May 20 and 29. I'm feeling a lot of minimal symptoms; slight back ache, frequent urination, heartburn, shortness of breath, exhaustion. Nothing too unbearable though!

Thanks for the congrats! Proudwifey I saw you've got a thread started and I think I'll come over and join if you don't mind!

Hi Emmy!

Welcome and congratulations. I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant, not sure of my due date yet, annoyingly haha! I'll just wait until I know for sure.

How are you feeling? :)

Hey Lula! I've been feeling pretty normal since testing, although I knew something was up before that (which was what made me test) with sharp twinges and cramping mostly on my right side and some stomach heaving (but not really nausea). The most consistent thing is bloating - I now have a belly where there wasn't one a few weeks ago and it really just looks like I've gained weight or ate too much and have a pizza baby, gas (tmi), and today started mood swings, bruised feeling boobs (heavy and a bit larger too) and exhaustion.

What about you?

Hi! I'm 4w2d today and this is my second pregnancy. I had a chemical last month so hoping for a happy healthy one this time. Good luck to you!

Hi bhanif! I'm sorry to hear about your chemical, I hope this is a healthy pregnancy for you this time around!

Hey Lula! I've been feeling pretty normal since testing, although I knew something was up before that (which was what made me test) with sharp twinges and cramping mostly on my right side and some stomach heaving (but not really nausea). The most consistent thing is bloating - I now have a belly where there wasn't one a few weeks ago and it really just looks like I've gained weight or ate too much and have a pizza baby, gas (tmi), and today started mood swings, bruised feeling boobs (heavy and a bit larger too) and exhaustion.

What about you?

Hiya!

Yeah...I'm pretty normal too. Definitely feeling a bit more tired though. The gas last week was absolutely insane, it has calmed down a bit now. I hear you on the bloating. I'm a bit more emotionally sensitive too. I get nausea occasionally but haven't been sick....yet. I didn't have any sickness with my son so wondering if it will be the same with this one.
I have been cramping too but apparently this is all normal.

Just want everything to be OK, one thing that won't go away is the worry that things won't be. Eeek!

Hi there! Thanks for sharing.

I'm about five weeks pregnant. It happened quite unexpectedly, my boyfriend and I thought we were being safe with the copper IUD, but I got pregnant anyway. Apparently there's a slim percent chance of that happening.

My partner and I both really want to have this child, even though we're not quite ready yet, we're going to supercharge our nest-finding here in Portugal (I'm Dutch, but we're working on moving here) and we're both entrepreneurs so hard work the next few months. We wanted to wait two years to try to have our first child, but we are taking this as a sign that the baby wants to be with us.

The bodily functions aforementioned are very (very, very!) familiar to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is all so new to me and I've been reading so many books about pregnancy already. Oh boy, here we go!

Good luck to you! It would be great to stay in touch.

Welcome!!

I went to a maternity store for the first time today and thankfully the ladies didn't laugh me away! I explained that I'm suuuper early but the bloat is driving me crazy and I fear it won't be long until my pants (I wear them tight) won't fit anymore! They were so sweet helping me out and explaining everything. I find if I eat a full meal I'm just huge after even if it wasn't a larger meal than normal! And it gets worse as the day progresses. Sigh! All worth it for a sweet babe!

I also bought my first few things for baby today....I've been wanting to for so long but made myself wait until that BFP. Got a muslin blanket for swaddling - a lovely grey shade that will go with either gender and two books that have been my favourite with the girls I nanny since they were babies!!

How's everyone today? When do you plan on breaking the news to friends and family?

I went to a maternity store yesterday! I feel fat but my DH thinks I'm crazy. I wanted to get some price ideas. Some items were outrageously expensive. I looked into those belly bands that you can wear with your normal pants. I'm hoping that will do the trick. I want to buy baby things so bad but I'm going to wait till 12 weeks. We plan on breaking the news to family after we go to doctor appointments. One is may 22 and the other is may 29. Once we tell all important family members, then we will tell friends after 12 weeks. Soooo excited! How about you?

Proudwifey same thing with my DH! If I just relax I feel like my stomach looks huge! Tried on a bunch of dresses for the wedding infront of him and he didn't think it was noticeable or suggested I just suck it in if it bothers me - lol ya that'll be real comfortable!! Found a dress that is loose enough and I'm usually a bit shy wearing since I have to go bra less - buy thanks to these swelling boobs it looks pretty good!!

I'll have to look into those belly bands - that's a great idea! I was looking for pricing too and went to the most expensive place in town so I'd know what to compare the other places too. I'm hoping to have some maternity clothes leant to me from family and friends so I'll try and hold out until then!

Tested again today as it's officially the first/second day of my missed period with a less sensitive test and the line was nice and strong right away! Helps me feel at ease since I have to wait for a blood test.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I've been reading of a bunch of people continuing to test with hpt. I haven't, but should I be? I'm nervous about wearing a tight dress to the wedding tomorrow too but I'm hoping people with think I have just been eating and drinking too much at this all inclusive resort.

Proudwifey - I'm mostly doing the hpts since I can't get blood work for a long time. It reassures me, but with symptoms and a missed period, I'm feeling ok anyways. It's totally personal preference!

I know I always have a belly at all inclusives so I'm sure no one will think twice :thumbup: lol

Got asked about 100 times last night at the wedding if we're pregnant yet and since we decided to answer "no" since it's so early then we were harassed about why not blah blah by those who aren't already aware we are trying. I just wanted to scream! For those who know we're trying I explained my lack of alcohol consumption by the fact we're still trying.

I had two close friends share their trying efforts from this month and I had to pretend I didn't get my BFP, which I would've felt bad telling them I got it when they hadn't anyways. I guess it'll all come to light in a couple months anyways!

And one friend who doesn't wanna hear it - she knows I'm pregnant despite me saying no and to leave it alone - she insists she "knows" and won't press the issue haha. She'll be happy to hear she was right!!

Hi I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby. I've known since 3weeks 2 days (11dpo) and had symptoms since implantation, but sickness and nausea for just over a week. My first appointment is 2 weeks and 3 Days when I'll be 8+3

Hi ladies! Haha that's so funny you went to the maternity store Emmommy and proudwifey!! I did yesterday too! Haha! It was full of ladies withiveky round baby bumps so I quickly walked around with a shopping bag in front of my non existent one ☺️

Congrats and welcome! I've never seen - I'm happy I'm not the only one without an appointment until later!! Have you had a blood test to confirm or anything?

Lucy lol it's just so exciting and in these early days when we can't shout it from the rooftops we've got to do SOMETHING! I'm sure a few of those ladies with bumps were in there early too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->