4 weeks pregnant and suspecting multiples? UPDATED WITH MORE PHOTOS pg2

Onelildream

Newly preg with #4
Reaction score
I'm 4 weeks preg. I can barely button my pants. I've gained 3 pounds in one week. I'm nauseous, bloated and just feel like there's more than one in there... Am I crazy?

Pic in the black and white is 2 months ago. Turquoise is today (4w5d). I'm bigger this week than last week and noticing a change DAILY.

Attachments

• before preg.jpg
    before preg.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 51
  • 4weeks5days.jpg
    4weeks5days.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 48
Oh, let me just clarify, too, that I had twins before. My son was one, but I miscarried his twin between 6-7weeks. I felt I was having twins then too...I was heartbroken to lose one.

may be multiples however things like pregnancy symtpoms and weight gain cannot show whether you are having multiples as some people with twins or even triplets take longer than some singletons to show and have less symptoms. it is probably due to pregnancy bloat. but since your on clomid is that right? and youve had a previous multiple pregnancy your chances are increased.

Yes, Clomid worked for me this last cycle. I guess I just wait and see! If I blimp any more, I might not be able to hide being pregnant for much longer. I wanted to atleast get to 12 weeks, but that might not happen. I'm getting big fast. But I guess no one sees me naked, but my hubby, so they might not be able to tell. haha. And I have an 18month old so maybe they'll just think I haven't lost my baby fat.....

Highly likely I think with your previous multiples and being on Clomid. Bloating is very common early on and symptoms are usually heightened for multiples. Even I who have lost several babies in the first tri had never really had morning sickness (even with my daughter) but had terrible morning sickness this time around feeling sick all day. My bump did get bigger earlier too, but not until about 12-14wks. Are they keeping you on anything now like maybe progesterone or anything? That is what I used once I got pregnant this time. Found out it was twins at 6wks!! Good luck!!

I had the same symptoms in this pregnancy (bump very early on, 24 hour neausa, extreme tiredeness and just a feeling that something was up) so your symptoms, coupled with clomid, sounds likely! Will you have an early scan to find out? Best of luck, hope all works out for you. Keep us updated! x

I dont believe in the whole very nauseous thing! I didnt have one teeny bit of sickness my whole pregnancy! I didnt suspect twins and although i was wearing maternity jeans at 8 weeks because I couldnt button up my pants! lol..
I dunno hun. Have they offered you an early scan??

i havent had multiples but at about 4 weeks i had HUGE bloat and couldnt do my jeans up, i had an early scan and theres only the one in there, you do show earlier with second pregnancys because they muscles dont need to give up as much as they did the first time!

Hey I was on 100mg clomid and bam first round twins. I found out at 5 & 3 as had an early scan to check but we were still massively shocked and suprised.

With regard to the sickness and weight I didnt have any of this aside from a slight sick feeling between 7 and 15 weeks on and off.

I think its very much the luck of the draw. Good luck. Let us know! x

Thanks for your comments. My doctor is checking my HCG (yesterday and) tomorrow and comparing them. If they are relatively high, then I get an early scan. If not, then I have to wait. I know I have a pregnancy BLOAT, but this is a bit extreme. I normally get sick around 6 weeks preg, but I've got it at 4, so idk. Patience is a virtue, right?!

Thanks for your comments. My doctor is checking my HCG (yesterday and) tomorrow and comparing them. If they are relatively high, then I get an early scan. If not, then I have to wait. I know I have a pregnancy BLOAT, but this is a bit extreme. I normally get sick around 6 weeks preg, but I've got it at 4, so idk. Patience is a virtue, right?!

HCG levels are not an accurate indicator of multiples. I would push for an early scan either way.

I'm thinking I will. I have gained 4 pounds now. In one week!

hey there, wow you are showing pretty quickly... I havent had any symptoms yet, I'm waiting for something like getting sick or craving something... NOPE nothing other than the stretching in the lower area that's it and I am NOT complaining :) Usually smells bother me, I get sick and can't think clearly... I don't know not this time but may be too early to tell....

Not sure. The only real way to tell is an ultrasound and even then you'll probably have to wait another week or so.

I was bloated by about 3 weeks (before I even knew I was pregnant, but I assumed). I was in maternity clothes by the time I was 5 weeks because I couldn't get my pants done up. I still didn't suspect multiples though. It was the ultrasound that clued me in -- and there was no second guessing that.

I hope you get the ultrasound so you can find out how many are in there for sure. :hugs:

With each pregnancy you have; that "bloat" comes quicker, you also gain more weight the 2nd..3rd time around.

I'm thinking I will. I have gained 4 pounds now. In one week!

I only gained 10lb my whole pregnancy! and 6lb15oz of that was baby. Its definitely not a definite. Nothing is! You could just be thinking too much into it and thats why. Push for a scan!

Update: My bump is still growing like crazy. Even my 4 day difference is significant. I am scheduled for an early ultrasound on the 29th. My hcg is doubling daily. I'm measuring at 13 weeks pregnant right now. I'm pretty excited to find out how many.

Attachments

• 4w6d 5w3d.jpg
    4w6d 5w3d.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 68
Thanks, Jessa! I'll be happy with anything. But that would be fantastic.

Triplets! You brave woman! Haha! I couldnt imagine another of my two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->