40 and Preg new to this side..LONELY..

Great question Jelly bean..she is bipolar and takes meds for it. She is also lucky if she gets 3 AF's a year..Very irregular cycles. Plus, she is more of a "not so feminine" type so I am more maternal, definately more regular, and I take no harmful meds. Plus we are not always stable as a couple (on and off for 3 years) and since I want a sibling for my daughter, I thought I would be the best option..Thanks for asking! :hugs:

Reneny, when was your last MP? Mine was April 13th so they estimate my due date being 1-18-12 (3 days before my birthday) lol! :haha:

LMP was 4/15/2011 so I am only 2 days behind you! My expected DD right now is 1/20/2012 but I expect that to change. My cycles were only 24 days and hell... I'm 41! I would not expect to make it all the way to 40 weeks at my age. That's just the goal! ;)

No MS yet. My breasts are only a little sore, my back hurts, I am gassy constantly, and my uterus feels "heavy" if that makes any sense. I can handle all that. Hoping the MS fairy stays far away from me as I am going on a 2 week trip to Italy in a week...

Oh your so close to me in due date, age etc..My 41st bday is Jan 21st! :happydance: Anyway, my symptoms are the same as yours..My bbs itch a lot though! Its hard not to scratch them! lol :haha: How wonderful about Italy..I hope MS stays away from you sweetie!! :hugs:

If it is any consolation Reneny, don't let ms get you down even if you get it. With the last one, I took a long weekend trip to London with my older one. We still joke about famous places I have thrown up in (all in appropriate places, thankfully).

If it is any consolation Reneny, don't let ms get you down even if you get it. With the last one, I took a long weekend trip to London with my older one. We still joke about famous places I have thrown up in (all in appropriate places, thankfully).

:rofl: Well, I am hoping to AVOID that! My father is already going to be mad when he finds out I can't drink wine! Italy without wine? That's what he will say! :roll:

There are so many people with close birthday babies. Mine is due four days before my 43rd birthday. The little one is six days before her daddy's birthday. I am hoping this one gets its own date as there are several already taken around the due date.

asibling--the only things that seem to have helped with my nausea are ice cream (yes, ice cream!) and mint. I tried everything else, the ginger, extra water, crackers, etc. and none of it helped! In fact, water and crackers always make it worse!! :shrug:

Yes, we are excited about an October baby--both my father and my DH have birthday's in october, so they are of course both hoping that the babe is born on THEIR birthdays, haha!

reneney--a trip to Italy sounds so fabulous! I hope the m/s stays away for you so you can relax and enjoy! Although it would be neat to have stories like Ciarhwyfar has!!

:rofl: Well, I am hoping to AVOID that! My father is already going to be mad when he finds out I can't drink wine! Italy without wine? That's what he will say! :roll:

Since I don't drink, that wouldn't have been a problem for me. Unfortunately, with both of my first two, I was sick for most of the pregnancies (like 6-7 months of them). This time, it stopped around the beginning of second trimester so that is a nice change. Even over halfway, it still seems as if every day is something new in pregnancy.

amery, mint ice cream really??? I will keep that in mind for when it hits me.thank you!!! So nice about the due dates! :flower: I agree, sooo many people having their beans on or near birthday's! Its nice..the best gift ever!

I have really bad acid/heartburn so mint (even ice cream) and ginger might have worked for the nausea but I still had to suffer in some way. Water can still make my stomach hurt so I hear you there. There is no hard and fast rule, unfortunately. Many people find that regular intake of carbs helps. You will have to try out different things.

Ciar, I think the mint in the icecream probably helps..sounds good... :thumbup:

Great question Jelly bean..she is bipolar and takes meds for it. She is also lucky if she gets 3 AF's a year..Very irregular cycles. Plus, she is more of a "not so feminine" type so I am more maternal, definately more regular, and I take no harmful meds. Plus we are not always stable as a couple (on and off for 3 years) and since I want a sibling for my daughter, I thought I would be the best option..Thanks for asking! :hugs:

Well, congrats to all 3 of you, I'm sure your daughter will love her new playpal, mine is so excited and can't wait, and she's almost 16 :happydance:

STORM, AMBERY, what do you do to get through the nausea and MS? Anything particular work really good for either one of you?? Yes, I agree, what an amazing gift this will be..I just hope it is healthy..I am struggling with the idea of whether or not to get the NT test done or not...A fall baby for you Ambery? How nice..Fall is my favorite season!! :hugs:

Nothing very successful! I do have a biscuit in bed before I get up and lots of rest. It seems to be calming down though - but I don't want to take that forgranted just yet!

Ps - I think you were very wise being the one to have this baby given your OHs meds etc...

Thank you storm! I would like to think its the right decision! So I am wishing you no more MS! :flower: Jellybean, how nice to have an excited teen around to help you too! Thats a plus!! I am so happy I found you ladies!!:happydance::thumbup:

Hello and welcome, we are a very friendly bunch.

Congratulations x

congrats hun
ive just come across
i got my BFP yesterday and we are absoluely thrilled after losing my little man in january
i am 40 so we are in it together hun:hugs:

aw congrats HERBIE! I am thrilled..sorry for your loss too..have goosebumps for you! :hugs::baby::flower::happydance:

thanks so much hunni:hugs:
we"ll share the ups and downs together:winkwink::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"