40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Wow congrats ps! Your betas sound good, good thing they checked the progesterone, it's very important to keep that in a good range until your placenta takes over. I am still on crinone for another week, even though they had me stop the PIO last week. I feel it's better to reduce it then just completely stop, although from what I've read, the placenta should be taking over by week 10.

I am going in tomorrow for a quick check because I had a tiny bit of brown spotting yesterday and a pin drop today, could be from crinone applicator irritating something or I might have an infection since I have a little bit of itchiness going on. Nurse told me not to freak out, but it's a precaution to get checked with any spotting at all (it's in the big bundle of papers they gave us, that's why I went ahead and called). When I miscarried last year, I had a LOT more spotting than this, so I'm not totally freaked out. I did buy a Doppler and very briefly got a heartbeat tonight, so I'm ok right now.

I go in Monday for nuchal scan and MFM check (high risk doc), then next Friday is OB appointment. They try to make each appointment with a different doc since they don't know who will be on call when you deliver, so you can meet all of them. I see the nurse practitioner tomorrow unless she gets called to a delivery, saw her last appointment.

Heard heart beat on Doppler at doctors office, in the 160s! And yes, little yeast infection going on. Good thing I went in to check.

congrats to Jean and PS! Send some baby dust around! lol I haven't been here much but having IUI in a month!

Happy for you ladies (and anyone I missed!)

Hey Jean, how is it all going for you now? Hope all the spotting stopped.

Yeah, it stopped. Had nuchal screen Monday and met high risk doc. Baby was moving all over, had hiccups, and even sucking on thumb. Heartbeat of 164, so I'm thinking girl. Got blood result back from that and low risk for the 3 major trisomies. Beginning of November I get second trimester blood draw for what they call sequential screening, which looks for more trisomy markers in the blood. I met with the genetic counselor also during that appointment and that was interesting. They are still interested in my family history as it relates to me being pregnant, but baby shouldn't have any of those issues. I got my 20 week anatomy scan scheduled, will do fetal echo at 24 weeks, my own echo needs done around that time (trying to schedule with my cardiologist). 12 week OB appointment was Friday, things look good. Go back at 16 weeks. Told a lot of people at work, stunned is more like it, lol. Rude one automatically asked if I did IVF, I said I am not replying to that. Another asked if this was planned. As if it's their business! If you need to know or I want you to know, I would've already told you.

Jean--so glad to hear everything is going well! How have your close friends and family responded? I know because of your heart condition some people close to you felt pregnancy wasn't a good idea. Hopefully, since your Dr gave the go-ahead, everyone else is being supportive!

Ps--when's your next appointment?

To both of you--what did you end up finding the best way to do PIO was/is?

AFM--I have my "baseline" appt today, even though I haven't gotten AF yet. I checked with my nurse on Friday and told her I didn't think I'd have AF by Monday since it's only 3 full days off BCP. She said it was fine if I still went in on Monday since the BCP would keep my lining pretty thin. She said if I felt better I could cancel the appt and reschedule once AF comes. That's what I was leaning towards, but DH said we should keep the appt if the nurse said it was okay because if she says things are progressing fine then we can book our tickets (which we haven't done yet and are anxious to do since prices are increasing the closer we get). That was a good point, so I will be going in in a little while. I hope everything is fine this time! Last time I ended up with a saline sonohystogram & a D&C/polypectomy.

Hi Vonn! My next appointment is Nov 11. I just had 1 hour glucose tolerance test this morning and barely passed. I got an orange drink that tasted like Sunkist syrup (not carbonated, thicker than soda). Blech. I just chugged it down to get it over with.

As for PIO, I bought this little container of numbing cream from Amazon called Numb Master. I put a little bit on where I was going to give the shot, put Saran Wrap over it, then waited a half hour, took off Saran Wrap, alcohol prep on the area, then shot. Sometimes it hurt, sometimes I didn't feel it. Don't insert the needle slowly, just stab it straight in. I did hit a nerve one time and I still have some numbness in my upper thigh/hip area, but it will go away. My bruises have finally gone away.

I need to contact the clinic and see if I can get a copy of my donors info. Someone bought the last of the frozen eggs and she's not on there now. When I was doing my genetic stuff at MFM, they needed to know how old the egg donor was at time of donation. Since we couldn't get her info to come up, we put down 25. I was going to consider buying the rest of those eggs if I had gotten the genetic screening on the fetus, but it's too late now unless she donates again. I also don't think I will be able to carry many more babies after this anyway since my little fibroids are growing pretty good with these hormones, I even have a second sub mucosal one now. Yikes. I just hope I can try with my one frozen embryo and it sticks. If not, back to the drawing board. My sperm donor is also now out and not donating anymore. As much as I would love my babies to be related, that might not happen.

Jean--how's it going?

deedee--gearing up for your IUI?

I am dealing with round ligament pain, lots of stretching of things going on. The OB wants me to do the 3 hour glucose test because I'm in the pre-diabetes range. I thought I passed! So frustrating!

Jean,
Yay at least first trimester over. What test determines the diabetes thing and when is it done? Sorry you are having to deal with that. I am learning so much and so clueless about all this. Is it really painful all that stretching.

Deedee did you have the IUI?

Hey Vonn...come on AF.

Here at 8w3d measurement today. To be discharged from RE next week. Cutting down on progesterone to .5 ml daily. Have a feeling will stop next week or maybe every other day. So far all seems good. Think I saw tiny arms or something today. Tummy weirded out today. More nausea today for some reason. Headache. All fun stuff!!! Took first bumpie selfie yesterday!

Jean--how's the pregnancy going? Hope you are well!

Just a quick update. Today is 9dp5dt and I had my beta this morning. I am pregnant! :bfp: :bfp: This is the first positive I have ever had in my nearly 4 years of TTC. I was so emotional when I got the news that I didn't write down my hcg number, but I think the nurse said it was 118. I can check it in my portal when it's uploaded. I'll go back on Saturday to check the doubling rate. I know having that take-home baby is a long ways off, but I can't get there without this first positive. And the 22 yr old's egg helps reduce the miscarriage chances. I'm gonna let myself celebrate a little. :cloud9:

Jean--how's the pregnancy going? Hope you are well!

Just a quick update. Today is 9dp5dt and I had my beta this morning. I am pregnant! :bfp: :bfp: This is the first positive I have ever had in my nearly 4 years of TTC. I was so emotional when I got the news that I didn't write down my hcg number, but I think the nurse said it was 118. I can check it in my portal when it's uploaded. I'll go back on Saturday to check the doubling rate. I know having that take-home baby is a long ways off, but I can't get there without this first positive. And the 22 yr old's egg helps reduce the miscarriage chances. I'm gonna let myself celebrate a little. :cloud9:

CONGRATS! I also just found out I'm pregnant! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!!

Vonn, Congratulations!! This must be the best Christmas present you've ever had and happiest xmas ever!! I check in here every now and again to see how you guys are doing. I'm so glad everyone on this thread is having such success. It brings a smile to my face.

Deedee, congratulations to you too. You and Vonn can be pregnancy buddies :)
Jean hope everything is well with you? When is your due date

Merry xmas everyone

Vonn, Congratulations!! This must be the best Christmas present you've ever had and happiest xmas ever!! I check in here every now and again to see how you guys are doing. I'm so glad everyone on this thread is having such success. It brings a smile to my face.

Deedee, congratulations to you too. You and Vonn can be pregnancy buddies :)
Jean hope everything is well with you? When is your due date

Merry xmas everyone

Thank you. Not sure how its going. Low numbers on my first beta :( I'll know more Wednesday.

DeeDee--congrats on your pregnancy! I hope the second blood hcg jumps nicely and you have no more worries. It's scary to feel uncertain. Hugs to you!

Wheezy--thanks for the well wishes. Yes, I couldn't have asked for a better Xmas gift! This year will be special, even though we have only told immediate families. How are you? What's happening in your world? I hope all is well!

Vonn, I'm busy running around looking after Freya now. She's 5 months and has started teething (in fact she already have 2 bottom teeth) x

That's wonderful, Weezy!

DeeDee--any news yet?

OMG! Sounds like things are moving right along in here! Sorry I've been MIA, but covering for coworker out on surgery and training a new person has been hectic. I am doing ok, found out last week I'm having a boy who has really long arms and legs. Had a bit of a spotting scare that sent me to the ER a few weeks ago but turned out to be nothing. Told dad last weekend and he was in total shock, they never thought they would be grandparents. I am now having bad reflux and vomiting often, didn't do that in first trimester. Loads of doctor appointments coming up. I am due end of April.

Congrats on the boy news, Jean! How exciting! :blue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->