40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Hello ladies and happy holidays. Im 47 yrs old but look like im in my early 30s and I'm trying to ttc what feels like my first child, lol. I do have a 26 yr old son. Just started ttc on an everyday basis December 15. I had always wanted another child but "the one" never came until now and he is 36 yrs old with no children. I have seen my gynecologist and I'm not near premenopausal and i'm still very much fertile per my test results. FSH was 7.14.
I was on depo for many years. I had my last shot back in March 2016 but i haven't had a period. I do get the cramps, etc.. just no flow. I have had a positive ovulation test but my boyfriend wasn't yet living with me so we missed out on that chance. Our relationship was long distant up until this month. I started taking vitex December 16th and added maca December 22nd. I also bought evening primrose. I started Prenatal vitamins back in July. Ive been taking ovaboost since November. I keep taking ovulation tests & I've taken it around the same time I got my positive the first time but I got a faint line. I'm not sure when to actually start testing for ovulation since AF hasn't returned to visit. I know this will probably take a bit Cuz of my age but I'm willing to put the effort in Cuz I really want another baby.

Hi everyone, a very happy new year, and I hope that this year brings great joy to all! Here’s my introduction as I’m new to this TTC thing at the ripe old age of 45. My wonderful husband (or DH? I’ve never used this term before ) is 32, so I was hoping that we have a shot at trying naturally for #1 (for both of us) before going to DE.

From what I’ve read, it seems that I am too old to consider other options :cry: It was hard to swallow, given that I (like probably everyone on this thread!) am very young at heart and looks, and I am sporty and active. Or I was, before a really bad road cycling accident in May 2016 which broke my pelvis in 3 places and broke the elbow of my dominant arm into 2 pieces. I made a miraculous recovery, but I’m still relatively unfit at the moment, and worried that this set of injuries will affect my ability to conceive.

I’ve basically been on the pill since my 20s, but I got regular cycles of about 25 days immediately after I stopped. We have been trying since my 45th birthday in September, and so far 4 cycles of BFNs (did OPKs, temp charting). As I’ve never been pregnant, it’s really soul destroying each time, despite the short time that we’ve been trying. I am losing hope that I can have a bio child. We both are eager to move to DE, but I’m terrified that I will feel regret that I didn’t give my own (hideously old, from what I’ve read) eggs a chance.

DH and I have both done some fertility tests, and from his SA it looks like it’s ok on his side, while I unsurprisingly have high FSH and low AMH. We are going to see an RE in a few days, and I think we might want to talk about starting DE. While I don’t know if I’m ready to give up on the idea of having a bio child, I know that time has basically run out for me. I had a string of terrible partners before I met DH, and now that I'm with the right person, it seems that it is too late. It seems unfair, but then I guess I have to be realistic.

If I never get my BFP, I guess I have to live vicariously through those on this thread who are pregnant. Congratulations!

Hi Olivia, thanks for telling your story. It's wonderful that you had a natural conception over 40, which resulted in your beautiful son.

Thanks, we've decided to try the donor egg route and I'm pretty excited about moving forward with that after all!

I'm loving that there are many babies with their long suffering mommas on this thread now. Congratulations to all of you. You give us hope.

I haven't posted in a long time. This time last year I was basking in a natural pregnancy and excitedly hopeful that it would stick. I had never made it passed three days post positive test before. Now I was 8 weeks!

We heard those fateful three words "There's no heartbeat" at 16 weeks. He was a boy. Perfectly healthy. My little miracle. No known reason for his death. The ensuing months have been difficult.

Meanwhile time marches on, I am a year older and I have just taken a negative preg test. I am three days late and scared to death that a missed period no longer signals pregnancy but perimenopause.

I'm in a local infertility group but came to post this here as they are all younger than me and I know if you read this, you "get it". Thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->