40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Ok i was being impatient. So I start estrace today. Since it's late, I can only take for tonight. Starting tomorrow, 2mg/2x daily. Saturday goes up to 3x daily. Next bloodwork/ultrasound is on 9/13. Donor started today though hubby took antibiotics yesterday (was supposed to be same day per schedule but seems donor was bit late). Nurse said it's ok.

So next phase...

Jean--happy 7 weeks! Can't believe you are already at 7...time flies!

PS--I'm glad it's all sorted. It's really, really hard to not be impatient, esp when clinics don't get back to you like they are supposed to.

AFM--we FINALLY heard from someone and got a day 3 update today, on day 4. I was so irritated. Didn't hear from anyone yesterday, despite leaving voicemails and portal messages with both our nurse and the embryology lab. :growlmad: A receptionist did look at our file and give me a little info right at the end of the day, though she couldn't explain it. She said we have:
2 -- at grade 4
2 -- at grade 3
2 -- at grade 2
I researched online and every site I looked at said "1" was the best and "4" was the worst. I also read the number of cells in each was just as important, and I didn't get that info. We weren't sure what to think. DH went from really pumped when I told him all 6 were still going to downright dejected when I told him what I thought the grading meant. Thank goodness someone from the lab just called. She said they use "4" as the best and "1" as the worst, so it looks better now!! She also said all 6 were between 6-9 cells, which is what they want. This is a much better scenario than what I was thinking! I think we have a legitimate chance at getting 4 blasts. They will freeze ones tomorrow that make it to blast/expanded blast, and there may be some that need to go to day 6 to get there. We probably won't have a final count until Friday. :coffee:

Vonn I was thinking of you all day yesterday and so happy to hear the report as well. :happydance: Keeping fingers crossed that even the 2 at grade 2 do their thing and you have more. Quality over quantity though as they say and it's great that they are all at the right cell number. I can't imagine how little patience I will have when at that stage.

BTW I love your profile pic. Yes Good things ARE going to happen!!!

Yeah, I'm not super impressed with how the clinic keeps us updated. I understand they have a lot of patients and are busy, but still. I had to do the same thing to find out what happened to mine on day 6 (day 5 was a Sunday). Fingers crossed you get a few to freeze!

I just got my first prenatal exam scheduled for next Thursday with the OB's nurse practitioner, they will do another ultrasound, too. The OB was excited at how good my embryo looked at the ultrasound Saturday. I like her, she's bubbly and positive, even if she's younger than me, lol.

Only bad thing is that I must've hit a nerve when doing a PIO shot in the last week. My bum hurts on that side, but the areas closer to the hip and a little down the leg are a bit numb. I just switched to giving them on the other side for now. I can't even sleep on the hurt side, very painful.

ps--thanks for thinking of me!

Jean--you are such a trooper for doing the PIO shots. Is it harder on one side compared to the other, from a coordination standpoint? Do you ice before & heat after? I've heard that can help. Not with hitting a nerve, but with discomfort in general. Another US in one week. Awesome!

AFM--Good news for us. So far 5 out of 6 have been frozen and the 6th is still growing & hopefully will be frozen tomorrow. I am thrilled! And relieved! :happydance: Here's what we have so far:
4AA -- excellent
4AA -- excellent
4BC -- good
3AB -- fair
3AC -- fair

Yes, I'm right handed and it's harder to do a shot by yourself on the left side, but I've gotten used to it now. I don't ice or heat, I bought lidocaine off Amazon called Numb Master (used for waxing & tattoos), dab a bit of that on the area I'm going to give the shot, put Saran Wrap on it for a half hour, then shot. I can still feel it, but most of the time it doesn't hurt at all or as bad. Then rub it in! The more you rub, the less bumpy it is.

You got some good looking embryos! Good luck!

Vonn that is excellent report on the embies. Now you have to just focus on getting ready physically mentally emotionally for the transfer. You have some great embies there so that golden egg is there for sure!!!

Jean you are a hero for doing those PIO shots yourself. I can't imagine. I am due to start sometime end of next week and I am not looking forward to those. Never had those before. Hubby and I will go see a nurse Monday to learn. He looked at needle yesterday and was under impression the whole needle doesn't go in... i was like umm it does. He doesn't believe me. I hope he can do it. In some ways his job is more difficult. Mine is to bear the pain and discomfort. His is anxiety of giving those damn shots and knowing it causes pain. How is your pain, any better? I hope so. Anything for that little one right :)

AFM, just hanging tight, taking estrogen. Tomorrow I have to increase more and then bloodwork/US is on Tuesday. So keeping fingers crossed. Then everything goes in hyper drive it seems lol. I have antibiotics, medrol for a week, PIO shots that start when donor has retrieval. At the end of it all, just hope it's a strong little snuggly embie that completes our family.

Oh yes, the whole needle goes in, all 1 1/2 inches of it! I draw it out of the vial with the thicker 18 gauge needle and inject with a 22 gauge needle.

The PIO TERRIFIES me! I have told DH multiple times he will have to do it, but he's afraid of needles and says he's really not sure he can. He doesn't know this yet, but he WILL be giving me those shots.

AFM--Embryo #6 made it to freeze as a 4AC, so we have 2 excellent, 2 good, 2 fair. I am so glad we have multiple tries, it takes a little of the pressure off me. Now we just wait for AF so we can plan the cycle.

The PIO TERRIFIES me! I have told DH multiple times he will have to do it, but he's afraid of needles and says he's really not sure he can. He doesn't know this yet, but he WILL be giving me those shots.

AFM--Embryo #6 made it to freeze as a 4AC, so we have 2 excellent, 2 good, 2 fair. I am so glad we have multiple tries, it takes a little of the pressure off me. Now we just wait for AF so we can plan the cycle.

Hope your AF starts soon Vonn! I know how eagerly I waited for mine this time lol. Yes PIO terrifies me too but hubby says he can do it. I like to be in control so this freaks me a bit but I really can't do this one myself. So keep reading googling ways of reducing the pain, tips and all you know. Today hubby and me are going in to learn how to do those shots. I need to know just in case he can't.

Nurse says if all goes well, I can stop the PIO shots end of this month! Yay!

Had first OB appointment and second ultrasound. Things still look good! Baby only gave us a view of the back today, but heart rate of 174 beats per minute.

Jean--so glad to hear it! 2 scans already, that's great. I hope it works out for you to stop the PIO in just a few weeks. Will they put you on a different progesterone until 2nd tri or will you just be done altogether?

Hi to everyone else!

AFM--CD 32 and no AF. It's officially delayed and I'm annoyed. My nurse did agree to put me on a progesterone-based bcp so I will get a little less estrogen (which is what I wanted), but can control the timing of the cycle more. But. . . gotta wait for new cycle. I did acu yesterday & got a disgusting herbal blend called RELEASE. Here's hoping it helps!

I am supposed to stop the PIO 9/26 and then crinone on 10/10. I see the high risk OB that day. She might recommend extending it or the baby aspirin, which I also stop that day. Just have to wait and see!

I did so many tests for this first appointment, still have to do a glucose test and 24 hour urine (the kind you fill a jug up), then whichever genetic testing I chose (either Harmony or the one with blood and ultrasound combo, need to research). I also have to do a baby orientation next week with my clinic (supposed to be about what to expect and paying for birth and all that stuff). At some point, I need to get another EKG and Echo earlier than I am supposed to with my cardiologist. I usually do that yearly, but I am going to be very pregnant when it comes around and a 4 hour drive at that point sounds uncomfortable and probably not advised.

Jean I am sure you must be looking forward to the end of PIO shots. So many things on your plate/calendar. Must be exciting to figure out the birthing/baby orientation, right? How do you feel overall?

Vonn any AF yet?

AFM. Donor gave us 15 eggs (shared cycle 2:1) and 10 fertilized using ICSI. Day 5 transfer 9/22. They don't give any more reports and say no news is good news... So who knows how many be there on Thursday. DH doing PIO shots on me (poor guy is traumatized every time). I am having severe insomnia, urinating every hour during night. Sleep deprived, cranky, tired, lack of appetite. So far on 2 days, no bumps or bruising from PIO shots.

PS--can't wait to see how many embies you've gotten! 10 fertilized is a GREAT start. I hope the PIO is getting easier. GL with the transfer tomorrow! How many are you transferring?

Jean--how are you feeling? Any nausea or other symptoms?

Oh yeah. Nausea, food aversions, food cravings, peeing every 10 minutes. Baby orientation was an hour long, went through tons of different things. Apparently, supposed to drink 10-12 glasses of water a day. As if I'm not peeing tons already! Nurse said no trips to Florida or even further south from where we live in coastal areas and they think Zika will be here (not even close to the coast) next summer. It was a HUGE packet of info I still need to read most of soon. She just highlighted the main points. I haven't even gained weight, but have lost a few pounds, mostly because of food aversions, I don't want cookies or sweets like I usually do. I am supposed to gain about 10 pounds based on my starting weight. I am getting more of an appetite at times, but mostly start to eat then about gag.

Ps- exciting times! I'm glad the donor had a lot of eggs. Hopefully the transfer went well yesterday. Let us know.

Jean-I heard that one tends to lose weight in the beginning so it sounds like things are going well. I was super hungry during my month of pregnancy :haha: so as long as you're hungry and having aversions all is well.

Great updates!

Thanks Terri, transfer was good with 1 great blast transferred. We have 7 Frosties though don't know if DH wants to go through this again. Feel pessimistic today. Beta is on 10/1 and I'm not testing early.

Jean that is awesome to stop PIO and see heartbeat. I've heard of lots stories of weight loss instead of gain due to nausea and food aversion. Just gotta keep going and that bundle will be here soon enough.

A little update here...

So Saturday had my beta and it's bfp. HCG was 339, progesterone a bit low at 14, so upped it.
Today the doubling HCG was 713 and the progesterone was 28.9. Next appointment is on October 11 for bloodwork and ultrasound. Not sure i should have asked for another doubling confirmation one.

I am afraid to jinx this. Every step of the way worried. Worried it's in right place, worried about it going well, worried worried...

Jean how are you doing?

I am a bit more hungry today is for sure.... Just had full lunch and still hungry. and tired...:sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->