40 week midwife app

I hope she’ll do it today so you can get things going!!

Hi ladies sorry I didn't reply was so stressed with people on social media etc I just left phone in the other room and didn't boot laptop up.

I couldn't get the sweep until 41 weeks (think it's procedure in this specific NHS trust as some of you ladies said). I am booked in for a sweep for Tuesday (wasn't expecting until at least Thursday which is better). If that doesn't work then i'll be booked in for an induction but the possibly at a hospital further away :/ 5 days over at the moment.

Important thing is that babies heart rate is perfect, she is very low and movements are normal.

Ahh good luck hopefully you will go into labour before that!! I no how frustrating it is!! Just try and take it one day at a time xxx

Awwww good luck for Tuesday but hopefully before. ;)

Thanks girls, Saturday afternoon and nothing yet :/ but hoping things could change in next 2 days

Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer! :)

Have the sweep then go for a long walk and a good bounce on a yoga ball, I'm sure that's what did it for me! You'll have your precious baby soon!

I have never heard of not been offered a sweep on your due date or within the week after because it's not the first baby. Was it your midwife who told you this?
Typical induction would be booked, I would believe even more so seen as you will be at the nearer side of 41 weeks x

Thanks for the reply, the midwife said my sweep wouldn't be due until 41 weeks, I forgot to ask why but I looked on NHS website and it said because it's not first child. I am just convinced she won't come on her own :/:cry:

I've been told the same. No sweep until 41 weeks.

Hello everyone.

I am so sorry for late response, I have literally just been discharged from hospital.

I have posted a new thread about arrival. Thanks for all your advice and support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->