• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

40w + 4 and husband is poorly :(

Reaction score
And I do mean ill, it's not just a touch of man flu, I think it's proper flu! Not so worried that I'll get it, I'm just over a cold and had my flu jab a while ago, but really worried that I'll go into labour before he's better.

I know there's not really anything the doctor can do, but want to ask advice. My sis in law is planning on joining us at the hospital for the birth, but I'm terrified he won't be allowed in if he's still poorly. Do you think calling the midwife tomorrow would be a good plan?

Feeling torn, overdue and uncomfortable but feel so sorry for him :(

that is a hard question- but the good news is if you are exposed and plan on nursing the baby will get antibodies enough to fight it off- but maybe still have him wear a mask and use lots of hand sanitizer

Just to update, he's still suffering, soaking through pyjamas like anything and coughing so much my sympathy is wearing thin, even though I KNOW he can't help it! Feel so tired and worried looking after him.

I'm seeing the midwife later as I'm 41 weeks tomorrow, will def be asking her advice!

Not a lot you all can do, but I do feel better airing my worries on here, thanks.

Has he been to a doctor. Get that sick hubby to a doctor if not, just in case it's not viral and some anti-biotics could clear it up. I have a man home with a flu, too, very unpleasant. I'd say he'll be fine to attend as long as he's wearing a mask (they might put him in the gown too) but your MW will know what the final word is.

Hope he recovers before Bubs comes. There's some nasty bugs going around, my oh was knocked off his feet by a horrible flu (very unlike him to admit defeat!). Good luck with midwife app xx

Honestly the hospital would probably prefer that he stay away if he's still showing signs of being contagious. His presence in the labor & delivery unit, and later in post-partum/recovery would be putting OTHER mothers & babies at risk as well.

Oooh rubbish timing for both of you :-( i think just let him rest as much as possible and hope he recovers well in the next couple of days. Get the GP to check his chest though just in case he needs antibiotics and plenty of fluids and vitamins etc.

Is there anyone else who can be your birthing partner just in case he is not up to the job? Better for him to well to meet newborn and support you even though I know it's not ideal :-( my friend has the same problem last year, her hubby had a sickbess bug so there was no way he could attend the birth. She was lucky in that her Mum went in his place and as soon as he was clear of his germs he got to meet his baby. I hope baby stays cooking a few more days and hopefully thats all your hubby will need to turn a corner and recover xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->