41+5 today and starting to get frustrated

Longing2bAMum

SAHM to Loki and Luna
Reaction score
Hi ladies :hi: I hope someone has a good suggestion for me because i'm starting to get frustrated here. :coffee: I've tried all the usual things that people tell you to try to bring on labour, so what I really want to know is, what were you doing right before you went into labour?:shrug: I don't want to be induced so I want some suggestions to help me go naturally ASAP please :thumbup::winkwink:

Hi ladies :hi: I hope someone has a good suggestion for me because i'm starting to get frustrated here. :coffee: I've tried all the usual things that people tell you to try to bring on labour, so what I really want to know is, what were you doing right before you went into labour?:shrug: I don't want to be induced so I want some suggestions to help me go naturally ASAP please :thumbup::winkwink:

God I cant even imagine how you feel, im only 32 weeks and have had enough!!!

I dont have any good suggestions sorry other than a long walk...but hope you pop on your own x

Oh Huni... Over here they won't let u go more than 41+3 .... I am sorry I don't have any advice but I wish u luck

Thanks, i've been walking every day, that just brings on extra BH contractions that don't turn into anything else!

Have you tried doing some vigorous cleaning? My cousin reckons that sent her into labour. Hope your baby doesn't keep you waiting too much longer!!

Castor oil worked for me last time, I probably wouldn't do it again unless facing induction. It's vile and makes you ill though! If you do it make sure you don't take too much and stay very hydrated and keep your blood sugar up. X

Take castor oil ASAP! It works instantly! My god...my dr won't let anyone go past 41 weeks at the maximum. Hope u can get baby out soon, it's not good for the baby to stay in that long as the placenta starts to degenerate...

I wouldnt try castor oil to be honest it can be dangerous for u and baby (can cause baby to do a bowel movement inside u which can lead to distress) . Have you tried clary sage oil? I've read alot of positive stories about it and will be getting some myself this week. You can use it it the bath and massage it on your bump to bring on labour. You can also put some on a tissue to keep smelling (can be done to induce labour and whilst breathing through contractions-its supposed to be very calming!) good luck hun hope u go soon before induction! x

I wouldnt try castor oil to be honest it can be dangerous for u and baby (can cause baby to do a bowel movement inside u which can lead to distress) . Have you tried clary sage oil? I've read alot of positive stories about it and will be getting some myself this week. You can use it it the bath and massage it on your bump to bring on labour. You can also put some on a tissue to keep smelling (can be done to induce labour and whilst breathing through contractions-its supposed to be very calming!) good luck hun hope u go soon before induction! x

One point: there's really varied opinion on castor oil. Some say this, but the problem is that those studies are done in post-due women where there is more likelihood of meconium anyway. From what I've read, it does not seem that castor oil goes through the placenta, but do your own research and make your own decision on that one.

Another: clary sage CAN have the exact opposite effect for some women - for some it'll help strengthen contractions and for others it'll bring everything to a dead halt. Again, do your research and proceed as you and your provider see fit.

:hug: to you, mama. Hang in there.

There's not much proof castor oil distresses baby! But it makes you feel awful. I'd rather take castor oil than have a medical induction though. X

I used clary sage a lot in the last 4 weeks of my last pregnancy, it didn't seem to do anything at all! I think it is helpful once you are in labour though, so I'm saving my oil for once I'm in labour.

Thanks ladies :flower:

I'd never heard of clary sage oil, that's probably off the cards as I won't be going out to the shops any time soon, but it sounds interesting :thumbup: And the castor oil thing, I've heard mixed things about, i'll skip that because wouldn't want to make myself ill, but thanks :thumbup:

If he's not here tomorrow, i'll definitely give some intensive cleaning a go, i'll happily get down on my hands and knees and scrub floors with a toothbrush if I have to :haha:

laila 44 It's certainly not helpful to tell a lady in her 41st week that it's not good for the baby to go past 41 weeks, that's in your opinion and based on whatever extensive research you have done, I myself have researched this too and have found that it's perfectly safe if you are low risk, which I am, my midwife has not even once mentioned a sweep or an induction to me as they don't do that over here unnecessarily before 42 weeks, but thanks for the castor oil advice :thumbup:

Don't worry, 42 weeks is definitely still safe! People have 44 week pregnancies sometimes. X

there are some pressure points on ankle i think......................a mate did this and it worked for her

It was suggested to me - pineapple, sex and curries - iwent for pineapple did not work!!

I stimulated my nipples and got a looong contraction. After that they kept coming all day and my DD was born the next night, 40+3. When I was pregnant with my son nothing worked. He came at 42+2 weeks but I was supposed to be induced at 42+1 but it started by it self a few hours before. I remember the wait was terrible... Hope I won't pass my due date that much with this one.

Oh you poor thing! I went at 42 weeks with my last baby too (and my mom and sister flyign back home the next day, very crappy timing) lol. Like you, refused induction, and very glad that I did.

Actually, I'd say getting down and scrubbing floors is a very smart idea especially for baby positioning. Ummm... jump up and down and yell at the baby?!! Hahaha!!! :) I really hope you feel something soon!

Oh, the night I went (okay, probably arbitrary BUT) I went and got a full body massage at a salon with a pregnancy-safe table (regular one with a hole in the middle). Even if it doesn't work, it's a great excuse!! It actually did work for me, also pressure point in the feet is a popular one used in Asia.

Thanks ladies :flower:

I'd never heard of clary sage oil, that's probably off the cards as I won't be going out to the shops any time soon, but it sounds interesting :thumbup: And the castor oil thing, I've heard mixed things about, i'll skip that because wouldn't want to make myself ill, but thanks :thumbup:

If he's not here tomorrow, i'll definitely give some intensive cleaning a go, i'll happily get down on my hands and knees and scrub floors with a toothbrush if I have to :haha:

laila 44 It's certainly not helpful to tell a lady in her 41st week that it's not good for the baby to go past 41 weeks, that's in your opinion and based on whatever extensive research you have done, I myself have researched this too and have found that it's perfectly safe if you are low risk, which I am, my midwife has not even once mentioned a sweep or an induction to me as they don't do that over here unnecessarily before 42 weeks, but thanks for the castor oil advice :thumbup:

My doc asked when I wanted to be induced and I told her I would prefer to go naturally. I have read the labels on the induction drugs used and they all make me nervous. Some that our hospital use specifically state not to be used for pregnancy induction...it's an ulcer medication for peats sake! She has agreed to allow me to continue to wait for him to come on his own as long as I agreed to weekly ultrasounds to make sure baby is fine. She said as long as he is fine, no worries going past 42 weeks, she thinks it is much safer to wait and let the baby decide too...unless medically necessary for Mom BP or baby distress, then an induction would be scheduled.

Cytotec is a drug I have prohibited use if I would need induction at last minute, I had doc put in my file.

Cytotec is a drug I have prohibited use if I would need induction at last minute, I had doc put in my file.

I was just going to say, that sure sounds like cytotec! Still amazed that doctors in the US give this to women for being overdue. I think that's off-label use, is it not? I've taken it once (after a miscarriage) and I remember it having huge warning labels about not to use it for induction. It is really a violent drug, if I recall how much my belly rumbled that night!!! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->