41+5 today and starting to get frustrated

I've tried stimulating my nipples too, it doesn't do anything, maybe it's a boy thing:shrug::haha: I'll keep trying it though.

I was looking at the pressure point thing the other day, my DH tried with the ones on my back, i'll try ankles later :thumbup:

My mum just asked if I thought they could book their flights for Wednesday next week or would I be waiting it out for the duration, my reply if he's not out by then i'll stick my hand up and drag him out myself :haha:

Actually i've been feeling good till today, I guess I had a bad nights sleep and i'm tired and it's making me ratty :blush:

Thanks for all the great idea's, keep them coming, might help someone else if not me :D

sex, sex and more sex if you feel up to it. daily if you can and lots of walking! my waters broke when i was hoovering the house so i think housework definately may help get things started. Otherwise hun, try not to worry to much about being induced. maybe bubs is just too comfy in there and u may need a wee hand to get things started. uv done really well so far, hopefully only a few more days to go and youl meet your beautiful bubba xx they induce at 40wks +12days here in scotland. no sooner. but they will offer a sweep at 40wks if you want it x

:haha: we've been trying sex, I did say to DH earlier "i'm sorry, we're going to have to have sex again tonight, I know you hate it, but it has to be done i'm afraid" :rofl:

I think i'll definitely do some more cleaning tomorrow :thumbup:

How about acupuncture? My cranial osteopath (well she does all sorts) told me there are points on the body you can use to ready the cervix :flower:

Some women have even had 44 week pregnancies, I'll be refusing medical induction too and requesting fetal monitoring instead. Good luck!

Oh and last time round for me I'm afraid to say sex did absolutely nothing, and resulted in giggling fits from both of us :haha:

I would definitely be having a nice, romantic dinner of spicy food with fresh pineapple for desert... followed by lots of sex while insisting DH play with my nipples during the fun :D

Hope something works for you :hugs:

last night we had a nice massage, DH attempted to find the pressure points on my ankles and feet, we also had some lovely whale meets human sex :haha: while stimulating my nipples a little and i'm still here this morning without any changes :D I'm going to scrub the floor later, but it doesn't feel hopeful. At least i'm better rested today so I don't feel as irritable, yesterday was a bad day, now i'm back to taking it all in my stride :thumbup:

They have acupuncture available once i'm in labour at the hospital, I wonder whether I could ask for it on Saturday to help start me off :shrug:

I do love all of these suggestions though, some of them at least put a smile on my face if nothing else :D

I don't have any suggestions but I did want to chime in about going past 42 weeks. My mother was 19 days late with me, so 42+5, I guess. My mother says she listened to Beethoven all day, went on a long walk, and cried and cried. Then she went into labor the next day. I was a healthy 9lb 6 oz and a natural at home birth for her. I'll be like you if I go late -- I won't let them induce unless they convince me it's a medical emergency for me or baby.

Fingers crossed for you that things start soon, though! And make sure to keep us posted if something works!

Thanks :hugs: Was your mother crying because her emotions went crazy that day? I've been crying this morning uncontrollably, please let that be a good sign :haha: Happy tears of course :D

Also it's a full moon Saturday, so I have high hopes for Saturday :thumbup:

My mother was crying because her emotions were crazy, not because anything actually upset her. And yes, I hear crying is a good sign something is about to happen! I think you're right the impending full moon will help you too. I'm excited for you!

Go for a pedicure...it worked for 2 of my friends at 38 weeks! neither had signs before hand and both went into labour within 24 hours afterwards...there are pressure points on your feet that they will know better than your DH. good luck!

Just sending more :hugs: and labor vibes your way... hope you have a nice day cleaning :) and at least you got plenty of sex in before baby gets here as we all know how much you'll probably get after ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->