Oh Andie! Where have you been?! I seriously need pics of that baby!!!! Tell us all about her!! I have missed you so much!

I haven't had internet until 2 weeks ago! I thought about you and a few other girls all of the time. It was pretty lonely going through pregnancy without any of you, to be honest!

You are halfway through - totally awesome!

I ended up getting severe preeclampsia, and have a whole story about that, which I will try to post soon. All seems to be well now!

So im going to,be a total pain....but if I wear a liner and it is leaking urine will it have a very,slight hint of yellow? I know I sound crazy...im just nervous over every little thing...and you guys help me soooo much!

Yes it will sweetie. If you're worried it won't hurt to speak to your doctor to put your mind at rest though. But leaking a bit of urine is totally normal - baby on your bladder usually lol!

Hello ladies. We are back to ttc status. Took a bit of a break for some mental relaxation. Now we are cautious but hopeful.

Hi ladies,

Hope you are all well.

I got my :bfp: on friday. My weight currently stands at 16 stone 12 but i am doing slimming world so hope to loose some in the next few weeks still. Just i am so hungry all the time..... i need suggestions for healthy snacks.

Dawn

Hi i am currently overweight and TTC, i have Pcos and i find it soooo hard to lose weight! :( It took me ages to fall pregnant with my daughter and its taking even longer this time :doh::
Good luck to you all :dust::dust:

Well where to begin on the arrival of baby taylor.

I went to see my consultant on the 18th of January as normal for my two week check up and scan.

we got our final date of induction which was going to be the 28th January 2012 - which wasnt ideal for us as this is out first babys angelversary but to make sure my boy was here safe and sound i agreed.

But from this point who knew what was going to happen.

I had been booked in every day from the 21st January for an ecv (think that was what it was called - but it was to monitor the babys heart beat) i asked why everyday and my consultant said just to be safe :wacko:

Any way i went to labour and deleivery on the 21st and 22nd of january and baby was happy and head down which was great as i was all set for a normal deleivery!!!

on monday 23rd January i went to the Day assment unit which was for a 15 minute monitoring - well how wrong was I??

The little man had turned breech again! not only that but my movements had slowed alot so after 3 scans and an hour on the monitor, it had been decided that i would have to have the baby turned on tuesday 24th January.

I managed to get hold of hubby so that he could be there as i am such a wimp when im alone.

on the morning of the 24th i called the deleivery ward to see what time i could come in, i finally got through to them after 2 hours of trying and went in- after an hour on the monitor the consultant came in and gave me an injection to relax my muscels and he then turned him within seconds so i was releived but then he decided that it would be better for me to have a sweep while i was there as well.

Well the mw came in to do the sweep which was uncomfertable but my cervix was still high - but soft so she attempted to do one.

Next thing i know i am strapped back up to the monitor and i had another consultant and 2 other mws come in - and guess what the little bugger and turned breech again!!!

Well from then i was admitted on to the mat ward- no one told me that with my history i was 60% more likley to suffer from cord prolapse :cry: and that if i went in to labour naturally they would have seconds to get my baby out alive.

WHY THE HELL WASN'T I TOLD THIS- I WAS SO ANGREY!!

well i was put in to a room with 3 other ladies- one was due to be discharged and the other 2 where in labour and due to be moved so i thought great ill be able to get some sleep--- well how wrong was I??

by the morning i hadn't slept a wink and i wanted to go home :growlmad: but the consultant on call said NO! i had to stay till the baby was born :(

Well my consultant came to see me and the new plan was - to turn the little man again on Friday the 27th January and then induce straight away which i was happy with because there was going to be 2 consultants a mw on hand at all times- i was so sure that i was not having the baby any other way.

Well i was moved in to my own room because i was so tired, which was great.

Well everyday i seen a different oncall consultant and one was soooo rude to me and my hubby.

It was thursday 26th Jan and Mr Ramsey came in with 4 students and said to me - you do know that you are putting your baby in great danger :wacko: this baby is not ready to come out yet i got so upset i voiced my opinion and asked him to leave and for some one to get my consultant.

But my consultant wasnt around till friday.

Well friday came and i had no sleep what so ever due to that horrible consultant, the steroid injections during the night and nerves about everything that was due to happen.

The day was passing very quickly and the labour ward was manic, but the duty consultant came and asked me to get ready and that she was on her way to get me, my consultant was just washing up. But 4 hours later no one had still come to get me so i kicked up a stink and another consultant came to see me.

He was great, he took me down for a scan and we had a talk- basically he wanted me to wait till friday 4th Feb for a elective c section (which i really didnt want) but if baby was head down then he would induce instead. which i thought was great i would rather give my baby an extra week to cook.

Well the scan showed that the cord was sitting on the little mans head, so he decided that he would turn him now just to be safe (due to how we lost Logan-george)

The consultant couldnt get the baby to turn at all he was moving a tiny bit but then moving straight back to where he was, so i was put back on the monitor but everything went wrong.

The little mans heart beat kept dipping, not by much but it was.
They sent my hubby home saying that all would be ok and that i would be allowed home in the morning.

But as soon as he left the babys heart beat went from 169 to 56 and this kept happening- so i buzzed for the mw and when she came in and looked at the sheet she buzzed for some one to go and get the consultant and the registra and guess what it was the horrible consultant from the thursday.

He said to me this baby is very unhappy and i need to get him out now!! when did you last eat- well i had eaten about half hour before because they said nothing was going to happen, i had also text all the family saying dates have changed i am coming home.

I called matt on strict instructions to tell him not to speed as we had to wait and i was on a monitor so we could tell if baby was getting any more distressed.

Well as soon as matt picked the phone up and i said tonight we will be holding our baby boy he dropped his pint and rushed to the hospital- and yes he got stopped by the police!! they thank god didnt give him a ticket for speeding but they blue lighted him to the hospital.

i was meant to go down for the emergance c section by 11 pm but i was still waiting at midnight which meant my to baby boys where going to share a birthday (which is not what i wanted)

Well they wheeled me down to my recovery room to get me preped for surgary :( i was so scared and i was shivering all i could do was cry.

when we got to theater everyone was lovely, they had all been briefed about my loss of Logan-george so they where trying to keep me calm but matt wasn't allowed in while they did all the pre checks.

I cant remember much of the operation apart from the horrible pulling feeling in my tummy :nope: it was auwful it really was.

But as soon as i heard Corbyn Matthew Taylor Crying i was releived.

he got taken in to another room where they had to give him oxygen to help him breath :( and he also had a feeding tube inserted.

His weight was 4lb 15 1/2 oz he was sooooo small - not what any one expected they all thought he would be 7lb + how wrong where they.

They next few hours where such a blur, i just wanted my boy with me and i was getting mixed messages from nicu telling me on how corbyn was.

over the next day or so corbyn had to be put on oxygen a few times in the nights and wasnt keeping his sugar levels up, this was killing me i thought i was going to loose another baby :(

Well the lovely man who did the operation came to see me, he said that if i had waited till the 4th of Feb he didnt think corbyn would of made it, apprently my placenta had stopped working and my cord was drying ( it was the longest cord he had ever seen, and he has been delivering babys for 25+ years)

i was fuming at this point and the mat ward where trying to send me home the day after my surgary :cry: i was lucky that nicu kicked off for me as i wanted to breast feed by little man, and they had to rush a bed for me on transional care.

We was on TC for 2 days in total, i had to threaten the mw's about using corbyns feeding tube as they where feeding him without me knowing, he wasnt waking and they where feeding him ( which meant he wasn't learning that he had to shout for his food)

We finally got home and we are both doing great, apart from his thrush from his antibiotics :( but that is all getting better now he is on drops.

He is 10 days old and All i keep thinking is that i have to be thankful of Corbyns big brother for making sure he got here safe and sound.

Logan-george is our gaurdian angel :hugs:

Here are a few pictures of Corbyn Matthew Taylor

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/hayleightaylor87/Snapbucket/C370F6AB-orig.jpg

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/hayleightaylor87/Snapbucket/6490B429-orig.jpg

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/hayleightaylor87/Snapbucket/3387BBD1-orig.jpg

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/hayleightaylor87/Snapbucket/16C7FC41-orig.jpg

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/hayleightaylor87/Snapbucket/2061BA20-orig.jpg

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/hayleightaylor87/Snapbucket/AAB37E9E-orig.jpg

https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q621/hayleightaylor87/Snapbucket/728EF5B1-orig.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Hayleigh - one very happy mummy xxx

Aw hun huge congratulations! I'm sorry you had such a rubbish time in the run up to having your beautiful baby but I'm so pleased it all turned out well in the end.

What date did you end up having him by the way? I'm a bit confused because you said the 28th but then further down say he's only 10 days old (unless you've copied and pasted from another thread).

28th is Fran's birthday too - I'm sad it's your first baby's angelversary :cry:

Opps yeh i copied n pasted he was born on 28th like his brother and your lo xx

Hello ladies. I've been playing catch up on the boards. Good to see familiar faces. We have had a strong and good cycle after miscarriage so our TTC is in full force. Maybe in a month or two I will be back in the pregnant club.

So...a lot of you might not remember me, but I was around here back when I first got pregnant with my little girl. I didn't have internet most of my pregnancy, so I sort of dropped off the radar for a while though. I really missed everybody!

I just wanted to share my story with you about what happened towards the end of my pregnancy. It's kind of long, so bare with me! With my son (who is now almost 4), I was induced at 37 weeks (which ended in a c-section) because my blood pressure went up to 150/100. They never mentioned preeclampsia, just that the blood pressure was high. I felt fine.

With this baby, my blood pressure stayed only slightly above normal (135/80-120/70) until I hit 37 weeks, when it started to rise back up to near 145/95 and above. I'd been having twice weekly nst's, and things were always fine. I started gaining weight (I'd been around 275 most of the pregnancy and got up to around 290) and practically stopped peeing. TMI, but my urine was super, super dark. My heart was always racing.

My c-section was scheduled for 11/16 which would have been 39w2d. At 37w3d I went to L&D to be checked out, and the resident on call said that he was told I should stay the night and they'd probably take her the next day. I didn't want to stay, because my blood pressure had actually dropped to normal ranges (115/70) and I felt fine. Over the next 5 days, I was at the hospital almost every day for non stress tests and blood draws. At 37w6d I was officially diagnosed with preeclampsia based on my 24 hour urine tests. We were sure that they were going to go ahead and take her the next day, because my blood pressure was all over the place. The doctor who was in charge kept putting it off, and finally at 38w1d my blood pressure was up to 180/110 and after spending all day hooked up to the monitors, the nurse convinced them we had to do the c-section, so it was scheduled for the next morning, 11/9 (which was 1 week earlier than planned.)

All went well and I went home on Saturday (had her on a wednesday, repeat c-section). My blood pressure returned to normal and I felt great. I was sent hom with Labetol (sp?), iron, lortab, and ibuprofin.

This is where it gets interesting.
The day after we were dismissed, I started feeling poorly. I had a headache and was dizzy - and my blood pressure was getting high again. I ended up taking my baby to the ER that night because she was very yellow and weak. She was admited for jaundice treatment and I of course stayed with her. When she was released the next day, I my head was throbbing so bad that I could barely function. I went straight to my doctor and was given metrotopol (?) and anti nausea medicine. They thought I was just having a migraine. I had to have my husband pull the truck over so I could puke within 60 seconds of me taking the medicine.

Over the next two days, I started feeling worse and worse, and when I woke up Wednesday morning, my chest hurt. I assumed it was because of the puking. I went back to the doctor that morning and they upped the dosage of my medication.

All day Wednesday I kept thinking I needed to go to the ER, but I kept putting it off. Finally, I told my husband that I had to go - around 11:30 at night. When I laid down in bed I felt like my chest was being crushed and I couldn't breathe.

When we got to the hospital I had a ct scan and chest x-rays and blood tests. The tests revealed that my lungs were full of fluid, as well as the rest of me. To be honest, I was kinda pissed because I kept telling every nurse an doctor that would listen in the previous weeks that I was really swelling, but I guess they just assumed it was fat, because they always said I looked fine. I had pitting edema in my legs, but they ignored it.

At the ER, a brilliant doctor (a hospitalist who was actually just filling in and worked in another STATE) diagnosed me with pulmonary edema as a result of severe pre-ecclampsia. He was actually every suprised that I hadn't had seizures yet. My blood pressure was up above 210/120 in the ER that night.

He said that I wasn't diagnosed with preeclampsia soon enough, and then I was sent home on ibuprofin (which can cause fluid retention) and given a beta blocker (which slowed my heart rate and caused more fluid retention), and that if I would stay in the hospital while my body rid itself of the fluid and have my electolytes balanced, then I could go home and not take any medication - that my blood pressure would be FINE.

So I spent another 4/5 days in the hospital taking diuretics and potassium supplements - and went home with totally normal blood pressure and 30 lbs lighter! I peed out 30 lbs of fluid in just a few short days.

I've had mixed messages from the doctors regarding another pregnancy...the "real" doctors have said it shouldn't be a problem, but the "residents" have advised against it...but that's a whole 'nother story! It seems the problem lies in that some of them are saying that it was just a complication of pre-eclampsia, but others are saying I had post-partum cardiomyopathy, which is really serious (and often deadly).

Sorry for the book...I've just been really wanting to get this out since it all happened. I'm sure I left some parts out. Off to bed now!

Aw andie! Well I'm glad everything went well with the arrival of your gorgeous girl, but so sorry you've had such an awful time afterwards! Hope you're feeling much better now xxx

Hi gorgeous ladies.. can i join you?

I am what i class as 'size sexy' and we are trying to conceive baby #3/4 .. his 3rd, my 4th.

I have had 3 previous c-sections, but am hoping next time for a natural labour/birth! Being overweight will make it harder to find a willing consultant! but my body, my baby, my birth!!

So yeah, it would be great to chat to other ladies like myself... I've got bigger after every baby... but am hoping to lose a little bit before we conceive.

xx

Wow Andie! I am so thankful you got it taken care of. So scary! and it must have been so hard being in the hospital all that time without you babies. Your daughter is gorgeous by the way!! I cant believe we went through all of that TTC mess together and we both got little girls out of it!

Sorry I havent posted any updates here lately. Pregnancy is going great so far! Knock on wood! But I feel good, get tired easily, but hey, I'm carrying a human. I have another ultrasound on the 3rd of March and can't wait to see how she looks in 3d again! I am almost 26wks now! I can't believe I have made it this far. I honestly thought that after my mc that this wouldn't happen for me. I kept waiting on the other shoe to drop. But it didn"t and all is well! I am working on the nursery and have a great job working from home. In another week I will be in 3rd tri!

I hope everyone is doing great! I will try to stop in more often.

Wow Andie! I am so thankful you got it taken care of. So scary! and it must have been so hard being in the hospital all that time without you babies. Your daughter is gorgeous by the way!! I cant believe we went through all of that TTC mess together and we both got little girls out of it!

Sorry I havent posted any updates here lately. Pregnancy is going great so far! Knock on wood! But I feel good, get tired easily, but hey, I'm carrying a human. I have another ultrasound on the 3rd of March and can't wait to see how she looks in 3d again! I am almost 26wks now! I can't believe I have made it this far. I honestly thought that after my mc that this wouldn't happen for me. I kept waiting on the other shoe to drop. But it didn"t and all is well! I am working on the nursery and have a great job working from home. In another week I will be in 3rd tri!

I hope everyone is doing great! I will try to stop in more often.

I think we are both very lucky! Your little girl will be here before you know it. I can't say I miss being pregnant though.

I just wanted to add, when I was in the hospital, they let me keep my baby with me the whole time. The nursery even supplied her with diapers, wipes, formula, and a basinette in my room. That made things alot better, because I could still care for her as normal, other than no breastfeeding. It was funny because the nurses kept coming in to see her because I was on the sick people (aka very old, lol) floor and even though she wasn't their patient they never got to see babies up there.

After my miscarriage last February, we had truly given up. My husband was done. To this day he's not quite sure how this baby happened, because he doesn't remember doing anything between my miscarriage and when we found out I was having her. (And, of course, she looks nothing like him so its a good thing he trusts me!)

Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->