42, ttc one last time, 9dpo and bfn :(

joanne40

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I havent posted in ages, over a year!! Im 43 in oct, and ttc my second with OH, my number 5. My DD is 9 months old today, and I thought I would start a thread for some advice/encouragement!! I Have no symptoms though, this is our 5th month trying, last time at almost 41 it only took 2 cycles. Getting worried that maybe I have past it now? :wacko:

Hi Ladies, I havent posted in ages, over a year!! Im 43 in oct, and ttc my second with OH, my number 5. My DD is 9 months old today, and I thought I would start a thread for some advice/encouragement!! I Have no symptoms though, this is our 5th month trying, last time at almost 41 it only took 2 cycles. Getting worried that maybe I have past it now? :wacko:

It takes a while and have you tried preseed and softcups???

i'm with you, i'm 9dpo with a BFN today too. there's still testing days ahead...so fxed. and no you are certainly not past it at 42. you've got 4 other children including a 9mth old, don't think you've got anyth to worry about. best of luck!

i'm with you, i'm 9dpo with a BFN today too. there's still testing days ahead...so fxed. and no you are certainly not past it at 42. you've got 4 other children including a 9mth old, don't think you've got anyth to worry about. best of luck!

Wow!!! Leys hope eh? I am not feeling it though :wacko:

It takes a while and have you tried preseed and softcups???

Tried pre seed once this month, but normally I have good ewcm. I didnt use pre seed when I got pg last time though!! I have heard of softcups but never tried them! Maybe I will next month :)
xx

I had a mc at age 41 in 2009 and it took me about two years to conceive again, altho during that time, we underwent pre-IVF blood work that diagnosed an underactive thyroid and PCOS, so with medication from January 2011, I got pregnant naturally in June 2011 at age 43 (so 6 months when my body and hormones were correct). My little boy was born 12 days ago (pre-eclampsia, but up until wk 32, a really good pregnancy) at the age of 44!

If you are worried, why not ask your doctor to check routine bloods, e.g. iron and thyroid, as some women do have a slight change in hormones, etc. after pregnancy, over 40s.

good luck!

9 DPO is still early though! I didn't get anything at even 10 DPO. A faint, faint line started showing up at 11 DPO. You HcG levels double every other day so try again tomorrow and the next day! Fingers crossed! :)

Thank you ladies :kiss:
Sabrinakat...how inspiring :thumbup:
Did an IC this am and I think I am seeing things, it is just too faint to determine between evap and a pos, so for now, I vote evap :dohh:
I will do another tomorrow. I appreciate the replies, its given me hope, so thank you xx

The average length of time to conceive over the age of 40 is a year, even couples under 35 they say it takes MOST around 6 months so I wd say there is no point in worrying at this stage.

I know it's hard getting disappointment, but sometimes a wee bit of perspective is reassuring, even if you didn't conceive until the next few months you would be on the higher side of fertility! X

Nada for me @ 10 dpo. Hopefully yours isnt an evap line!! I'll be watchin.

Hi girls...........well its either 3 good flippin evaps..........so I took one to a neighbour and she saw it straight away :winkwink:
Haven't told OH yet..........will do one in the morning and then if I still see a line I will tell him. God, I feel sick :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->