(44) Little Presents - Due in December 2013

Jacob also started doing his nights as of last Friday

Thanks DHBH that makes me feel much better. Tay started rolling over at 3 months from tummy to back and from back to tummy a couple of weeks later. I just expected Vayda to do it by then or sooner because Tay was premature and they said she might be a bit slower to do those things. Vayda's legs are very strong but her upper body isn't as strong. She does tummy time once or twice a day (depending on how she takes it) but she only holds her head up for a second or so before putting it back down on the floor. Again, I'm probably worried for no reason, but she is definitely a couple of months behind my older daughter on head and shoulder strength. She is ahead of Tay on her social skills though. She started smiling a full month before Tay and is much more responsive when we play with her. Even though Tay was a bit behind on social skills as a newborn she is way ahead now so I guess no reason to worry about Vayda's physical skills either. I really am just one of those crazy moms who obsess about everything. At Tay's 3 year checkup one of the questions they asked me was if she could draw a stick figure and I freaked out because she has never drawn one. We've been working on stick figures ever since LOL. She can draw a face with eyes nose ears and mouth...I keep telling myself that is the same thing :wacko:

I think that's Toxic Shock Kaiecee; get it checked out if it's that because I read it can be fatal if it's a really bad case.

- - -

Molly's been sleeping with us since she got sick a month ago. She's better now but now I can't get her out of bed :( she goes to sleep in her bouncer really easily, very rarely without a fight in her crib. When she wakes in the night I can only bring her into bed or she goes crazy and won't sleep anywhere else. The good news though is that she usually goes without a night feed now. I still prepare three bottles and formula, and have it by my bedside just in case, but most of the time she doesn't need it.

I've been ok since I had the same thing happen to me when I was 17 and I used a tampon for the first time

Will went to his 2 month check up! I'm so glad he's all better and doing so well after having RSV. It didn't slow down his massive weight gains at all - in both weight and height, he's now off the charts. He's my giant chunker! No one believes he's only two months old! It's a bit sad, it feels like my newborn is already gone!
https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/0annn_zps3d69a1a2.jpg

I am still at such a loss at what to do about Kayla's sleeping. I tried a less harsh approach than full Ferber method on her at night cuz this 1-2 hours a time is ridiculous (especially since she isn't a newborn anymore). It only kinda worked for 2 nights, then it was just WAY too much crying, I don't want to put her through that since she still is so little.

On a normal night she sleeps a total of about 6 hours, over 3 blocks of time. On a normal day she takes one 3 hour nap. Then that's it. That doesn't seem like enough sleep for a little baby! Even worse the past couple days I've only been able to get her to take two 30min naps!! Not only am I worn out but I just am worried that she isn't getting the rest she needs. I'm trying everything I can for her to sleep, she just doesn't! :wacko:

I hate to complain so much, cuz I knew having a baby meant not much sleep and free time for me, but this doesn't seem normal. She sleeps at most 9 hours in a 24 hour period, that's not much more then adults sleep! My first concern is her of course and if this isn't good for her. But I'm just so exhausted, everyone said to me (family, doctors, friends..) first 6 weeks are worst when it comes to their sleeping. Well that came and went, then they said by 2 months, that came and went, now I she is just about 3 months and still just as bad. I feel so edgy and irritable all the time since I haven't had real sleep in months...

Will went to his 2 month check up! I'm so glad he's all better and doing so well after having RSV. It didn't slow down his massive weight gains at all - in both weight and height, he's now off the charts. He's my giant chunker! No one believes he's only two months old! It's a bit sad, it feels like my newborn is already gone!

Wow! Big boy! That's crazy how fast he is growing! Happy to hear he is feeling better, and looks like he took the shots well too! He is adorable :flower:

DHBH I am so sorry you are going through that! My sister in law has two kids who have never slept well and her 15 month old still wakes up ever two hrs to nurse! I'm a huge advocate on breastfeeding but it seems to me that sometimes babies sleep longer if they have a bottle of breast milk at night rather than to nurse. I think they maybe wake up bc they aren't getting enough milk to keep their tummy full for long stretches. Now some of the more extreme breastfeeding moms might disagree but if I were you I would pump her a 4oz bottle before bed and see if that helps. I am like you I think babies need long deep sleep for brain development. It's worth a shot anyway :flower:

I love bottle feeding and I do find they sleep much better I've done both and ebf wore me out

I am still at such a loss at what to do about Kayla's sleeping. I tried a less harsh approach than full Ferber method on her at night cuz this 1-2 hours a time is ridiculous (especially since she isn't a newborn anymore). It only kinda worked for 2 nights, then it was just WAY too much crying, I don't want to put her through that since she still is so little.

On a normal night she sleeps a total of about 6 hours, over 3 blocks of time. On a normal day she takes one 3 hour nap. Then that's it. That doesn't seem like enough sleep for a little baby! Even worse the past couple days I've only been able to get her to take two 30min naps!! Not only am I worn out but I just am worried that she isn't getting the rest she needs. I'm trying everything I can for her to sleep, she just doesn't! :wacko:

I hate to complain so much, cuz I knew having a baby meant not much sleep and free time for me, but this doesn't seem normal. She sleeps at most 9 hours in a 24 hour period, that's not much more then adults sleep! My first concern is her of course and if this isn't good for her. But I'm just so exhausted, everyone said to me (family, doctors, friends..) first 6 weeks are worst when it comes to their sleeping. Well that came and went, then they said by 2 months, that came and went, now I she is just about 3 months and still just as bad. I feel so edgy and irritable all the time since I haven't had real sleep in months...

I totally relate. Will used to be a great sleeper, but the last three weeks or so, he's been terrible. He usually does the same thing - sleep about 6 hours in a few blocks at a time, then takes about a 3 hour nap in the afternoon (which my toddler does her best to wake him from over and over again, and makes sure to not let me nap while he does!)

It definitely has me frustrated, it's really rough only getting a few hours of sleep. And just to get that amount, I have to get out of bed and take him downstairs to sleep in his swing for part of it, which means I have to sleep on the sofa every morning. I'm totally worn out this week as it's been a busy week of running around during the day.

I'm hoping it'll calm down soon and he'll start sleeping more. My daughter always slept perfectly, so I'm not used to this! I'm just trying to get through it right now.

Wow! Big boy! That's crazy how fast he is growing! Happy to hear he is feeling better, and looks like he took the shots well too! He is adorable :flower:

Thank you! It IS crazy how fast he's growing. I thought my daughter was huge as a baby, she was always in the 95% tiles for weight and height, but this little guy is even bigger! It's like my milk is heavy cream and they chug it all day/night! :haha:

Sugarbeth you little boy is so cute!! And wow he is huge! Vayda has been growing a lot the past 2 weeks and is already in 6 month clothes!

Your milk must be quite cream like lol, mine always looks a bit watery but Vayda seems to be growing just fine with it so I guess it's fine :shrug:

Well we are almost a week in to this going it alone business and while I'm thoroughly exhausted we are both still in one piece! Haha. I've even managed to get Roxy to take some of her naps in her cot instead of in my arms or in her swing. I'm calling it a successful week.

Roxy also had her check with the child health nurse on Monday. She seems to think she may have a clicky hip so we have a gp appointment on the 1st to get it checked properly.

She now weighs 6.4kg (a bit over 14 pounds) and is 64cm (slightly over 25 inches), 75th percentile for both!

https://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/AngelaADDict/IMG_5531-5.jpg

https://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/AngelaADDict/IMG_5546.jpg

What does your OH do AJCart, to be away for a month at a time? It must be hard. My husband works shifts, and looking after three kids over 2 or 3 nights is hard enough; I can't imagine not having him around for that long.

Going to take Molly for her 2m vaccines on Wednesday. She wasn't well enough when she was supposed to have them, so they've been delayed. Can't wait to have her weighed. Last time was 21st Feb when she was admitted to hospital, and she weighed 11lb 14oz. Now her appetite's back I'd like to see her progress.

Lara, he works in exploration mining so he works in quite isolated places a lot of the time. At the moment he's about 8 hours away from home if I recall correctly.

Brit, she is just SO expressive! She cracks me up, haha.

Will is such a happy baby today!

https://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af204/HomespunDreams/00000i_zpsaf08b20a.jpg

Took Molly for her 2 month vaccines today. She's doing really well so far. Also had her weighed; she's now 12lb 14oz (gained 1b in the past month). She's just above the 50th percentile. She was on the 90th, then slipped to the 75th, but she's still gaining so I'm not worried, and she was sick for over a month in Feb so it's to be expected. I've still never had a normal weight baby before; both my older two were so underweight they had to see the dietician! I'm not used to chub, or having to switch to 3-6m clothes when the baby is ACTUALLY 3-6m old (with the other two they were in 3-6m stuff at about 9m old)

AJcart & sugarbeth your LOs are adorable!I love seeing pics of everyones happy babies!:flower:

Can't believe Kayla was 3 months yesterday!! Where is the time going!? :shrug: She weighs just about exactly twice as much as when she was born. I look forward to each new milestone, and more sleep! But not ready for her to be physically bigger, so sad how fast they grow up :cry:

Here are some of her 3 month pics

Attachments

• (3-19-14) 3 Months Old (28) (Medium).jpg
    (3-19-14) 3 Months Old (28) (Medium).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 4
  • (3-19-14) 3 Months Old (26) (Medium).jpg
    (3-19-14) 3 Months Old (26) (Medium).jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3
  • (3-19-14) 3 Months Old (18) (Medium).jpg
    (3-19-14) 3 Months Old (18) (Medium).jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4
  • (3-19-14) 3 Months Old (6) (Medium).jpg