4days of pos OPK? Please help!

babyonthemind

Mom to 2
Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting really confused and frustrated here.
I got a very clear positive OPK on CD24, and 4 days later (CD27) I'm still getting positive OPKs! It's the first month I even get a positive OPK, so I'm really confused. The first one was very obviously positive, the test line was darker than the control, and the subsequent ones all have at least part of the test line as dark as the control (I've read that this should be interpreted as positive).
I've lined them all up and taken a picture. Can someone confirm that they really are positive?
The picture gets uploaded upside down for some reason. The topmost is the most recent, and them bottom one is the first one I took (CD24).

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Photo 2012-04-11 10 06 04 AM.jpg
    Photo 2012-04-11 10 06 04 AM.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 36
id take the first opk as your positive and assume you ov'd not long after getting that. Maybe take the rest as your surge is slowly leaving but id say you already ov'd. Hopefully you got enough bd in x

Make sure there aren't any complaints about the lot number on those opks. I cant remember if it was hcg or opks ...but someone in the April thread I'm in said she checked and her batch was messed up.

Thanks!
We've been BD every day since the first positive! I'd like to know if they really are positive or not though, to know if it's safe to lay off the BDing ;)

I think next cycle I'll try using a second brand just to cross check them.

Make sure there aren't any complaints about the lot number on those opks. I cant remember if it was hcg or opks ...but someone in the April thread I'm in said she checked and her batch was messed up.

Oh no, really? How do I check the lot number? Is it on the plastic wrapper?
I've been taking them since CD14 and only got my first positive at CD24 though.

Shoot, come to think of it, I had two batches mixed up though. A few left over from last cycle, then new ones I ordered for this cycle. There's no way to know which comes from when.

I dnt know how she checked but I think they are on the wrapper

Are you sure you're not pregnant? Maybe just take a HPT to check. Otherwise keep testing and you should see them go to negative. I think surges can last a while.

I got a negative last night and this morning! I'm sure I'm not pregnant (well, if I am, I just O'ed so an HPT wouldn't show it yet) as I've also been temping.

Ok well I've never heard of there being any time limit on how long a surge is supposed to last for so perhaps it's just normal for you? I hope you catch the egg!!

Thanks, I hope so too!!!

This OPK thing is new to me, I started using them two cycles ago but never got a positive, so I was really surprised when I got a positive this cycle. Even more so since the supposed surge lasted so long. I had assumed I was missing it the other cycles because my sure was super short. Ah well. Every cycle is a new surprise.

My surges have definitely varied from 2 hours to 2 days so I think it's normal to have variation x

I think the cd24 was definately positive I would call the other negative because they aren't darker than the control line when I used these I was so confused at first because all look like you one after the cd 24 and them I got one like your cd 24 and knew the others were negative GL you caught that eggy

It's really good that you kept BDing! This happened to me this cycle, and got positive opks for 12 days straight! Very positive! Well I'm not pregnant, confirmed with blood test, and now I know I just ovulated later! Grrr so I'm out for this cycle. If this happens again, I'll be sure to just keep going until I get a positive and see my bbt stay high for 4 days instead of 3. GL to you! Hope you get your BFP!

12 days!!! That would stress me out soooooo much! BTW, last cycle I had a temp increase for 6 days, and it turns out I didn't even O till after the 6 days, so like you said, it's better to just keep BDing until its blatantly obvious you Oed.

Thanks for your input everyone I really appreciate it, good luck to you all!

Last month I had 4 straights days of very positive OPK and this month I barely caught my surge and got one day I think every month is different and I agree just keep BD and hopefully you catch that eggy :dust:

Babyonthemind- this was happening to me every month, but I would have positives for 10 days, came to figure out that I was actually ovulating around the last one, not the first! So please keep up the BDing! Do it until you see it go negative! Also this month I went and got digitals, and took both the dip strips and digi. I still kept getting positive after positive after positive with the dip strip and only one smiley face with the digitals, so I would DEFINATELY switch to digitals if I was you! That's what I would do next month....but....I just got my BFP!!! 9 DPO!! Good luck to you! The digital saved me this cycle!!

I had 4 days of positive opks the month I got pregnant. From when I got my positive I would have had to ovulate shortly after the first one. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->