4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

I'm still saying girl! ♡ So exciting!

I don't know.... Take it you didn't find out then??!

Yay for holding out :D I wouldn't be able to... I mean I'd like a surprise but I kind of fear being disappointed with having another boy. That's the wrong wording... if I could have more kids, another boy would be awesome, but the prospect of never having a daughter may hit me hard. Guess we will see.

How are you ladies this weekend? I shot an engagement shoot this morning which was so much fun :) I love this time of year for how gorgeous it is outside.

Yes we're holding out! Oh ya i forgot to mention that they did say i have an anterior placenta... Boo.
I get what you're saying about disappointment, for us it doesn't matter but if I never got a girl is probably be pretty heartbroken! We had a wedding tonight, one of the best I've been to!! So nice!

I know exactly how you feel Caitlyn! I'm like that with this baby, if I found out it was another boy I'd probably be slightly disappointed. I'd still be happy, but I'd love a girl!! Ofcourse another boy would be nice too, but I think I'd have to get used to the idea that it's another boy...

I've been looking for slippers for Lucas to keep his feet warm in the house but all I can find are the granddad like slippers (see pic) or the 'mule' ones, which you just slip on, I doubt he'd be able to walk in them! I need something that sits right round the ankle so they don't come off easily! I want some nice ones with monkeys on or something like that! Maybe I should change my search to novelty slippers.... :shrug:

Attachments

• Slippers.JPG
    Slippers.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 0
I bet he could walk in the slip ons! Rowan walks in MY thong sandals and my high heels all the time and he is really good at both! They are usually cheap enough to give them a try :) But if you find the others, let me know lol! Have you tried Etsy?

Talia, msy be why bub isn't making too many waves for you yet- makes them hard to feel.

We're probably gonna go with snuggle socks... which are basically just socks, but thicker and warmer fabric.

Yeah with an anterior placenta apparently you don't feel as much... depending on whether it's high or low.... I had one with Lucas and I could feel him from 16 weeks. This time I have no idea where it is, it's supposed to say in your notes from your 12 week scan but it doesn't mention placenta at all... I'm guessing I've got one! :winkwink: Otherwise there wouldn't be any heartbeat anymore!
I reckon it's probably anterior aswell, cause I can't feel it too often. And it's still very light/faint when I do. I started feeling it about 2 weeks ago so I would've thought it would be a little stronger by now but still seems the same!

Ya I haven't been feelin anything lately... I swear I did a few weeks ago but maybe bubs position has changed where I don't feel it, who knows :S it'll come soon for sure!

Ahw those slippers are really cute! Unfortunately they don't have them in Lucas' size... :cry:

I made this: can you vote please, if you want to??
https://www.expectnet.com/logingame.php?game_name=Rudwick-baby2

Guessed! I really felt like I should put boy all of a sudden but I want a girl for you so that's what my guess is! I should set one up! Lol

Do it, Talia!

And Ella, they have his size, they go up to youth size 4... not toddler. And then there is another listing for adult sizes if you want to match ;) But yeah, they cover all ages. Just have to read the whole description.

Eurgh went shopping with one of my best friends yesterday for wedding dresses (hers and brides maids/matrons) and two of the other maids I want to punch in the face. They were acting like their decision was law and making Natalie (the bride) frustrated and Nat's sister who is the MoH is larger like me and the other two were just choosig dresses that their stick figures would fit but ours wouldn't, and we'd explain why it wouldn't work and they would tell us we were wrong. And then while eating they were making fun of some guy's hair and then a small child started crying (sounded like a pain cry to me) and the newly pregnant one of the two bitches was like "If you can't control your child, don't bring them out." Oh man do I ever hope her child is "spirited" and flips at everything!

ugh.. I hate people like that that think don't bring your child out if you can't 'control' them! It's nothing to do with controlling sometimes! You can't always stop your child from crying.....

I had a horrible afternoon with Lucas. We're trying to get back into the habit of having dinner at the dinner table, now that we have it out again! So I decided it would be a good idea to start having lunch (and breakfast from tomorrow) at the table aswell and he just would NOT sit there and eat his lunch! It was horrible! He kept crying.... but I wasn't willing to give in. I sat at the table with him at first but then I was like: maybe if I make him realise that I'm not gonna pay any attention to him when he's screaming like that then he might start eating. So I told him I was going upstairs and I'd come back down when he was finished.... I sat on the stairs so I could keep an eye on him, but he couldn't see me! And after a while he finally said: finished mummy! and he had finally eaten (most) of his sandwich. So I decided that was good enough for me and he got to leave the table. He must've been crying for about an hour!!
That was including when I made him the sandwich he picked up the lid from the peanutbutter jar and threw it on the floor in the hallway and I told him to go pick it up and give it to me. He didn't do that, so I warned him he'd go on the naughty step and he still didn't do it, so on the naughty step he went! The 2nd time he still refused, so he went back on the step and the 3rd time he finally did as I asked! :dohh:
The 2nd time he seemed to think it was very funny to sit right next to it and not pick it up, he kept looking at me laughing! - Hate it when he does that cause he's so cute it's soooo hard to keep a straight face!!! :dohh:

Anyway, not a fun afternoon! We were gonna go out as a family, after lunch but considering the mood he was in I told Jay to go out on his own.... as there were some things he had to do.

What size is a youth 4 though?? Cause Lucas is in a UK size 7....

Sorry busy at work but way to stick to your guns Ella!! Gotta do it!

And I hate seeing bridesmaid-zillas it's just rude and trashy, it's not your day get over it! Make it easy for your friend after all, you're standing up for them for a reason right? Be a decent person and don't add to the stress. And don't be a bitch to the other ladies! Simple? Jeez

I can fit in to youth 5 I think... You could message the creator, though and ask. Or I could for you :) And that is great that you are getting progress with Lucas. Change is hard, but it will be beneficial in the long run :)

I get to go hang out with the bridesmaids from hell again tonight. Yay. I am so glad I can play games with them in my mind while going through dresses... the bride even makes them try on dresses that are god awful to put them in their place. Sigh. I just don't get why she is friends with them... well one of them is her fiancees cousin but still...

No progress here!! :dohh: I won that one battle, but had another battle at dinner time which ended in him going to bed, he had a couple of spoon/fork fulls of one of his favourite meals, but ended up not wanting to eat so we put him to bed as it was bedtime anyway. Today he apparently did really well with his breakfast at the table and then lunchtime was a 2 hr battle and he still didn't finish all of it. By the time 2 hrs had passed since we started he had eaten 1 quarter of his sandwich and fallen asleep at the table, probably because all his crying drained all the energy out of him! So we ended up getting some clothes on him and taking him out anyway - hoping that when he woke up when I was trying to put clothes on him he didn't remember that he was in the middle of a battle with us about eating his sandwich (cause technically he could see that as us giving in!) Almost dinnertime again so we'll see how he does tonight!
He has also been waking up exactly at 3am the past 2 nights! The first night I thought he just had a bad dream or something so I sat with him for over an hour until he fell asleep. And then last night he got up 5 times! I just took him back to his bed the first 4 times, one of those times he came to our room and said to me: This bed! :dohh: I was like: Uhm.... NO! Then the last time Jay took him back to bed and he stayed there until morning! I was actually crying - Jay didn't notice though, cause I was so tired and just fed up with the battles all day and then continuing into the night! Toddlers!!! Argh!!! ](*,)

I asked Jay earlier if he was sure he wanted another one, cause I wasn't so sure at the time!! He just replied: well it's a bit late for that now, isn't it?? - Got a point there! :haha:

Sorry, not meaning to scare you Talia!! :blush:

Good luck tonight Caitlyn!! Hopefully they won't be too bridesmaidzilla tonight!

Hahaha I got a little while to brave myself for toddlerhood! We have friends with some 2 ish year olds and it can be trying at best! Lol

You never really see what it's like though. I give in much easier when we're around other people, just to shut him up :winkwink:
But yes it can be very hard! But at least the first 2 years are good! It's the 3rd one (when they are 2) that is the hardest - so far!! :haha:
I mainly find it hard cause he knows damn well what I'm asking/telling him to do and he understands it but just doesn't care. Even with consequences like the naughty step or things like that he just doesn't care!
I'm so jealous of one of my friends who would only have to threaten her little girl with something or start counting till 3 and she would listen, but Lucas.... like I said, doesn't care and when I do the counting till 3 thing (or tell him I'm gonna count till 3) he stands there laughing at me and starts counting himself, or finishes counting for me after I've started! :dohh:

When they're younger at least they have an excuse for not listening cause at first they don't understand what no means and that you really mean it when you say it. Or that there are gonna be consequences when they do it anyway. So you can't really get angry, just frustrated sometimes, but argh.... Lucas just makes me want to run out the door and leave him in the house on his own sometimes! :haha: Ofcourse I don't!!! (before anyone wants to ring social services!) I was joking to Jay yesterday when he was gonna go out, I said to him: shall I just come with you and leave Lucas here?? :winkwink: But he didn't think that would be a good idea! (neither did I) :haha:

Anyway dinnertime went really well tonight! He had 2 potato waffles, each cut into 4 pieces and 4 fish fingers, all cut in half. He only left 2 pieces of his potato waffles and 1 piece of fish finger. So we said he did really well and we were proud of him and let him leave the table, cause he really just wasn't gonna eat the rest! Very happy with that!
Hopefully he'll keep it up, and hopefully he'll sleep through again tonight - he looked VERY tired.

So enough about us, how are you doing???

Hahah I love your toddler stories! Yay almost 17 weeks for you! I'm almost halfway. When is your next scan?

So the papers got signed and possession is oct 15, let the renos begin!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->