4DPO today (This is an old thread!!!!)

Af finally took a hike :) How are you ladies?

Sorry I've been AWOL.... As you know we moved on saturday. Didn't stop until about 11.30pm Hubby and his dad had to take 2 trips to get everything over to the new house - we had more stuff than we thought!!! :haha:
They didn't come back from their 2nd run until about 10.30 so we unloaded the rest of the stuff and then basically went to bed. I got some boxes unpacked in the time hubby and his dad took to go back to the old house and load up the van again.
Kept getting told off by my MIL though for lifting things. :blush:
Baby seems fine though, we heard the HB again (finally, after not having heard it for 3 weeks!!! cause the doppler was packed away) on the first morning we woke up in this house (so sunday).
Then sunday we just unpacked and unpacked and unpacked some more all day, didn't stop till about 11pm. Then yesterday we walked to the nearest town to get some things sorted and have a look in the shops. On the way back we dropped into the GP's surgery to get registered. And then got back home at about 5.30pm and didn't stop unpacking more until about 11pm again! Hubby did most of it though I kinda just sat there talking to him, cause I was tired and really couldn't be bothered!
This morning I sorted Lucas' room and our bedroom out whilst hubby was working on the last boxes downstairs. So we're almost done now finally!!
We still want to decorate but we'll have to do that bit by bit, cause of money. We got some pretty cool space bits for Lucas' room yesterday though! Obviously we're going with a space theme in his room.

Anyway, they gave me a phone number for the MW at the GP's yesterday, as they said it was self-referral, but I can't seem to get through. I've rung them about 4 times now, the phone just keeps ringing!! 1 time it gave a busy tone, so I'm guessing they're around... but I don't know why it keeps ringing so long all the other times!! Pain in the ass that they're so hard to reach! Unless they gave me the wrong phone number?? :dohh:
I'm gonna be 16 weeks aswell on friday, so I'm supposed to have an appointment soon!

Anyways, enough chat about me/us. How are you girls???

Wow I'm impressed you guys got that some so fast. I know when we move we'll probably have a room a boxes we won't touch for ages! Well done. Silly that the MW don't have an answering machine! My intake with the midwives was through an email application! Lol
Glad that AF is gone Caitlyn! Onto the next cycle! Have you set anything up with doc before O? Hope so!! Congrats on the Passion Parties. My good friend is a consultant and our childhood friend who now lives in the states is like trainer or manager for them! She gets to go on trips with the company all the time because her sales as astronomical!

We're all done now!! Even hoovered afterwards!
My back is hurting now though!!
Glad it's all done, and can't wait for dinner now, cause hubby is making a nice chicken thingy (either chicken breast wrapped in bacon with cheese in it or chicken breast in a sauce with mushrooms and onions I think it was). And we're having some spinach and ricotta tortellini with it aswell! Bet I'm gonna be stuffed afterwards (usually am if we eat something like this, which isn't very often!)

Glad AF is gone Caitlyn!! Do you reckon you'll be able to get better timed donations this month?? At least you were able to keep doing your exercise the past month! :thumbup:

I kinda got discouraged with the exercise. And I am going to wait one more month to talk to the doctor's. The donor should be around in theory... I guess we will see lol. He is gone this weekend but I am hoping he is around the week after. I'm getting fed up :( Enough about boring me though.

Glad you did so much unpacking and got 'er done, Ella :)I'm like Talia... heck, we still have a basement of unpacked boxes.

Well hopefully next week will be opportune for many donations! I think it's good to do one more cycle and see if it was maybe a temporary thing before you see the doc! And here! Finally got a decent bump pic in the dress I'm wearing to a wedding this sat! And you can see my gross elbow is healing up a bit!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 5
Wow, bump is growing!! Nice picture Talia!!

And hopefully you, Caitlyn, can get some donations in around O-time this time!! :flower:

We've lived in a house that had been half packed away for the past.....uhm.... 9 months or so, so we're happy that we can finally have everything out again! There are some boxes that have been stuffed under the stairs in a cupboard, cause they've just got rubbish in it!
At the moment we're deciding on paint colours and had a look through some shops on what we want to buy to decorate the house. Just got some nice bits for Lucas' room. His room is gonna be a space-theme, bought him a rocket shaped cushion, there are matching curtains and matching bedding which we still want to get (they're quite expensive though, mainly the curtains!) Then we bought him a lampshade with some robots and rockets and stars on it and a little rocket nameplate for his door. And we got some glow in the dark stickers, shaped like moon, stars and planets to put on the wall! :happydance: Can't wait for his room to be done, it'll look so nice!
And we're going with a purple colour for our bedroom, for which we only really need to paint 1 wall, buy an ottoman (nice purple one) and put some shelves up. Possibly buy a chest of drawers or something like that at some point, but that's not too urgent at the moment.
And for the living room we're going with a nice greeny colour on 1 of the walls and we've already got some green ornaments to go with it and we want to buy some curtains (with matching cushions aswell). Can't wait till it's all done, cause it'll look really nice and we've never actually been able to do any of our houses up, as we knew we wouldn't be there for very long and we had to return it in the same state (colour wise) so we never bothered!

Yay I love starting fresh and picking things out that are your own! Exciting!
Speaking of which we might be doing the same sooner rather than later. We're going to go look at a house my parents put an offer on and if we like it they'll sign and sell the place we're in now. After some renos and some time to save a bit more we'll buy it from them! Could be out of here pretty soon! It's a very spur of the moment thing so we're still in shock but with the renters ( we have renters in the basement) lease up in nov and baby on the way there's no time to lose!

Ella, that sounds awesome. Glad you're making it a home :) And I love the space theme, that is awesome! My little sister's room will probably be space themed. Are you going to do some real constellations?

Talia! Look at that baby belly!! And I am so excited for your possible house acquiring! Lol.

Nah, we're just doing a 'wave' of stars/planets across one (maybe 2) of his walls.

So we went and looked at the house. It needs a bunch of work but it'll all come together. Papers were signed so hopefully it all goes through. My dad seems to be wanting to do all the cheapest of cheap renos which we want to talk to him about since why would we put something we don't like in just to redo it in a few years... It's silly and if we're the ones living in it and eventually buying shouldn't we get a say? Hopefully it all goes down ok. It's on one of the main roads which kind of sucks but it's walking distance to 3 schools really so that's pretty awesome. Timeline seems closer to January my dad thinks. Possession would be oct 15 then some time for the renos. I think we can be in before Xmas but who knows...

Sounds cool! Main thing you want for when baby is here would be a back garden. That way it's not so bad being on the main road! I really love having a garden (though our new one is a mess! but since it's gonna get colder now we won't do anything about it until next year!)
Wish we could buy a house, it would be so nice to do everything up the way you want it without having to worry about turning it back to the way it was or you could rip out walls and change things but you can't do that in a rental place. The only thing we changed here 'structurally' is taken the double doors off - they went from the living room to the dining room, but you couldn't open them all the way so they'd be flat against the wall and we don't wanna close them anyway so it's much better like this, as they just got in the way!

But yeah, definitely speak to your dad, maybe you can agree on doing something you both like.

Ya it has a nice yard, it'll be under a few feet of snow til march at least lol I'll find the link for you guys so you can see... The floors are all ripped up but the bones are good lol!

https://m.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=13540726

Looks cool! Nice and big aswell!!

I'd definitely replace the kitchen (floor at least) and put a new bath in! :haha:
Other than that looks alright, obviously with a new floor where needed...

Wow, love that big yard! And the big window on the front of the house. But definitely needs a bathroom reno lol. But that is such a cute place. I approve. And a decent price too, for Edmonton. Yep, Nice place for sure. So exciting!! And to have your own place before the baby arrives will be awesome. I'm kind of jealous haha.

Ella, a wave of stars and planets sounds nice :) I am sure Lucas wouldn't understand constellations anyways... I'd do it just because I like it haha.

Ya the kitchen and bathrooms are def a priority... And floors of course but otherwise it's pretty great! It's a good size and the yard is super nice, we'll need to plant a tree or two since there's none at all. Ya the price is pretty good. Looking just outside of Edmonton helps. It's crazy! I just can't wait to have a place I enjoy being in!!

And I'm on my way, on the bus with a full bladder! Bring it on!

Soooo what do you ladies think? :pink: still or :blue:?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
And here's the 3d... Don't know why they're all sideways!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back