4th time lucky?!?! anyone else pregnant following miscarriage(s)

Sparkle77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been a lurker on these pages for a while but thought it about time I said hi!

Congrats to all pregnant ladies! :happydance: got my fingers and toes crossed that we all have successful 9 months :flower:

I was just wondering if there are many people in the same boat as me and that is pregnant following previous miscarriage(s)?

I have been trying to have a baby for 6 long years now, and have suffered 3 devastating miscarriages everytime I eventually become pregnant :cry: (approx March 08, Jul 09 and April 12)

I am now on my 4th pregnancy and currently 7 weeks 3 days pregnant and waiting for a scan in the next week or so to see if things are on track or not?!?!

When my previous miscarriages have been discovered the babies have never measured more that 5.5 weeks. I feel a bit different this time and I am hoping and praying that just maybe, this little one might make it...

I have had two losses, I know how awful it is. and I am sorry for what you have been through! There is actually a forum for this on here called Pregnancy After Loss where you will find a lot of people with the similar experience. xx

I am also on pregnancy # 4, hoping for a mircale-if such a thing exists. Over the past 2 years, I have had 2 second tri losses (17 & 21 weeks), with an early miscarriage in between (6 weeks).
It feels impossible to feel good about this pregnancy. I am currently 9w3d. I will be getting an elective cerclage placed within the next few weeks, so that is one step in the right direction, but it is so difficult to remain optimistic.
I wish you a very happy, healthy and hopefully stress free 9 months!!

I have had two losses, I know how awful it is. and I am sorry for what you have been through! There is actually a forum for this on here called Pregnancy After Loss where you will find a lot of people with the similar experience. xx

I am so sorry you have experienced losses too, I wish you a very successful pregnancy and a happy, healthy 9 months. Thanks for the info on the other forum too :flower:

I am also on pregnancy # 4, hoping for a mircale-if such a thing exists. Over the past 2 years, I have had 2 second tri losses (17 & 21 weeks), with an early miscarriage in between (6 weeks).
It feels impossible to feel good about this pregnancy. I am currently 9w3d. I will be getting an elective cerclage placed within the next few weeks, so that is one step in the right direction, but it is so difficult to remain optimistic.
I wish you a very happy, healthy and hopefully stress free 9 months!!

I so sorry you have experienced such dreadful losses :cry:,
The elective cerclage sounds like a really good step, I have everything crossed that this will be a very successful pregnancy for you.

I am on my third pregnancy, after experiencing two losses. Keep your chin up and stay as positive as possible. Welcome and congrats!

I am on my third pregnancy, after experiencing two losses. Keep your chin up and stay as positive as possible. Welcome and !

Thanks Jillie! so sorry you've been through losses too, currently I'm feeling surprisingly positive but come that scan day, I know I will be an absolute bag of nerves!!!

Wishing you lots of luck that this is 3rd time lucky for you x :thumbup:

Me! Pregnant again after two losses. I too feel different this time. Can't wait to see my baby in 11 days for my first scan. <3

Me! Pregnant again after two losses. I too feel different this time. Can't wait to see my baby in 11 days for my first scan. <3

I feel different this time too! fingers crossed for you and best of luck for the scan x

Good luck to you all. Hope you have a healthy 9 months
X

I was third time lucky...I had two consecutive miscarriages, and then went on to have a healthy daughter (who is nearly 10 months old!) with the help of progesterone supplements, Clomid, and baby aspirin. I'm pregnant with what I'm hoping will be rainbow #2 right now...had a great ultrasound yesterday, so we'll see!

I've suffered 2 loses (August 2011, Sept 2013). First one i believe was a chemical. Second one was blighted ovum. I just found out i'm pregnant for a 3rd time! I too feel SOOO different about this one! I am so excited and am having so many positive thoughts. Every now and then i get them unsure moments, but i am feeling good. Especially after POAS and seeing the test line was darker than the control!!

Here's to a H&H 9 months for us!! It's so nice to have each other because we've been through similar things. We know what each other is thinking and feeling! :hugs:

It's amazing to read how many ladies on here have had multiple losses and are back in the saddle! I had 3 early losses and then an ectopic that took my left tube. I figured I was out and was about to give up but a few cycles later and now baby girl is due in June! Good luck to all of you in the first trimester as I know it can't go by fast enough:thumbup:

I was third time lucky...I had two consecutive miscarriages, and then went on to have a healthy daughter (who is nearly 10 months old!) with the help of progesterone supplements, Clomid, and baby aspirin. I'm pregnant with what I'm hoping will be rainbow #2 right now...had a great ultrasound yesterday, so we'll see!

Congrats Wookie on your scan! fab news and will give great hope to lots of scared ladies out there I'm sure too :thumbup:

I've suffered 2 loses (August 2011, Sept 2013). First one i believe was a chemical. Second one was blighted ovum. I just found out i'm pregnant for a 3rd time! I too feel SOOO different about this one! I am so excited and am having so many positive thoughts. Every now and then i get them unsure moments, but i am feeling good. Especially after POAS and seeing the test line was darker than the control!!

Here's to a H&H 9 months for us!! It's so nice to have each other because we've been through similar things. We know what each other is thinking and feeling! :hugs:

Congrats on your 3rd pregnacy! a good strong test line is a lovely sight indeed! :thumbup:

my first was a blighted ovum found at 10 weeks after bleeding, the other 2 were MMC's found at 7 and 8 weeks. I am also feeling surprisingly mainly positive this time and I have no idea why! except for a couple of odd moments where I panic that I'm just dreaming and it's not really happening!:blush:

Yes here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for us! :hugs:

Good luck, hun...my 4th pregnancy was the one that finally ended in a healthy baby girl. I hope this is your sticky one, too!!

It's amazing to read how many ladies on here have had multiple losses and are back in the saddle! I had 3 early losses and then an ectopic that took my left tube. I figured I was out and was about to give up but a few cycles later and now baby girl is due in June! Good luck to all of you in the first trimester as I know it can't go by fast enough:thumbup:

Thanks Pandi, this gives me hope!

So happy for you that things are finally working out, congrats, you must be very excited! :happydance:

I'm surprised at how many of us with multiple losses there are too, yes lots of luck to all of us and everyone in the scary first trimester :flower:

Good luck, hun...my 4th pregnancy was the one that finally ended in a healthy baby girl. I hope this is your sticky one, too!!

Thanks Scout, so happy to hear you were lucky the 4th time! this gives me hope :thumbup:

Congrats on the safe arrival of your precious little girl!

Sparkle - I'm so happy we're both feeling good about our pregnancies! I think the hardest and scariest part for me is going to the bathroom. My last pregnancy which was the BO i spotted everyday. I'm SOOO afraid of seeing blood when i go to the loo. I pray before i wipe every time. I know i sound crazy, but it's my worst nightmare!! When do u go in for a scan?

Sparkle - I'm so happy we're both feeling good about our pregnancies! I think the hardest and scariest part for me is going to the bathroom. My last pregnancy which was the BO i spotted everyday. I'm SOOO afraid of seeing blood when i go to the loo. I pray before i wipe every time. I know i sound crazy, but it's my worst nightmare!! When do u go in for a scan?

I know exactly how you feel! everytime I feel wet:blush:, I fear the worst and I'm scared to go to the toilet! but all I keep getting is pale yellowish cm?!, thank goodness! I had some very pale light brown, watery type cm around Christmas time which was a bit scary but it wasn't like any type of bleeding I've had with previous MMC's which has been either bright red, pink, or darkish brown. I'm hoping it was just some late implantation bleeding making it's way out and I haven't seen it again since, not so far anyway.. and this yellowish cm is something I've never experienced before, so hoping it can only be a good sign!

I am waiting for a date for a scan, I am hoping next week sometime but the hospital haven't got back to me yet, I may book myself a private one if they take too much longer. Are you going to have an early scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->