5 days of positive OPKs!! *Edit day 6... possible 1 dpo?*

Nicoleoleole

2 kids + 1!
Reaction score
Can anyone help me?

I am breastfeeding and although I've had 2 MC's (which means I've ovulated since LO was born), I haven't actually been able to track one.

I quit the mini pill almost a month ago, and lengthened time between each nursing. I started cramping about a week ago, and 5 days ago, got an OPK and it was positive. I continued to take them and 5 days since then, at all times of the day, they are positive.

HPTs say negative (except one last night, but the following morning was completely negative).

My chart is confused too lol

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 35
Don't know if there was any connection and I've no idea why it happened, but I got 5 days of +ve opks the cycle I got my bfp - also 2 or 3 days of ov pains at the beginning...didn't get a +ve pregnancy test until about 10 or 11 dpo though (and I was testing like mad, BELIEVE me!) We were trying for a year so I wonder if something different went on that cycle, but like I say, still don't really know what :flower: good luck :)

Definitely sounds like you're pregnant!! As far as I'm aware, the only reason for several days of positive OPK's are either you're expecting, or you have PCOS, so I would continue to take HPT's, maybe tomorrow with a FRER and FMU?

GL girl!! :hugs:

I have negative FRERs. And my chart says no as well. Any ideas? :flower:

I didn't get a +ve FRER until 11 dpo, got very faint +ve internet cheapies at 10dpo. Also are you in the states...? If so I think UK FRERs are more sensitive so might take bit longer over there to get a +ve than here! Hope it is your month anyway x

FRER at bottom. Negative. All the rest are OPKs

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/fuffina/photo.jpg

I put that the 30th and 1st are positive and FF said I'm 1 dpo today... does that even sound right?!

to me it looks like you are pregnant if you had that many positive opks!!!

frer's are not that sensitive!! I didnt get ap ositive on a frer, until I was 8 weeks with my daughter.

I didnt get a positive even ic, till I was 6 weeks along and it was very very faint.

some people have low hcg and rise slower than others. I am one of those.

I've been pregnant 7 times and all of mine have been great. That's why I'm so confused...

I dont know what to tell you then. LOL I am just trying to help. It is very rare to get that many positive opks in a row, do you have pcos?

I dont know what to tell you then. LOL I am just trying to help. It is very rare to get that many positive opks in a row, do you have pcos?

I know, and thank you so much for your help. :D :kiss:

I don't have PCOS. I am breastfeeding though... and I haven't had a period yet. I've had 2 MC bleeds since LO was born, so I obviously ovulate... :shrug:

I've been pregnant 7 times and all of mine have been great. That's why I'm so confused...

I have been using FR ovulation predictors for a while now and I ALWAYS get at least 3 if not 4 days of positives. And yes, its INFURIATING! Im ready to stop using them. haha. I used clearblue digi this month and I got a positive on it the DAY BEFORE my 4 positive FR's. Go figure? I have no idea... but I do know from EVERYTHING Ive read that a opk will NOT pick up pregnancy before a HPT... so although you def might be pregnant you prob wont see a positive until much much later... prob next week some time toward the end...

I wish I understood why DR oc predictors give so many days of positives too!

Sometimes woman can just have a longer LH surge. There have been months where my opk was positive for a week! This past month it was positive for less than an hour. CRAZY. I know...lol

For ovulation when testing with opks you should only go off of the first opk that you take. Simply because you really dont know how long your surge will last. From that first opk, you should ovulate anywhere between 24-48 hours later.

It's a bit confusing in your case since you've had previous MCs (Im so sorry!) so it could be that you had just ovulated or there is a chance you're pregnant. My advice would be to keep testing. GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->