5 dpo ... supposedly

tryin42nd

Reaction score
So according to MyMonthlyCycles and MyDays I was to ovulate on May 2nd (CD17). I've been tracking periods etc. this way the last year. Started to ttc last summer. This is my first month using OPK and I find them really irritating! lol I haven't had any line till yesterday extremely light line and today it was nearly the same colour as the control line. Then this eve it's very light again (pic of this attached) Does this mean I'm ready to ovulate? I had a little twinge in lower abdomen lastnite before bed. No signs of any CM though. I am using the cheaper ebay style OPK 's coz can't afford the expensive ones at the mo.

So confused by the whole thing already ..... really don't fancy going down the charting and temps route. Just using the OPK's this past week (since CD12) I feel likes it's taking over me :wacko:

Have been :winkwink: :sex: :blush: you know lol every other day the last few days. So hopefully it will catch that eggy this month!

Any suggestions as to what may be goin on would be most welcome!

PS. Have been PG twice, first time took 2 months TTC, M/C at 13 weeks. 2nd took a year to conceive, resulting in beautiful nearly 3 year old :)

Attachments

• IMAG0406.jpg
    IMAG0406.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 14
It could be that you had a short surge and didn't catch it and miss the positive or it could mean that you haven't ovulate yet this month. My first two months using ovulation tests I was so frustrated because I wasn't getting any positives (turns out I wasn't ovuating those months). The third month was very different, they started out with no lines, they started to get a little darker, and then I had a few days where it was almost positive and then 4 positive days in a row and back down to light. I got pregnant that month but lost the baby. A few notes for using opks, it is best not to use fmu and to use early afternoon urine, and you should hold it for at least 4 hours without drinking much. If you have a short surge you might want to try using them 2x a day (which I think from what you said you might be). I also think it is best if you start testing at CD9 (I start as soon as the bleeding stops). Fertilityfriend is helpful because you can put things like you cervical mucus and your cervical position and your opk results in. Good luck, hopefully you catch the egg soon!

Thanks for that. And when would you stop testing?? Until AF arrives? I took another test this aft, around 2.30pm (attached) Would you take this for a positive? These cheapie one's are tricky as it's not as simple as yes or no, line/no line lol

I will probably take another later on this eve as usual. Another thing is my diet has changed quite alot in the last three weeks and I am also doing my exercise bike everyday so my exercise routine has totally changed too .... this could possibly affect my cycle right?

Trying not to obsess over the whole thing but the more I say it to myself the more I find myself doing so!! :wacko:

Sending lots of :dust: your way :winkwink:

Attachments

• IMAG0407.jpg
    IMAG0407.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 6
That is close to a positive but not quite, the lines have to be at least the same darkness. It does look closer, maybe tomorrow. I usually test until I get the positive and then stop but the months I didn't get any positives I stopped after CD20 because I wasn't using the cheap opks yet. Yeah if you just started excercising it could be taking your body some time to adjust. Thanks for the baby dust, I'm not trying again quite yet, I have to wait for results from my reccurent miscarriage work up, but hopefully soon, for the both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->