5 month old fussy with feeds all of a sudden

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hello there,

Not sure if its just a phase or related to the sleep regression that we are also going through at the moment but the last week or so my LG has been really fussy with her feeds. At one stage she was having 4 bottles a day, 7-8 ounces no problems. Now sometimes it's hard to get her to have more than 3 ounces at a time! She just seems to be distracted whether that's to look around the room (I have tried reducing all possible distractions including taking the dog out of the room!) or just trying to do a poop (which is her new fave trick when taking a feed!).

Has this happened to anyone else??

I'm worried she's going to end up not getting enough, but she doesn't seem like she's hungry as a result.
About 6 weeks ago I moved up from size one tommee tippee tests to the medium flow size 2. Now 6 weeks ago she was having the 8 ounce bottles and it was only taking her 15 mins to drink it all once I changed to size 2. I thought about trying the size 3 fast flow but I don't see how it will help seen as 6 weeks ago she coped fine drinking 8 ounces with the medium flow tests that we still use! If that makes sense!

Anyone offer any advice or experienced similar?

Anyone?

I don't know whether I should try and get her to have more bottles in a day if she is taking less....

I'll buy some fast flow teats today and see if they make any difference but I doubt it, she's only drinking the milk for about 5 mins before she is just becoming distracted.

I am having their same scenario. my lo starts chwing the teat like shes bored.OR god help me if I wind her, shewilll not allow it back in after. she's having less now than should was at 4 wks old. maybe its another faze?

I bought the fast flow teats and that seems to have done the trick, she still gets slightly distracted but if I try and make sure the tv is off, dog is out of the room etc. And sometimes she still starts messing with the teat towards the end of the feed but I think the fast flow teat allows her to get more milk in before the distraction begins!

My baby is getting the exact same, used to easily take 8oz but now sometimes won't even take 3oz. I've changed to size 2 teats (we've got Mam bottles) and he's ok with them but when I tried the size 3 teats he choked and couldn't really handle it.
The only thing I can put it down to is he hates cold milk so if the bottle isn't hot/warm he won't drink it, fussy little boy! :)
Hope your little girl is taking her bottle better now!

My LO is been very fussy/distracted with his bottle also! Hes always been a great eater too... I'm starting to think he may have reflux though because last night he started to scream and turn red, and had been gulping/coughing just before that...can they develop reflux at 4 months??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->