5 month old not sleeping

Marythefairy

Reaction score
Hi ladies. My 5 month old had never been a great sleeper but had been waking at around 3 then 6 after a bedtime feed about 9. For the last 2 weeks she has been waking every 1.5-2 hours wanting feeding. I thought it was a growth spurt but they only last a couple of days don't they?

Any suggestions of what I should do. She seems hungry every time do you think she's not having enough milk each feed?

Feeling very sleepy! 3 year old with regular nightmares isn't helping either :)

Thanks

Babies sleep patterns are constantly changing, maybe she is working on a new milestone, maybe it's a bit of a sleep regression, maybe she's teething, maybe she just needs some extra comfort during the night right now. As long as you feed on demand you will have enough milk.

I just went through something like this. We were weaning from the swaddle and then moving from bassinet to crib so I thought it was just upheaval causing the night waking. But 2 days ago she rolled from back to front for the first time and yesterday she perfected rolling across the floor to get to something out of reach. The amazing thing is last night and tonight she fell asleep without a fuss. Last night she only woke twice, 4 hours apart just to eat and fell back asleep within 10 minutes. Naps were also really easy, no crying and 2 hours a piece. There is hope. :thumbup::hugs:

Thanks ladies. It has improved slightly although the hot evenings in the UK at the moment aren't helping. She has indeed mastered a new milestone of rolling back to front. She now does this in the night then cries because she can't get back again! Hopefully this new wake up is short lived

Is she distracted when feeding during the day? My dd is 4 months and has been so distracted and bobbing on and off. It's driving me mad. I've been trying to extend time between feeds to make sure she's really hungry so she will be more willing to feed. She has also recently rolled front to back and is desperately trying to roll back to front. She's also doing 360 degree turns in her cot!! Anyway, her sleep was like you say but recently has been improving. I'm working on cutting out one night feed. I know a lot of breastfeeding mums don't agree with this but I have an almost 3 year old too and need my sleep to be a good mummy to him!

Yes moolia my lo is very distracted during the day too. It can be really hard to get her to feed and she pops off at the drop of a hat. I hope both babies get over it soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->