5 Weeks 6 Days - No HB.

Jem123

On a break
Reaction score
Hi,

Went for a early ultrasound this morning as I had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday, thus is my second cycle of IVF. This embryo was a frozen one. My 7 week scan wasn't booked until next thursday but they had asked me to go in today to make sure everything was ok.
My nurse wasn't aware that the scan had been brought forward so she was scanning me thinking I was 7 weeks tomorrow and said she wasn't seeing what you'd expect to see at 7 weeks. So at this time I am super scared and panicking. Then she checks my dates and realises that Im not even 6 weeks until tomorrow so says that what she is seeing is what she should be seeing at 6 weeks so not too worry. TOO LATE! Panicking now, There is a yolk and a foetal pole but no heart beat. Just a tiny little thing right next to the wall. She did say that there was no signs of bleeding and my Sac is where is should be, so I have been rebooked for a scan in 7 days time. (19th)

I'm worried now that our little bean isn't growing, I'm reading that some people see HB at the point but other don't. :( Not sure what to think now.

I'll upload my ultrasound pics, please anyone can you give me some advice :(

Attachments

• Photo on 12-03-2014 at 11.11.jpg
    Photo on 12-03-2014 at 11.11.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Photo on 12-03-2014 at 11.11 #2.jpg
    Photo on 12-03-2014 at 11.11 #2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 56
I am/was totally sure of my dates, temp'd, OPK etc etc and my 1st scan (previous MC history) was at 5+6 also, I didnt even have a yolk sac! Just an empty gestational sac!!! Literally, 3 days later rescanned showed HB and everything fine, so your ahead of where I was! fear not (easy for me to say eh!) , still time for everything to work out:flower::flower:

Your scan looks normal for your gestation to me. The heartbeat at that stage is hit and miss, but if you saw a sac, yolk and fetal pole, I'd say things are looking great!
Ps I had an emergency scan with one of my girls around 5 1/2 weeks and they didn't even see the sac. Obviously it was there. It's just so hard to pick up everything when baby is so tiny.

I was 6+1 and he could only see the yolk sac (which is apparently considered normal). I've still got over a week to wait for my next scan. Easier said than done, but try not to worry x

Thank you so much for your replies. I think I'm fixating on what she said when she thought I was 7 weeks :(

My Gestational Sac measured at 6 weeks 6 days but she won't concerned about that.

NatandMat - how many weeks will you be on your next scan?

This week is going to go so slow! :(

Thank you. Maybe I should stay off google lol. :blush:

Personally i think its to early to see a HB, i'd say any day after 6+4wks is better time but again may not see it until well into week 7. Try not to worry, everything is crossed for you x

Definitely stay away from google! I'll be 9+1 on my next scan (eek, I've got to wait nearly 2 weeks, not 1) I can't imagine he would have booked one so far ahead if he thought it was a bad sign though, especially as it's a private hospital. Lots of women go through the same thing, keep us updated x

I second Claire788 in that I was being monitored closely because of a previous ectopic and new exactly when I ovulated/conceived and only an empty gestational sac was seen up until 6 weeks 2 days when we saw the whole kit and kaboodle!

You might feel better if you do a search in this forum about no heartbeat at 6 weeks and read the outcomes. I have read/responded to so many threads over the last months with this exact concern and almost always the baby ends up fine.:thumbup:

I had a scan at 5+6 and all they could see was a yolk sac so i wouldnt worry if i was you.
I know its easier said than done because i worried and started googling and made myself worse but when i asked the question on these forums i go on there was alot of people that didnt see one either.
I went again at 7+4 and seen the heartbeat.
Good luck for yout next scan x

I was told by my sonographer that they don't expect to see a heartbeat before 6 weeks - usually from 6w - and most plus 3days. xx

Hope this makes you feel better. 5w4d

Attachments

• baby%20no%202.jpg
    baby%20no%202.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 21
Thank you for you replies :) I rang and spoke to my nurse and she said to stop worrying as there was a yolk sac which is what they expect to see at 6 weeks. She also said they really only scan at 6 weeks to rule out position and check for Gestational Sac to confirm pregnancy. Anything else if left til 7 weeks so Im waiting patiently til the 19th.

Mapha, that looks like mine :) When did you start to see the baby? or HB?

Yesterday I was having cramps all day which were concerning me. Then I was laying on my resting in the evening and i felt something odd down there. So i went to the toilet, blood in my bottoms and and there was a massive gush of blood and 'plop'. :( this happened 4 times in total that night. I managed to catch the one clot and it filled my palm, was like liver. Ive been bleeding since but not much and only a couple of small clots. I rang my clinic this morning and went straight in for a scan. The sac and yolk still there and in the right position but still no foetal pole (Im 6 weeks 1 day according to them and the date according to my FET). My nurse didn't seem very hopeful, pretty much told us it was a miscarriage then said we will scan next week as planned so we will see.

Feel shitter than shit now :cry:

I am so sorry that you are going through this. But as hopeless as it may seem, don't lose all hope yet. There are some members on this forum who have had bleeding like you mentioned and everything has turned out ok.

Personally, I had heavy bleeding and was told it was a miscarriage but the doctors got it wrong. I now have a very healthy 22 month old.

You never know, you may also be one of the lucky miracles.

Thats good to know thank you. :D
Just can't help but think they should see a foetal pole by now :( as that us what my nurse was more focused on. The fact she couldn't see a foetal pole yet.

Sorry but I can't give any advice on the heartbeat and fetal pole but maybe some of the other forum members may have some, as I do remember seeing a few stories about seeing it and some about not seeing a heartbeat at around the 6 week mark but then seeing it a few days later.

Will have my fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you.

Hiya, was the scan on the belly or by vaginal ultrasound? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->