5 Weeks 6 Days - No HB.

Best of luck, Jem123. I really hope you have a positive outcome. I have no advice as I've never had a scan before 11 weeks, but as Smonsta said there have been a number of stories on here where it has turned out fine in the end

I had a scan at 5w6d and there was no heartbeat. At 7 weeks when I went back there was a weak heartbeat. When I went back at 9 weeks there was a strong heartbeat. My baby was been fine at every ultrasound since, and we just found out that we are having a girl. Good luck. I'm sure everything will be okay.

I also want to add that the only reason I had a scan at 5w6d was because I had a lot of bleeding. I hope everything is okay.

The hb generally doesn't start til 6wks, my gyno won't scan til 6+3 onwards. I saw my boys hb at 6+4, had quite a bit of tissue like discharge at 7+2 and a rescan at 7+4 showed hb still fine! He's14 months now

Its not the heart beat that bothers me at this stage it's that she couldn't see a foetal pole, maybe the start of one she said. Shouldn't they see one by now? Im confused lol.

No, not necessarily. I would say you were just very early to see anything. xx

Im hoping that is the case too.. Im crossing every part of my body until my next scan. It's going to be the longest 3 days ever!

Oh dear, you must be feeling so stressed. I hope everything is ok and works out love :hugs:

I was really worried at my 6 week scan when we still only saw a gestational sac so I understand your worry. The heart actually starts beating at 20-25 days after conception but we can't see/hear it until a bit after since it's so tiny! I had scans at my normal office and also one out of town and nothing:nope: Two days later there she was heartbeat and all....I really don't understand how so much happened so quickly by the technician that finally found the baby mentioned that the angle she had to use to see her would be easily missed by most people. There's a lot that goes into locating the baby this early on so here's hoping all goes in your favor on the 19th:thumbup:

I only heard mine at 7w3days. I was also so worried at my 5w4days scan as we couldn't see anything. I also had an early scan due to spotting to rule out ectopic. I hope everything turns out well for you :hugs:

Thank you for your replies, they have made me feel more hopeful.

Yes hopeful just the one night, still a tiny bit of staining when I wipe but th smallest amount. They heavy bleeding had stopped by the morning.

I am way beyond stressed now, we have been TTC for 4 years and this is our 2nd round of IVF (last was BFN) so we got excited. Silly us lol..

Still getting cramps and spotting... not long til scan now

My scan is tomorrow morning at 9.30 :( so scared

So the foetal pole has grown but she couldn't find a heart beat so I have been referred to the Early Pregnancy Unit tomorrow as they know more about this sort of thing.
My nurse said she didn't feel it will be a ongoing pregnancy :( bit harsh really. :wacko: But my question is how would the foetal pole grow if it was over?

I'm not sure I know it needs to have a healthy foetal pole, gest sac and yolk sac to be considered viable= were all important items visible? I saw hb on my scan yest should have been 7 weeks but she said 6+2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->