5 weeks and HCG 19,000!

jtyler612

Reaction score
Went to hospital yesterday for pelvic pain an found out I have corpus Leutual cyst and only saw gestational sac but doctor thinks hcg is high for 5 weeks but thinks everything is going perfect and wrote possibly twins on my paperwork!! Is this normal ??

At 5 weeks I only saw a sac and my hcg was only 3300 doctor said that was right on track so I would strongly consider twins.

Thank you for your input. My head is spinning lol. My symptoms have recently picked up as well. I looked online earlier that on average at 5 weeks 2 days a singleton hcg is 1500 and a twin hcg is 19,200! When the nurse was taking my blood she said if your hcg was 118 a week ago it needs to have doubled every two days so that would put you at 960, and when the doctor came in to tell me she was shocked! But only one gestational sac so far and next ultrasound is next Friday the 10th.

At 6+1 last time mine was over 100k! One baby boy!

This time it was 34,000 at 5+5 ish, scan on Monday :)

5w3d mine were 17,000...just one healthy Freckle in there.

You're right in the range...when you're "week PLUS something", you look in the next week's range for levels and that's within normal range.

mine was 18,762 at 4w6d...only one baby girl. Good luck!

They believe I'm only 5 weeks because we only saw the sac as compared to last week we saw nothing but thickened uterus. I have pcos so when I went for my first ultrasound dating from my lmp I was suppose to be 5 and a half weeks but was only 4. Exactly a week later they believe I'm 5 from only seeing gestational sac. So relieved about having good numbers though!

One sac could mean identical twins! Hope you get answers soon.

If they only saw one more than likely only ONE. They don't usually miss a sack and I don't think identicals would have any effect on anything since there is only one placenta.

Maybe there's only one gestational sac, but there may be two babies in it? They're still too tiny to see at this stage, but it might explain your numbers?

Good luck.

x

Identical twin prego mama here and my levels were only 13,313 at 6+0 when we discovered it was identical twins and saw two hb's in one sac. Go figure!! :D.

You're still in the running because it may just be too early to see the 2 babies in One sac and of course, it's way too early to see the single placenta. We saw mine in wk 10. Identicals can also be in 2 separate sacs with 2 placentas 30% of the time-this is di-di identicals.

I also had a 4.5 cm cyst on my ovary that made progesterone for the twins through wk 12, but I don't have pcos. I have heard that sometimes higher levels relate to PCOS, my friend's RE told her that.

I do want to tell you now that if it's ID twins with a single placenta, it's been a pretty high risk proposition for us. A lot of little things can go wrong and there's a 20% chance of Twin to Twin Transfusion. You'll need extra care from an MFM and scans every 2 wks. If you discover them to be monochorionic like mine, let's stay in touch so you can join some of the FB groups and get the proper care you need.

Best wishes :flower:

Lucy Luke, congratulations and thank you!! I am so nervous and excited!!! Thank you for all the information!! Very helpful! Thank you ladies for all the input! You guys are great!!! I will keep you all posted! On we'd I will know how much my levels are again and Friday another ultrasound and hopefully will be around 6 weeks!!! Thank u!!!

With this pregnancy mine was 29 000 at 4w5d. One baby girl in there :)

At 5w2d my hcg was 13500. At 5w4d it was 26400. Only one baby in there (that we know of!!! LOL).

Hi ladies, glad I found ur thread..:) for starters I had what I though was af on dec 5th..I have endo and have very painful o but never got my o pains this month..but long story short I took two frer 5 days before af and both were blaring!! Very..I went for bloods nxt day they were 611..then nxt day 922, then two days later I was 3, 988...I go to doc on wed to see how far along I am..but hoin by lmp I will b 5wk 2days preg and my numbers nearly 30, 000..what ya think? Normal range? Further along? Or possible twins? I have been preg w twins once but one vanished and ended w one baby and I was a fraternal twin as well..wat ya think? Shld I b worried bout molar or anything?

Wow mara..I just saw ur post and mine r just above urs and ur having one baby yes? Did u get an ultrasound? Cld u see fetal pole yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->