5 weeks today! still cramps?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
I know this is silly, but finding out at 3w6d made me nervous, and im so happy to be at 5 weeks as of today. I am still having some decent cramping though, when will that end? Its a mind trick that's for sure.

Cramping can last a long time. 5 weeks is still a completely normal time to have cramping. Your uterus has a lot of stretching to do, and a lot of things are forming. Most of my cramping stopped at about 10 weeks this time. But it lasted longer in my first trimester. I think it lasted until about the end of the first trimester the first time.

i just turned 5 weeks today and i had a ob oppointment yesterday. my midwife said over the next month i will experience some menstrual type cramping and that's going to be caused by my uterus growing. i did mention i had cramping about 4 times a day randomly and she told me i should see her again if it gets really painful, but also the baby is still implanting at four weeks. my cramps arent painful they just feel weird/strange. everything went great at my first appointment and ill have to come back in four weeks and i get to hear the heartbeat!

I had cramping every single day from 12dpo until about 6 weeks. Now I just get charming shooting ligament pains if I get up too quick or move funny!

I still get random mild/dull cramps once in awhile at 18 weeks... It all normal as long as your not bleeding bright red blood and clots with it. GL and FX for a Happy Healthy 9 Months to you!

I had some on-off cramping pretty much all the way through with my son, it's just things stretching and moving around :)

Im still having on and off cramping now. ..its just everything stretching getting ready for baby to grow too :)
As long as theres no bright red blood cramping is normal.

I had pretty painful cramping (felt like menstrual cramps) up until about 5.5 weeks, and it slowly started to ease up from there. Granted, I always had extremely painful periods due to endometriosis... so my OB said it only makes sense that the growing and stretching would be pretty painful for me as well.

I never had any spotting or bleeding (knock on wood) so I never got too worried.

The cramping still comes and goes... I've been cramping today, but it's a dull stretching type.

I had very bad cramps at the beginning, and was convinced it was either ectopic or another chemical. U/s showed a healthy baby though.

The cramps got a bit more mild as the weeks went on, and mid 2nd-tri they were mostly gone (lots of scary stretching pains though haha).

In the last week or two they've come back- unfortunately they're still scary (but thankfully mild). Doctor says it's my body preparing contractions, but as long as they don't get regular, they're normal...

hopefully you manage to escape them longer than I did, but the doctors keep telling me some cramping is normal- just part of growing! (or dehydration- so drink up!)

I had some pretty serious cramps and stretching feelings until about six weeks. I get some twinges still but I don't even pay attention to it anymore.

I'm 5W6D and still cramping. Both my older sisters cramped past 8 weeks. Unless there's blood, it's fine.

Thanks! im 5w1d now, and still having them, but no blood or anything. I did used to have very painful periods so like others said, I guess it makes sense this would be kinda painful too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->